PDA

View Full Version : Express Freighter Australia head guillotined

neon123
21st Aug 2014, 12:30
Some may consider the redundancy of the head of Express Freighter Australia today as a loss, but many will consider it as a form of natural justice, long overdue.

60 & below
21st Aug 2014, 12:47
QF today lost a valuable asset and more importantly a great manager & person. He will be missed.

MelbPilot85
21st Aug 2014, 13:37
DR gone? I really couldn't care less, but I am sure some will be pleased...

CSTGuy
21st Aug 2014, 15:18
JB still going strong ?

blow.n.gasket
22nd Aug 2014, 04:16
I wonder where the "human gerbil" will pop up next.

OhForSure
24th Aug 2014, 12:11
Classy guys.

A long serving Qantas staff member with a young family just lost his job. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but I'd like to think that collectively we are better than this. Regardless of your opinions, perhaps we might show a little more respect. :(

FFRATS
24th Aug 2014, 13:42
During his years as manager of QF HR pilot Recruitment, many people will attest, some who also had family's etc.. to some dismal treatment of pilots going back and forth for each stage of recruitment, all with little or no notice to then be put in the dark about how their application was going for months.

Usually paid full fare tickets to do so and pissed the boss of at the same time, dropped everything in their lives.

If successful, you would get 1-2weeks notice for your current employer that your going to QF and if the offer was not taken at short notice it was to be pulled.

He personally had control of this QF process and many people jumped every 'hoop' when asked, some people are now happy he may have to do the same. ...

Personally I felt he never like pilots, I can take that, but as HR manager he was also not a people person and that was obvious as he went to Freight. ;)

FFRATS

Big M
24th Aug 2014, 14:31
As ye sow, so shall ye reap.

Simpathy = nil

spelling_nazi
24th Aug 2014, 19:30
Why did this happen?
Won't he just get gilded back into mainline if it was redundancy?

Oakape
24th Aug 2014, 20:04
A long serving Qantas staff member with a young family just lost his job.

Maybe now he will realise just how much grief he caused over the years & exactly what it is like to be on the receiving end. Sitting across the table from him, he seemed to take great delight in wielding his power over another human being.

Trevor the lover
24th Aug 2014, 22:10
NO ONE should defend this rodent. No sympathy at all. Everything said about his lack of care for pilots is true. When I was diagnosed with a life threatening illness 15 years ago, I received no consideration or empathy from him at all. He alone wielded the power and he could not wait to push me onto the street - job gone. So any care for him and his family? No way. He didn't give a toss about mine.

Whiskery
25th Aug 2014, 03:22
What goes around comes around....just took a little longer this time!!!:ok:

glider123
25th Aug 2014, 13:13
The most unprofessional experience in my working life. But don't forget the other bully still remains in place.

bye bye JB
18th Sep 2015, 01:25
It took just over a year, but the other half of the oppresive management team at EFA is to be removed. His replacement is a junior captain. The position was not advertised.

romeocharlie
22nd Sep 2015, 00:26
Post holder positions aren't legally required to be advertised.

60 & below
22nd Sep 2015, 01:19
Bye Bye JB
I'm not sure what your relationship to EFA is, but your quote "oppressive management team at EFA" from an insider’s point of view is so far off the mark it’s not funny. I have not met a more helpful and forward thinking CP in my long history in various airlines around the world. If an employee is having issues JB will give up his own time to help them to get where they need to be, and no one else is the wiser. It’s sad to see him leave EFA, but QF will benefit from his return.
Fly Safe.

maggot
22nd Sep 2015, 10:34
JB gone, axed or is the 787 calling his name?
Such a competent professional operator.