PDA

View Full Version : AME's in Spain

roadster
29th Aug 2014, 12:49
Hi Folks,

I moved to Spain a few years ago and its become a bit of a pain to keep returning to the UK for my class 1 medical. I've looked at the CAA medical site and it does'nt show any AME's for Spain.
Does anyone know of an AME in the Costa Blanca region please ?

zondaracer
29th Aug 2014, 20:57
You can use a Spanish AME, but I did that once (I have an EASA licence issued by the UK CAA) and it was such a hassle that I fly to England once a year to renew my medical.

dav_vader
29th Aug 2014, 22:50
This is the webpage of AESA (spanish EASA).

Centros médicos aeronáuticos acreditados - Aeronautical medical examinations - Aviation professionals - Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento (http://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/lang_en/prof_sector/medicina/centros/centros_apartado_2.aspx)

I know the english page is not properly translate but I hope it helps you.

RHS
2nd Sep 2014, 17:37
Gibraltar has an AME

roadster
15th Sep 2014, 15:10
Many thanks dav_vader, I'll have a look at the Valencia option - can you elaborate on the problems you encountered having your medical carried out by a Spanish AME, was it an administration issue ?
Thanks for you help.

roadster
15th Sep 2014, 15:14
Oops apologies dav_vader my reply should have been to zondaracer :\

roadster
15th Sep 2014, 15:22
Hi Zondaracer, thanks for your reply, can you elaborate on what the main hassle factor was with having your medical in Spain ? I've reached a certain age where I now need two medicals a year ! Valencia is only an hour up the road and would make life very much easier if I could make the Spanish medical system work for me !

remote
27th Nov 2014, 13:19
hi roadster
i would like to try and do similar in VLC..could you make it work relatively hassle free?

Thorond0r
22nd Dec 2014, 23:51
Best option in Spain is Dr. Rafael de la Fuente in Cuatro Vientos (LECU) in Madrid. Cheap and fast. Very reliable, you will walk out with your class 1 in circa 30'. Took it once somewhere else and regretted it. Cheers

Vanihabbat
10th Aug 2021, 15:48
Does anyone know the current address of the webpage of AESA?

Markos.
10th Aug 2021, 17:53
Does anyone know the current address of the webpage of AESA?

https://www.seguridadaerea.gob.es/

Vanihabbat
11th Aug 2021, 11:52
Markos, many thanks!