PDA

View Full Version : Passenger Information List (PIL)

Been Accounting
4th Sep 2014, 05:33
I have been asked where I can find raw data showing the number of pax and amount of cargo on each and every flight.

I have discovered the Passenger Information List ... Is there an equivalent for cargo?

Alternatively I think this information must be on the trim sheet.

Is this data sent electronically to the aircraft? I have often seen the PIL in the form of yards of paper being handed over just before departure but I am looking for an electronic form. Ideally this would be the same document for every airline.

I am fairly sure the next question I will get is whether the pax are shown by class and the cargo by hold (bulk) or ULD.

I have googled but without great success. Any guidance is welcome.

wiggy
4th Sep 2014, 09:25
Umm. I suspect it varies from airline to airline and system to system, and there will be commercial sensitivities I'm sure.

Anyhow.. I am fairly sure the next question I will get is whether the pax are shown by class and the cargo by hold (bulk) or ULD.

Legacy carrier - we may get a paper PIL, we do have access to an electronic PIL onboard which does includes seating information, not just the class...however having a PIL is not mandatory ( for us).

OTOH the loadsheet is mandatory, and shows us total number of passengers and crew plus the weight in each cargo compartment, on board we only get specific location details for any sensitive (e.g. potentially hazardous) cargo we are carrying.

Hope that's of some use.

Bonne Chance...BTW looking at your location is not an ENAC question is it??

Out Of Trim
6th Sep 2014, 17:31
After the flight has departed an LDM (Load Message) is usually generated and sent to airline Ops and Destination. It details number of pax and their genders, children and Infants, number and weights of bags and cargo in each Hold.

Been Accounting
5th Nov 2014, 19:02
Similar type of question.

Is there a standard message that lists the gate number on arrival?

Many thanks

Steve

Capt Wannabe
7th Nov 2014, 19:32
Just a quick point re LDM. It actually gives the total weight in the holds and does not necessarily distinguish between the types of load (B/C/M etc.). This can be included in the SI section but there is no an agreed standard so parsing is quite complex.

For a proper breakdown the SLS can be useful.