PDA

View Full Version : easyjet sector pay.

Astronut
27th May 2002, 16:33
Can someone please explain the reasoning behind Captains being paid higher sector pay than first officers. I am sure it's not responibility as thats reflected in the wages. I do not work for easyet just a bit baffled when most companies pay the crew the same whether flight pay/expenses/sector pay.:confused:

Few Cloudy
28th May 2002, 05:56
Yep,

Sector pay is not to be confused with expenses. It is part of the salary and as such is higher, because the captain's salary is higher. Expenses, on the other hand, are the same for all.

ILUV2FLY
28th May 2002, 13:29
situation mch better @Ryanair. Flightpay is better than Easy or Go,and F.O's get same as Capts. One up to ryan on flt pay!

Astronut
28th May 2002, 15:11
Thanks guys. By the way what do Ryan and Go pay as sector pay?

Oleo
28th May 2002, 16:37
Go is 20 and 12

ILUV2FLY
28th May 2002, 16:41
Astronut, heres the ryan scheme as it applies @ Stn (different details @ diff bases but monthly money works out abt the same).
Duty of up to 5 hrs; £45
7 hrs; £130
over 7 hrs; £185
The good news is that these amounts are paid net of tax (company pays the tax) and is received in a personal chq & end of each month. My sector chq for april (normal month as f.o.)was £2100,which was on top of salary. We work hard but sctor chq at month end sure helps my spirits.

kriskross
28th May 2002, 17:40
ILUV2FLY

Yes, I agree that Ryanair pay much better Sector Pay/Allowances, but from my involvement a few years ago, isn't the basic pay well down on the others?

This is not, by the way, a get at FR!!!!

ILUV2FLY
29th May 2002, 13:02
Kriskros, I'm not sure about the comparables but fm chats with others in Stn I think our basic is about same or better than Go or Easy or KLMuk but the sector pay is much better. Key attraction is its payment by chq at month end. For what its worth Capts basic is I believe just over£50k with sector pay adding abt £2k per month net of tax.
FOs basic is just over (depends on increments) £26k with £2k per mth net of tax. Wud welcome figures from other operators.

kriskross
29th May 2002, 15:43
ILUV2FLY,

If those figures are correct then you are still quite a way down on us. It's the sector pay that makes up the difference, and more. You get the rewards for working harder.

Still not a get at.......