PDA

View Full Version : has QF dropped BNE/ZQN for winter 2015 ?

BNEA320
1st Sep 2014, 04:46
was given few hundred thousand QF ff points & thought I'd try & use them before they became useless.

Looked up BNE/ZQN for Jul/Aug 2015 & only QF flights are via SYD.

Does this mean that JQ are probably taking over the route OR are they giving the route to VA/NZ monopoly.

Anyone know what's happening ?

IsDon
1st Sep 2014, 06:08
Qantas doesn't fly it now. JetConnect!

Ollie Onion
1st Sep 2014, 06:30
IsDon,

Get over it, passengers don't know the difference and don't care.

On the original subject. I suspect it is just probably to early to book at the moment, I would only expect these decisions to be made in December / January.

allthecoolnamesarego
1st Sep 2014, 06:45
Ollie,

IsDon is just detailing facts. Are you worried about the truth being known?
Nothing 'to get over',
Just the facts ma'am :ok:

sppearl
1st Sep 2014, 07:41
Jc never flown bne to zqn just picking up pieces syd to zqn

Ollie Onion
1st Sep 2014, 07:43
No what I am saying is that as far as the public is concerned Jetconnect is Qantas.

sppearl
1st Sep 2014, 07:47
So it is in everything but pay and conditions

BNEA320
1st Sep 2014, 08:09
JQ did fly OOL/ZQN a few days a week few years ago, but it was a disaster.

27/09
1st Sep 2014, 09:30
IsDon is just detailing facts. Are you worried about the truth being known?
Nothing 'to get over',
Just the facts ma'am

Sure is some precious pilots on here at times.

Nigel747
1st Sep 2014, 10:34
......are some.......

lc_461
1st Sep 2014, 10:55
I'm pretty sure BNE/ZQN this season was mainline crew with VH- aircraft.

blackteal
2nd Sep 2014, 11:23
Ollie Onion, in regards to your comment below:
"Get over it, passengers don't know the difference and don't care."

Passengers do know the difference, I have heard passengers say why is everybody on the crew a "kiwi"?

Bro, people are not as stupid as you may believe, it is noticed. You may pull it off on a Trans Tasman, but doing flights out of Australia to places like Fiji, Vanuatu, etc. (ie. no NZ connection to this sector), people notice these things and do comment on them.

Australopithecus
2nd Sep 2014, 13:11
I lack an Australian accent, having washed up here after my formative years, which were spent everywhere else. Last week the cabin crew took great delight in showing me the Net Promoter comments from one of our J class twarts*, in which she lamented flying on Qantas, yet with a "non-Australian" pilot.

Some people are just misanthropic and/or jingoistic idiots, and their opinions reflect their narrow, outdated world view. It has been my experience that race, gender and citizenship have all been very poor predictors of anything.

*twart: the "R" is silent.

pistinaround
2nd Sep 2014, 14:06
Huh ??? :confused:

Eastwest Loco
2nd Sep 2014, 14:41
All I am showing in Sabre is NZ with VA codeshare and VA with NZ codeshare.

Best all

EWL

BNEA320
3rd Sep 2014, 01:40
yep am betting it will be JQ around twice a week or maybe even 3 times a week.

Once a week with QF was never ever going to be successful.

roger_ramjet
3rd Sep 2014, 02:28
I just flew it a few weeks ago and it was a VH aircraft with all Aus crew. (Average age about 65 but that's another story).
About 80% full. J class was all staff...

Maybe they just haven't loaded the flights for next season yet, seeing how this one goes first. Give it a few months?

oldskool86
4th Sep 2014, 04:15
QF185 (BNE-ZQN) departs once a week on saturday and is operated by Qantas mainline.

The only services that are operated out of BNE by Jetconnect are to Auckland only.

However, QF services to ZQN out of SYD are a mixture of both Qantas mainline and Jetconnect flights. Depends on the day of the week.

cookie4152
4th Sep 2014, 10:37
Oh Gawd, no it ain't! QF is fast becoming a virtual airline.
Online deals are attractive, and with the bonus of seat affirmation.

BNEA320
5th Sep 2014, 01:15
this maybe the last ever BNEZQN using QF metal. Codeshare with JQ likely from next JUN.

lc_461
5th Sep 2014, 04:05
I'm pretty sure they were loaded into res this year quite late.. Maybe around January.. Have a look for the media release I'm sure you'd find it.
As to changing to Jq, why on earth would they do that when a return bne/zqn flights costed more than bne/lax at one stage!