PDA

View Full Version : NPPL Training - HELP!!

captaind2005
21st Aug 2014, 12:25
Afternoon Everyone.
I need a bit of advice.

I am looking at resuming my flying lessons to finish my PPL for purely 'fun' purposes.

Back in 2005/2006 I started a PPL (a) course with Cabair. with a mixture of bad weather and money, marriage, kids, etc I had to put the training off for a while. I am now in a position to start flying again but I am considering my options.

I am looking at doing a NPPL and started looking into the SLMG rating as I have done gliding in the past. The problem is that there are not many gliding clubs that offer the training to non gliding licence holders. I then started looking into the Microlight (fixed wing) route. This seemed like a good alternative but there are not many schools that offer aircraft hire without buying into a share scheme which I don't really want to do. I just want to get a licence and fly for fun.

I have over 50 hours experience with 12 of those being solo hours. I did do my solo cross country and have been told that 10 of my previous hours can go towards my training.

Any advice is welcome.

Many Thanks

justmaybe
21st Aug 2014, 14:29
Might be easier and as cost effective going for PPL/LAPL.
If you want to pursue NPPL, email Jon Cooke at LAA - excellent bloke with loads of knowledge and experience on licensing generally.