PDA

View Full Version : Euroceltic Fokker F-27

Fokkersearcher
27th May 2002, 12:41
Anyone knows if Euroceltic is selling theirs Fokker F-27's ???

Fokkersearcher

Buster the Bear
27th May 2002, 18:22
Right, this is not substantiated, but the rumour when Euroceltic was sold earlier this year indicated that they were to operate 4 ex Aer Lingus Fokker 50 aircraft.

Not sure how true though. The F27's operate twice daily between Waterford and Luton still.

VIKING9
27th May 2002, 18:46
....and earlier this year I was talking to them about operating a 146 - that never happened either......:rolleyes:

Sean Dillon
29th May 2002, 18:14
Viking 9,

You talked to ECY seriously about operating 146's !!!! Are you sure they weren't just humouring you..!!!!!

I don't think things look too good - maintenenance contract just been pulled by BEA due to them not been paid, owed about £70,000.

xxx just recently made a very interesting approach at LTN, 300 ft above the threshold and still landed !!!!! All tyres burst and a serious CAA investigation...wouldn't be suprised if the AOC gets pulled next...

146 - :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIKING9
30th May 2002, 08:06
Yeah strange, cos shortly after the talks begun about the 146, the Ops Director legged it to Spain....... So it was xxxx who blew his tyres at LTN :eek:

Things ain't looking too bright are they, but then if Aer Lingus fail, maybe Euroceltic will take them over :D :D :D :D :D :D

Avenger
30th May 2002, 09:37
Sean D,

Interesting rumours, according to our mates in DUB Euroceltic are well placed to get a few PSO routes over the next few months.
I also hear that F50s are due on the routes soon?

Can't comment on the tyre incident but it seems to tie in with what most people are saying, guess its just one of those things.
I know we were delayed for a time while the F27 was sorted out.

As for the maintenance being pulled word isn that BEA have been shafting them for the costs anyway.

Be a real shame for another Irish airline to come in for a bashing on this forum, the guys we,ve met all seem ok.

JB007
31st May 2002, 02:15
If the maint. support has ben removed doesn't this mean the AOC is suspended anyway ? I'd heard another operator was schedule to operate all flights from Saturday..?

It's all very sad if this is true, although my time with Euroceltic was short I really enjoyed bounding around F27's on the ramp and everyone at LTN just wanted to see it work...

Who were you talking to about the 146 Viking ?

VIKING9
31st May 2002, 07:16
Hi JB007, I'll e-mail you.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
31st May 2002, 10:43
I understand VLM will be doing the Luton flights tomorrow ... and for a little time to come until the new maintenance arrangements are approved by the CAA.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
5th Jun 2002, 12:04
Well Euroceltic operated all their flights themselves this weekend - with plenty of extras too.

Did the AOC suspension not happen?:confused:

OrsonCart
5th Jun 2002, 15:40
ECY Fokker on the routes today and an extra lunch time flight!

Picasso
6th Jun 2002, 21:00
Some information for you ...

"Anyone knows if Euroceltic is selling theirs Fokker F-27's ??? "

No. Not for a while yet

"Euroceltic was sold earlier this year indicated that they were to operate 4 ex Aer Lingus Fokker 50 aircraft."

F50s came in a box with "paint before assembly", they should make an appearance soon when the PSO routes are announced

"....and earlier this year I was talking to them about operating a 146 - that never happened either......"

I heard those comments from "Euroceltic Mark I", the new owners (from February) have a firm grip on reality...

"I don't think things look too good - maintenenance contract just been pulled by BEA due to them not been paid, owed about £70,000. "

Sounds better as OVERCHARGED BY WELL OVER £70,000

"xxx just recently made a very interesting approach at LTN, 300 ft above the threshold and still landed !!!!! All tyres burst and a serious CAA investigation..."

These things happen, recommendations will be made...

"wouldn't be suprised if the AOC gets pulled next... "

I dont think so ...

"As for the maintenance being pulled word isn that BEA have been shafting them for the costs anyway. "

Shafted since day one, but the new owners not as stupid as the old ones.... Heard CAA involved with this one. Aircraft will now be sent to Holland for maintenance, one F27 there at the moment.

