PDA

View Full Version : Vista Jet Hiring CL 604 & 850

Bucket
28th Aug 2014, 13:24
I see that Vista Jet are still hiring for these positions.

Their advert lists the criteria quite clearly and that includes the need for a type rating.

However I know they have recently taken on a non-rated nil jet time direct entry FO who will have his type rating paid for.

Er??

No sour grapes just an overwhelming sense of frustration that the process of looking for a job is challenging enough without this going on.

Thoughts please...

galaxy flyer
28th Aug 2014, 13:27
Welcome to aviation. If you are surprised, dismayed or feel hurt by this at VJ, you have a shed load to learn. It's not all on the practical exam.

GF

FLEXJET
28th Aug 2014, 15:12
When a company advertises for a position, you often see the dreamed or ideal version of the candidate. If you feel you can do the job just apply. But then you'll also need luck.

dcoded
29th Aug 2014, 07:29
I just applied.

Rated, and current on the 850 with experience flying the 850 in VIP operations.
But I don't nearly fit the time requirement.

How stringent are they on this point?

Do they value experience on type, and in VIP ops highly?

Any input would be appreciated

deefer dog
30th Aug 2014, 01:52
does it matter what anyone here thinks? why not simply apply, and outline your experience? :ugh:

deefer dog
30th Aug 2014, 01:54
does it matter what anyone here thinks? why not simply apply, and outline your experience? :ugh:

just noticed that you did apply....very brave of you!

dcoded
31st Aug 2014, 00:34
Wow, thanks for your valuable input.:yuk:

Wodka
2nd Oct 2014, 10:25
Applied to VJ early summer. Just recently got PFO. I'm not type rated but meet all the hours mins (airline TP FO at the mo) and I know they take on non-typed guys so wondering if anyone knows what's happening internally?

Are there enough TR guys out there at the moment or is the recruitment policy just completely random/need to know someone? :{

dcoded
4th Oct 2014, 10:29
I got a rejection letter also.

I have type, current job with the 850 but ways too little experience.
I guess there are a lot of better suited candidates.

rjay259
28th Oct 2014, 20:10
I notice that ppjn has said they are hiring on all fleets, have I missed when they changed the website or have people just sent in C.Vs to HR?

Cheers.

Oldschoolflyer
29th Oct 2014, 10:50
I applied last summer when I was made redundant. (They were hiring at the time). I was available immediately, 7,500.00 hours total with over 1,500.00 hours on type. I received a Dear John! Not sour grapes at all, just bemused that I didn't get a look in....I work freelance now, very happy :ok: