PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian 787 Gatwick Base

jimmyneutral
21st Aug 2014, 08:44
Does anyone have any useful information on the Rishworth Aviation contract for the 787 Norwegian jobs based in Gatwick?

There is VERY limited information available to make a decision to apply or not.

How about....

- time to command upgrade?
- Typical rostering pattern?
- Rest strategy on layovers (minimum rest in hotels?)
- Bidding for flights
- Job role of Relief Captain?

Any info appreciated!

skybullitt
21st Aug 2014, 12:53
I believe the main question before going into operational details is how will Rishworth/Norwegian deal with the applicable law on EU social security:

[ARCHIVED CONTENT] HM Revenue & Customs: National Insurance: New EU rules for flight and cabin crew working in two or more Member States (http://webarchive.nationalarchives.gov.uk/+/http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/news/news220612.htm)

Iver
22nd Aug 2014, 23:09
Norwegian Air to set up London long-haul base (http://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/idUKKBN0GM0UQ20140822?irpc=932)

Calmcavok
23rd Aug 2014, 06:07
I think we'd established that, Iver. What would be more useful is answers to the OPs questions.

nick14
23rd Aug 2014, 21:02
I hear it's the same deal as the current guys on Rishworth however pay is 6000/month rather than 6500.

Time to command seems to be somewhat a mystery at present, although I don't think guys are flying a great deal so not building much time.

Shanwick Shanwick
24th Aug 2014, 00:00
- time to command upgrade?

The first batch of RCA's are about to commence their upgrade training in October and FO to RCA at the same time. Direct entry Captains are still being recruited which will slow further upgrades.

- Typical rostering pattern?

8 days off per month. You may get a trip over 23 days via all bases/destinations without a day at your home base. See Subpart Q!

- Rest strategy on layovers (minimum rest in hotels?)

See Subpart Q!

- Bidding for flights

You can bid but don't expect any satisfaction.

- Job role of Relief Captain?

It's a Senior FO who sits in the left seat when the Captain is in the bunk. Operates from the right seat at other times.

Boeingcook
25th Aug 2014, 11:09
Hi, Shanwick! where did you get this information, since the Base in Gatwick is quite new ?

Best regards

flexthrust
26th Aug 2014, 02:12
Hi,

Has the BKK base been shelved?

MyIDisthis
26th Aug 2014, 13:14
What are the requirements for FOs to become relief captains? How many hours etc, is there a long queue?

kungfu panda
10th Sep 2014, 06:10
Have all the Bangkok based guys had their bases moved to Gatwick???

samca
19th Sep 2014, 13:08
Anybody knows what´s the net salary for FO? Gross is 5000 Eur + 1000.

777X
19th Sep 2014, 15:11
I'd imagine if you're based and operating ex-LGW whilst only getting 8 days off a month you're going to get hit with UK tax and NI somewhere. That would make for FO around £3,200 pm net including diem, before any provision for pension or liability for employer tax.

It seems a very complicated way of operating an airline...

samca
19th Sep 2014, 18:12
Very few, It is long range... It Should be at least 5000 net.