PDA

View Full Version : Conversion of Non-EASA licences issued by States other than the UK

aless85
24th Aug 2014, 15:12
Hello Everyone

After reading CAP 804

Specifically Section 4 Part Q, Subpart 2 Page 5.

C. ACCEPTANCE OF CLASS AND TYPE RATINGS
(1) A valid class or type rating contained in a licence issued by a third country may
be inserted in a Part-FCL licence provided that the applicant:
(a) complies with the experience requirements and the prerequisites for the issue
of the applicable type or class rating in accordance with Part-FCL;
(b) passes the relevant skill test for the issue of the applicable type or class rating
in accordance with Part-FCL;
(c) is in current flying practice;
(d) has no less than:
(i) for aeroplane class ratings, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that
class;
(ii) for aeroplane type ratings, 500 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that
type;
(iii) for single-engine helicopters with a maximum certificated take-off mass of
up to 3 175 kg, 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that type;
(iv) for all other helicopters, 350 hours of flight experience as a pilot in that
type.

I have an EASA CPL ME IR
and
ICAO CPL ME IR 737 type Rating

My understanding after reading this is that after having 500 hours of experience on the 737 i could endorse that rating in my EASA license by doing an LPC.

Is that correct?
Can or should I wait to have the experience for the ATPL(A) and do one checkride for both purposes if that can be done??
Am I required to do the 6 or in this case 4 touch an go after the LPC??

Thank you all for the replies!!

Aless.

Curtis E Carr
24th Aug 2014, 16:14
My understanding after reading this is that after having 500 hours of experience on the 737 i could endorse that rating in my EASA license by doing an LPC.

Is that correct?

Almost. You will have to undergo a skill test (ST) as this would be for the initial issue of the type rating.

aless85
25th Aug 2014, 01:44
Thanks for that Clarification on the Skill test!!

Any comments on the landings, are they mandatory??
and about the ATPL (A) Skill test, can I do both at the same time or have to be done separate?

Regards.