PDA

View Full Version : Lion Air pilots who joined through EJ,CFA,MSD

too_much
20th Aug 2014, 10:27
How are the guys getting on who paid the hefty sum to join Lion Air through one of the above agency's?

Anyone moved on and finished there 4 year contract?

Anyone leave early and have the law suites chasing them?

Anyone get married to the locals?

Just really interested to hear from you guys & whether it worked out for you, I am not starting the topic to start arguments...

Hope to hear from you expats @ Lion soon

Post your story's below on your story so far, from arriving in Jakarta to now

Happy Landings

aircupidon
22nd Aug 2014, 04:29
Are you bored at home???
Why lion air pilot?????why not qatar or emirates pilot?????
Get a life !!!!!!

captjns
22nd Aug 2014, 04:35
Way too_much trolling going on here.:*

too_much
22nd Aug 2014, 07:35
You think everyone's a troll John.. Just tell your story if you have one, it's not hard.

The thread is about the pilots that joined Lion through the agencies not EK or QR

pfvspnf
22nd Aug 2014, 08:01
I know several pilots that failed their indian dgca exams multiple times and went to lion through msd , 70k US , they say life couldn't be better in Indonesia .

lingdee
22nd Aug 2014, 08:15
hi too much,

recently, a lot of lion air expats went over to oman air. There are not many expats left in lion air now. Most went to

flyscoot
qatar airways
etihad
british airways
cathay pacific
jet2
turkish airlines
korean air
flydubai
and others

even those p2f pilots at citilink, sky aviation, seri wijaya air and wings air have move on to silk air, tiger airways, wizz air, vietnam air ,malindo, malaysia airlines and air asia x.

Indonesia remain the most successful place for "career starters" and it has pays off handsomely.

They took the risk and grab every opportunity and now they are in major airlines flying widebody and earning handsome salary.

too_much
22nd Aug 2014, 08:42
Thats an impressive list!!

I'm against p2f but I'm also very understanding well rounded person on the whole so can understand why pilots would choose to pay...

From the above post E.G Indian pilots failing there basic exams it seems this program gave them a second chance which I think is quite nice...

Ok that answers my question really, thanks for your replies

CMDGreen
8th Sep 2014, 11:32
I agree with Lingdee.
I also know many guys who went to the airlines mentioned previously, after being 2,3,4 yrs with Lion.
Basically the tendency is that Lion is a good start for pilots with fresh licenses. You get a quite good experience flying there and you have a high chance to join a "better" company later on.

pilotchute
8th Sep 2014, 14:17
CMD,

Not one P2F person has been at Lion for 4 years and I doubt anyone has made 3 years. Lingdee just re posts stuff from other people. I wouldn't pay much attention to his post on this thread.

captjns
8th Sep 2014, 22:52
Essentially, Oman Air is a P2F operation, as a new joiner needs to pay for their assessment, and pay the contractor an amount equal to one month's salary. That said judge for yourself.

radiant
30th Jun 2016, 05:48
Any one has info about engineer who sold headset to many pilot at surabaya

Didacts and Narpets
1st Jul 2016, 12:25
I have heard that pilot issues are being addressed and they are hiring DEC's and FO's. Any word on the working conditions, pay etc???

too_much
1st Jul 2016, 22:09
I think Lion would be a great airline to work for, very modern fleet orders constantly coming in, even the EU blacklist ban has been removed.

It's an airline everyone thinks is awful but is actually comming good.

Pay is lower but so to is cost of living, you would have similar money left in your pocket to that of ME3 with regards to bottom line savings

737seeker
26th Jul 2016, 19:31
is Lion air hiring expat FO,s currently ?

jetjockey696
27th Jul 2016, 11:40
Yes AND No... depends.. if you registered for the Lion Command program with Rishworth and some other agent.. YES they will hire you as FO with opportunity to be a Lion Capt. if you looking for a direct hire of FO...the answer is no. there have enough local FO talent.. (Lion air cadet program and the local flight school - 20+ yrs bond)..

captjns
29th Jul 2016, 00:52
Too much writes...

I think Lion would be a great airline to work for, very modern fleet orders constantly coming in, even the EU blacklist ban has been removed.

It's an airline everyone thinks is awful but is actually comming good.

Pay is lower but so to is cost of living, you would have similar money left in your pocket to that of ME3 with regards to bottom line savings

Guess you've never worked for these miscreants, nor any of the ME3.:rolleyes: