PDA

View Full Version : Vietnam Airlines B777 Captains

twentyyearstoolate
27th Aug 2014, 07:30
I see Rishworth has just got a new contract for 777 Captains.

Contract Term: 5 years, renewable
Roster pattern: 6 weeks on/ 2 weeks off
Base: Hanoi, Vietnam
Payment: USD13.156 per month (after checked to line), plus overtime

Anyone have info on working LH with these guys?

burnable gomi
27th Aug 2014, 07:45
For that money it would really need to be a 50/50 roster.

fullforward
27th Aug 2014, 08:56
The T&Cs are so obscure and complicated that accountant and lawyer assistance is highly recommended.
Lots of loopholes!:confused:

Furthermore it's highly objectionable that the vacancy even exists: other agencies that have VA contracts are not advertising this one for the triple.

Greenlights
27th Aug 2014, 11:46
6 ON 2 OFF ? is it a joke ?

airman13
27th Aug 2014, 17:22
what about 8 on /2 off....a real joke...

kwaiyai
29th Aug 2014, 01:02
Any Transport and Accommodation thrown in?

Dihedral1
30th Aug 2014, 05:20
Eventually 777 drivers will be needed as the "Skygods" transition to the 787. By preempting things, they get you to sign the "Exclusive Agent" clause, so effectively your theirs, regardless of how long the actual hiring takes. And forget a release letter if you want to go with another agency when they start to offer the position..

Luke SkyToddler
30th Aug 2014, 06:20
1) I'm an "insider" and I'm quite happy with Rishworth thanks. Even the PARC / DPI guys would agree that RAL has been the most proactive and organized agency in the last couple of years, with regard to looking after the guys and fighting for the recent contract improvements we've had i.e. the overtime, flying to age 65 etc. Also we have the best medical insurance, the best crew support pilot and the best parties ;)

2) Don't know why you think it's a hoax. There's no secret it's to cover the B787 expansion. But look at the time frame, the plane is due mid next year and the first Vietnamese will be going on their type rating courses in about 6 months. By the time DEC's complete the screening process, potentially work a 3 month notice period at current employer, and then get through licence conversion and line training, I'd say that the time frame is just about right.

Taylor01
30th Aug 2014, 23:11
It appears there is no pay for the first 28 days. That is what Ethiopian use to do. At least Ethiopian will pay you that money back now over time.:ugh:

twentyyearstoolate
31st Aug 2014, 05:37
No pay!? Wow... So much for the poster saying Rishworth were instrumental in obtaining good conditions and pay.

If no one applies, or rejects the offer with no pay, they will soon change that. Depends how many desperates there are :ugh: