PDA

View Full Version : Trainee pilots "fear for their lives"

Voel
19th Aug 2014, 11:37
A group of Namibian trainee pilots studying at a private South African aviation academy say they fear for their lives because Namibian authorities have failed to listen to their complaints about aircraft safety issues there. The nine trainees, who are studying with government bursaries through the Namibian Directorate of Civil Aviation (DCA), are accusing that institution for dumping them at a “substandard” aviation academy without a proper audit. This and many other complaints were contained in a letter the trainees sent to the DCA and the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Works and Transport, Peter Mwatile.
According to one of the trainees, a flying instructor at the institution recently died when one of the training aircraft crashed. The trainee, who says he does not want to go back to the Afrika Union Aviation Academy (AUAA) in Mafikeng, claims the DCA has repeatedly ignored their cry for help.

Trainee pilots 'fear for their lives' | Namibian Sun (http://www.namibiansun.com/accidents/trainee-pilots-fear-for-their-lives.70328)

Rotor Kop
19th Aug 2014, 11:56
I also would not want to go there - the name itself speaks of BEE involvement!

James331
19th Aug 2014, 23:18
Speaking as someone who had to pay for my own flight training, suck it up and be grateful.

No one offered me a free ride, honestly I'd take those small risks if I could have had a free ride!

Apparently beggars can be choosers

Rick777
19th Aug 2014, 23:23
Free training doesn't do you much good if you are dead.

Duffb
22nd Aug 2014, 10:00
Sounds like sour grapes to me. Got a govt freebee to get a pilot licence and not able to get to the required standard, now you blame the training institution. Get a life

Voel
24th Aug 2014, 10:22
The guy mentioned in the newspaper tried to do his PPL (sponsored) since 2007

dr27
24th Aug 2014, 16:55
Afrika Union Aviation Academy (AUAA) in Mafikeng = Bevrick?

Ferrit
6th Sep 2014, 05:13
Roger that, and that is how it is in Africa blame somebody when you fail. Disappointing nation.