"I understand VLM will be doing the Luton flights tomorrow ... and for a little time to come until the new maintenance arrangements are approved by the CAA."

VLM did not happed, ECY carred over 1,500 during the weekend with all the additional services, saw a 00.00 arrival into WAT and a 02.30.

Regds

Picasso (The Lad)

VIKING9
7th Jun 2002, 10:12
picasso - good points. I hope they DO survive, it's about time we had a success story, even if it is a small one.

OLNEY 1 BRAVO
7th Jun 2002, 12:00
Thanks Picasso - good to hear some facts.

Golf 1
7th Jun 2002, 18:19
Are Euroceltic planning any new routes in the near furure?

Fokkersearcher
7th Jun 2002, 18:35
I was asking about Euroceltic F-207 because I've heard in Nashville convention that a lessor from Singapur was offering them....

Is this true ???

From High to Low... LOOK BELOW

Sean Dillon
9th Jun 2002, 14:42
WHAT ??!!!

"xxx just recently made a very interesting approach at LTN, 300 ft above the threshold and still landed !!!!! All tyres burst and a serious CAA investigation..."

These things happen, recommendations will be made...

These things DO NOT happen in a safe and professional operation - funny how you didn't mention the company cover up. Thank god for LTN ATC who reported it.

"the new owners (from February) have a firm grip on reality..."

Would this be the same owners who fired their Cabin Crew Manager and have since lost their Ops Manager and Maint. Manager who were all very experianced industry individuals and have left a chap who came to ECY as ex MD of Brymon and it turns out was actually in charge of check-in at Newquay as the companies accountable manager - sounds like they have a real grip of the situation !!!!

Not sure which planet your on Picasso, but it isn't earth !!!!!

If ya wanna make accusations etc etc ..Please supply me with ure real name and then off ya go and make em.......Hogg :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Cat-Club
9th Jun 2002, 15:35
Toilet springs to mind !!! Going down Sir ??

Picasso
9th Jun 2002, 21:37
Hi Sean,

Some interesting points there.... I dont actually work for Euroceltic or have and direct dealings with them so cannot comment on them. I just passed on info I got from a good source.

I shall enquire and let you know...

Picy Picy

The Potter
11th Jun 2002, 09:07
Sean Dillon,

Were you sacked by ECY recently for opening your big mouth & trying to grass xx up to the CAA having been instrumental in the tyre bursting incident yourself? Just a question.

And lets ee who you are before you ask others to divulge their identity. If it is you then London my a**e, more like Dublin!

Hogg
12th Jun 2002, 11:31
Guys, Ive reopened this thread after a couple of emails recieved. but u must stick to the thread, no accusations unless u want to supply me with ure details first please.

Hogg

Cat-Club
12th Jun 2002, 15:37
So, will Euroceltic survive and how are they REALLY doing. No need for slagging, hard facts is desired....

Topcover
15th Jun 2002, 13:01
I would imagine alot depends on whether or not Euroceltic is allocated Irish domestic PSO routes .These routes are subsidised by the Irish Government & EU .

Currently Aer Arann are operating most of these but rumour has it that Euroceltic may get a few.An announcement is due next week.

If they don't they have 2 F27s,res,pilots,admin etc for just one route ........I can't see that lasting too long .

I wish Euroceltic the very best ,generally the people at "the coalface" are a good lot.

MarkD
15th Jun 2002, 13:55
No doubt RE gets a bit of biz with Aer Lingus interlining which makes PSO viable - will EuroCeltic be able to strike similar deals in the event of getting some PSO?

Have travelled in EI F50s and it was so so, what are ATR42s like in comparison?

VIKING9
15th Jun 2002, 17:16
Will Euroceltic indeed strike any deal with EI ? Staff turnover recently has been running high, why ??? Strike's me that they maybe need to get their house in order first, then go after some sort of tie up. If they do it after, there won't be any staff left to run it...... The 2 girls in Ops are doing a grand job by all accounts though. Fair play to ya ...... ;)

cabinslave
19th Jun 2002, 15:43
Thanks for your support Viking.
"The Skirt Control" appreciate it:) :)

VIKING9
19th Jun 2002, 17:02
cabinslave - and I don't even work for Eurosmeltit. Mind you, I know the 2 girls in question and both are in my opinion very good lasses indeed........;)

Topcover
19th Jun 2002, 18:02
Aer Arann have informed travel agents in a press release that from 22nd July Euroceltic will be operating the PSO routes from Dublin to Silgo and Donegal.

Well done Euroceltic :)

Fokkersearcher
20th Jun 2002, 13:04
Hi again:

Can anyone give me the ADDRESS & PHONE numbers of Euroceltic Headquarters?
Anyone knows who's the owner of EUROCELTIC ?

You response is promptly appreciated .

VIKING9
20th Jun 2002, 20:39
Euroceltic Airways
Halcyon House
Luton Airport
Beds
UK
LU2 9PA

Not sure of the telephone numbers......:o

MarkD
20th Jun 2002, 20:52
Their website is offline at present, just a logo at the front... not encouraging.

LTN man
21st Jun 2002, 05:30
Their website has been down for over 2 months!

dundoniandean
22nd Jun 2002, 09:50
Have heard that Euroceltic have been awarded two Irish domestic PSO (Public Service Obligation) routes which they will take over from Aer Arann Express - DUB/CFN (Donegal) and DUB/SXL (Sligo). I believe they may start at the end of July......... like already mentioned, web-site been down for a while. Are they being reborn or will things turn sour? I think they have been very lucky to have lasted this long personally.

Topcover
22nd Jun 2002, 16:00
Website is due, I am told to be restored to service soon (how soon I don't know).

PSO routes Dublin-Silgo and Donegal are due to commence on Monday 22nd July with F27s.

I understand that the F50 will be introduced into service on Waterford -Luton around the same time.

Newspaper reports suggest that this PSO allocation to Euroceltic is worth E15 million over 3 years and that Euroceltic will set up a maintenance base at Waterford to service the F27 and F50s.

LTN man
24th Jun 2002, 05:19
Report By Neans McSweeney, Irish Exaniner

THE WATERFORD-based airline that won a €15m contract to provide daily flights between Dublin and Sligo and Donegal wants to provide a Dublin-Waterford link.
Euroceltic Airways has won the three-year public service obligation contract and is to make an application for a similar Waterford toDublin service with the EU in Brussels.

The airline is to invest in four extra Fokker 50 aircraft to service the new routes and is to begin recruiting flight and cabin crews immediately. An extra 25 jobs are to be created in Waterford.

The airline, which was taken over just five months ago by Noel Hanley, who is also chief executive of GOTECH, the international shipping company also based in Waterford, has built up a sound business base on its scheduled services between Waterford and London-Luton.

To date, the service has handled 35,000 passengers and demand is growing.

The Dublin-Sligo service will run twice daily year-round while the Dublin-Donegal service will also fly twice daily in summer, with one service per day in the off-season.

“The granting of the new routes to Euroceltic is a major step forward in developing the potential of the airline,” said Mr Hanley. “It also means that the South East Regional Airport at Waterford is now a major hub, with the potential for very exciting developments.

Nicholas Fewer, chairman of the South East Regional Airport Company, said the management of the airline was to be congratulated on securing this contract.

“The service centre which Euroceltic plans to create in Waterford will be an important addition to the infrastructure of the region and will help create downstream employment and attract new enterprise to the area,” said Mr Fewer.

“The case for the development of new routes and the expansion of the airport has been greatly assisted at cabinet level by Martin Cullen TD and by Seamus Brennan, as minister for transport and by the officials of his department.

“Recent weeks have seen some very positive announcements for Waterford and the airport in particular with the allocation by the outgoing government of almost €1.9m for improvement works and €0.4m for marketing, safety and security.

These positive developments will provide a good foundation for our future success,” added Mr Fewer.

Fokkersearcher
11th Jul 2002, 14:08
Hi there: I want to know if anyone works or has worked for Euroceltic

Regards

Helen Copeland
13th Jul 2002, 11:41
Redundant CCM here!!!!!:)

Fokkersearcher
26th Aug 2002, 13:32
My sincerely salute to all of you people who help and gave your comments.

Regards,