PDA

View Full Version : Outlook copying of mails to folders

Booglebox
3rd Sep 2014, 09:10
Greetings, fellow nerds :8
My turn to ask a question. In order to avoid the wrath of the bean-counters, some of us - unfortunately including yours truly - are required to occasionally save various emails as .msg files on a server fileshare.
This worked fine with Office 2010 but having recently upgraded the legume-reckoners to Office 2013, dragging and dropping an email to an Explorer folder causes an annoying security warning, every time. :{
I would very much appreciate any ideas to get rid of this, so I can attempt to appease the dastardly pulse-quantifying troglodytes. Many thanks in advance.

xanda_man
5th Sep 2014, 15:20
If you can copy the error to here it will give a better clue as to what might be causing the issue.

Unfortunately I'm on a Mac at the moment :sad: so can't give it a try myself

Mr Optimistic
5th Sep 2014, 16:12
We have the same issue at work and the company deletes all 'old' emails periodically. With multi-year projects this is not helpful. I find outlooks archiver to be unreliable so I Create personal folders in outlook and file stuff there.

The newer versions of outlook/windows do seem odd and security block stuff you have already received or sent if you try and move or forward it. There will no doubt be a setting somewhere to mitigate this but since the company will have it locked down I haven't bothered to look. Hope you get a useful answer that I can attempt!