PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Bournemouth-Dalaman-Bournemouth

AeroSpark
24th Aug 2014, 19:16
Just returned from holiday in Turkey with my wife. Due to various circumstances I haven't flown for a good 25 years and it was her first time. Because of that she was quite nervous before we left last week, despite me trying to describe what would happen. She was quite surprised at how fast the aircraft accelerated, so was I really, the last 737 I went on was a 300 and I don't remember it being that quick. Once we got up she started to relax into the flight, and released the death grip from my arm! We routed down across France and had some good views of the Alps. Sadly it was dark by the time we landed but the landing at Dalaman was a 'greaser' and by the time we taxied off the runway she was buzzing. We came back this friday. It was a bumpier ride the whole way home, but we had some spectacular thunderstorms as we flew over the Balkans. We headed a bit further north over Germany and Belgium before turning left and flying along the south coast, and could quite easily see our home town, (At this point I realised I may have forgotten to tell her how bumpy descending through cloud can be:E ) before another excellent smooth touchdown back at Bournemouth.
So if anyone reading this crewed Tom624 or 625 last week, thanks for two great flights. The Mrs can't wait to go again now!:ok: