PDA

View Full Version : CATHAY PACIFIC How to alienate your clients!

BRUpax
19th Aug 2014, 15:41
Booked Premium Economy some weeks ago with CPA/CX and selected seats 31H/31K both ways. Received an e-mail yesterday stating that for "operational reasons" our seats have been changed to 31D/31E. Aircraft type and configuration remains the same. Now, what "operational reasons" would warrant such a change other than manipulation to appease someone else? I booked 31H/K for good reason, which I don't want to go into here. If CPA/CX offer you the choice of seat selection when booking then they should honour it, unless of course it was for a VALID operational reason such as a/c equipment/configuration change. Most likely to be my first and last booking with CX as obviously they can't be trusted to honour what they offer. Not the "World's Best Airline" in my books at present.

RevMan2
19th Aug 2014, 15:46
Now, what "operational reasons" would warrant such a change

Ask them precisely that question...

mixture
19th Aug 2014, 17:00
The words...."first world problem" come to mind...:cool:

Just go back to their website and choose different seats.

spannersatcx
19th Aug 2014, 17:58
As I don't know where from and what flight you are on it would be difficult to be precise.

I can say that if the flt is a 777 and has been switched from a 777G (3 class) to a 777H (4 class) then that would be the reason as the 3 class has 31H/K but the 4 class does not, it has 31 AC DEFG but NO H/K as there is a toilet in that position.

BRUpax
19th Aug 2014, 18:14
RevMan2:

I have e-mailed them but not (yet) had the courtesy of a reply.

spannersatcx:

A subtle change (B777G to B777H) may indeed have escaped me, thank you. I'm sure that with still 2.5 months before prior to date of travel they could have allocated window & aisle seats in another row. Or is this computer logic at work again?

mixture:

I wanted to try that and their "manage my booking" feature didn't recognise my PNR!

Guess I better give them a ring then.

BRUpax
19th Aug 2014, 18:47
:ok: All sorted now (I hope). Many thanks and appreciation to you all for your help.

I have sent a mail to CPA suggesting that if there is a type and/or configuration change they:

a) advise their customer of that fact in their e-mail.

b) first try to re-assign according to preference originally selected (i.e. in this case window/aisle). There were in fact plenty of that combination still available.

spannersatcx
19th Aug 2014, 21:04
good, I hope you have a good trip. they kept the same row so nearly right!