PDA

View Full Version : BA City Flyer opens recruitment

RJ100
18th Aug 2014, 17:24
BA city have just opened FO recruitment for the Embraer.
Closing date is August 29th.

Careers with BA CityFlyer (http://www.bacityflyerjobs.com/)

ITFC1
18th Aug 2014, 17:56
We are sorry to say that you don't meet the necessary criteria to join us at this time. The reasons for this decision are as follows:

Is there any reason why you would not be suitable for employment if a security check was carried out on you You answered No.

That's me out then, yes i am suitable is why i answered no, there is no reason why i would not be suitable.

RexBanner
18th Aug 2014, 18:08
Maybe that was the verbal reasoning test. Only THEY got it wrong.

Iver
18th Aug 2014, 19:06
Is LCY the only pilot base? I thought EDI was a base for a few years.

Globemiester
18th Aug 2014, 19:14
Job spec says Edinburgh also...

RJ100
19th Aug 2014, 07:09
ITFC1
I'd email HR to say that you've had a problem with that application.
And take it from there. They are usually very helpful.

EDIT: HR are aware and have corrected the response.

emb195
19th Aug 2014, 17:00
great to see BACF are recruiting. Does anyone know if they are likely to take low hour pilots over the next few months?

chileconcarne27
20th Aug 2014, 16:38
The issue with the question wording has been reported and has been fixed I believe.

Despite some rumours, the EDI base is still very much up and running.

BACF have taken on low hours cadets in recent months, and MPL students but, for the next round of recruitment, are only looking for experienced applicants. I think they will take on more low hours people in the future as it saves them a fortune!

Al Murdoch
20th Aug 2014, 17:08
When I see "competitive" written in the salary section, I become immediately suspicious. Any ideas how much we're talking here?

chileconcarne27
20th Aug 2014, 20:13
BA Cityflyer pilot jobs, payscales and entry requirements. (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/BA_Cityflyer)

Recently updated and looks pretty accurate

Props Forward
21st Aug 2014, 07:10
Go in with your eyes very much open...

Moral at an all time low... mass exodus underway (at last)

Jump Complete
22nd Aug 2014, 13:33
I applied last Autumn and received an email last month telling me I had been unsuccessful but I could reapply when they next recruited. However, when I logged on, my old application is there, and when I tried to withdraw it to start again the system said it had already been withdrawn and no further action can be taken, but when I clicked the link to apply again the system said 'Application Submitted!' Any suggestions? Or is it because it is less than 12 months since the previous application? (I've just looked at the date on the cover letter and it is 1 year today I wrote it, 22nd August!)

White Knight
22nd Aug 2014, 20:25
Moral at an all time low

It may sound pedantic, but moral and morale are two very different things:hmm::hmm:

emb195
23rd Aug 2014, 09:01
Does anyone know what their sim assessment is like?

mikehammer
24th Aug 2014, 09:36
Jump Complete

Same here. And no!

Props Forward
26th Aug 2014, 13:15
In actual fact WK you're right.... but they both don't exist at CF.

The company have no morals with regard to several key issues facing the working conditions at the minute..

...and the staff have no morale..

You'd pass the assessment with your keen observational skills and pedantic nature..! :ok::ok:

WX Man
27th Aug 2014, 09:42
When you say that people are leaving, what's the attrition rate at the moment- any idea how many folk are required in the next 3-4 months?

A friend of mine is in the hold pool from last year's selection process.

Mflyer123
27th Aug 2014, 21:36
Does anyone have any more information about working for cityflyer? How does the roster work? Time to command? Route network? Stopovers and trips?

Many thanks

EMB-145LR
27th Aug 2014, 22:25
Have any invitations gone out for interviews/assessments yet?

turbine100
28th Aug 2014, 22:15
Did they correct the problem in the application process for those that applied and had to select no to the airport security question, to be able to get through the incorrect logic in the online application process

Jump Complete
28th Aug 2014, 22:20
They also ask: "What is your base preference Edinburgh Airport or London City Airport?" Answer choices are Yes / No.
Erm, am I missing something here? ...prefer Edinburgh or London? Yes. ????
:ugh:

buzzc152
29th Aug 2014, 09:46
Any idea on time to command ?

Jet Set Willie
29th Aug 2014, 12:08
Depends on background and experience, and also if there will be any future expansion. Next jet due any time but no orders after that confirmed at the moment.

buzzc152
29th Aug 2014, 14:41
Ok thanks. Let's say for a guy with 3500 hrs with 2000+ jet. Rough guess ? Less than 4 years ?

Jet Set Willie
29th Aug 2014, 19:26
You can't put a time on it I'm afraid as the range of people who have command is massive, while the same can be said of those who haven't been given a shot!!

gianninipilot
1st Sep 2014, 11:48
Anybody receive any feedback? Any scheduled interviews?

millerscourt
1st Sep 2014, 14:41
Props Forward

Don't encourage White Knight praising his observational skills as he is just dying to tell that he once worked for City Flyer and is now a Big A380 Captain, having started as a Bush Pilot.:}

PS Some say he still thinks he is a Bush Pilot:ooh:

Neon Circuits
3rd Sep 2014, 00:45
Props has some good points.. one or two issues in particular need addressing. People are therefore voting with their feet which will literally trip CFE up in the short term. Canceling flights due lack of crew will not go down well by big BA!

(I detect an element of sarcasm though with Prop's response to WK?)

jetstreamrider
3rd Sep 2014, 13:40
Anyone have any idea whether they will relax the weight limitation on experience?

They'll accept a zero experience cadet to fly the E-jet, Airbus or a Boeing yet increasingly, experience on a glass cockpit medium size jet doesn't appeal.

EMB-145LR
4th Sep 2014, 18:13
Nearly a week since the closing date; has anyone heard anything? Any invitations going out yet?

Wodka
11th Sep 2014, 08:48
Coming upto two weeks since closing date, has anyone been called/emailed/PFO'd?

rotafix
11th Sep 2014, 11:25
Wodka I applied on their last recruitment, I never heard anything back from them. 8000 Hrs on jets. So i wouldn't hold your breath

jordi324
12th Sep 2014, 10:34
I have been checking everyday this post to know if there are any updates... Very strange as they never emailed anyone with further information about our applications. Is anyone from inside BA City Flyer has any information? Will appreciate if you share some information with us regarding this last FO recruitment. Thanks! Good day to everyone.

Globemiester
12th Sep 2014, 16:01
I have reliable information that they are currently sifting applications and that replies to all will go out shortly, most probably next week.

EMB-145LR
13th Sep 2014, 14:36
I was rather under the impression that BACF had more of a relationship with Jerez than OAA. Regardless, I hope us experienced bods will also get a look in. I would dearly love to join CityFlyer.

marlowe
17th Sep 2014, 11:51
EMB145-SLR "dearly love to join Cityflyer" hmm a phrase you dont usually hear attached to the name Cityflyer!! but i guess love is subjective. I presume from your name you are on Embraers? and i guess you look at the 170/190 at Cityflyer and think biggger aircraft and what seems like a better BA run company? Well please dont be fooled by that picture! If the company are recruiting they will want low hour cadets because they are cheap to hire, willing to be hired, and will be grateful for getting a foot on the ladder. the company has plenty of candidates for command positions already in the company, so could be awhile to get into the left seat. As for experienced guys slim to no chance of being hired, you see you have experience and thats the problem you face. You have been around awhile seen other airlines practices, have a reasonable idea of what you are doing and what you will do,Cityflyer management dont want this, because in a nutshell you will probably know more than they do about flying and aviation in general, and that means you will question their methods and practices and the Didsbury ring cannot have this happening. " The leadership Team" yes they really call themselves that, have all the answers, the company is run for their benefit and theirs alone, nobody else can have an opinion or a better way of doing things and if you voice an opinion or come up with a better way of doing things then yea they will smile and pat you on the back, but thats your card marked as a possible troublemaker and you will be "managed out of the company" a phrase used by managers several times over the last few years and put into practice several times. So be careful what you wish for on the surface it looks like a nice shiny BA company with all the benefits that may have, underneath the skin however, it is a regional airline being run by management who have no experience beyond running regional airlines, and cannot see beyond regional airline practices and methods.

EMB-145LR
17th Sep 2014, 12:14
Thanks for the insight marlowe. I'm sorry to hear that things aren't too rosy over at BACF. I can sympathise, I'm actually flying E170/190s now in the USA (I came off the 145 a while back). While I don't doubt what you say, it honestly can't be as bad as working for a regional over here. I make roughly a third of the money that an FO at CityFlyer makes. In fact, even when I upgrade to captain next year, I'll be making slightly less than a CityFlyer FO.

I've been away from the UK for five years now. I miss my family and my friends. I miss the food ironically! My wife is desperate to move to the UK too. I know that no airline is perfect, but one that pays on time and is based in your home country is one hell of a start. Unfortunately I can't get a call from any of them because 3,000TT is too much experience now. I know the grass isn't always greener, but after three airlines and a lot of heartache, I'll be happy just to have a muddy patch in the UK, forget the grass!

Anyway, BACF haven't called yet, and I'm becoming increasingly convinced that they won't at all.

marlowe
17th Sep 2014, 12:26
EMB i fully understand about wanting to get home, Cityflyer are a strange outfit on the outside people see BA and think that is what they are flying, but behind the colour scheme its a whole different story. I guess it all boils down to what matters to you and how much **** your willing to shovel to get where you want to be! I am sure that other people will be along shortly to tell you that Cityflyer isnt that bad. but i bet none of them work for them. any current or past employees will recognise the company as written

EMB-145LR
17th Sep 2014, 14:09
What aspects in particular are so bad if you don't mind me asking? Lots of scheduling issues and reassignments? I honestly think anything is a vast improvement on life at regional here in the USA.

turbine100
18th Sep 2014, 16:34
When I applied I had to select No to one of the screening questions that asked about security passes, to be able to progress the application.

EMB-145LR
18th Sep 2014, 22:28
Does anyone know if any calls have gone out yet?

EMB-145LR
19th Sep 2014, 13:26
Received my PFO this morning.

2800TT
Currently flying the E170/190
Gutted

marlowe
19th Sep 2014, 13:34
Emb sorry to hear you got a pfo but not surprised, like I said you have to much experience for them.

towser
22nd Sep 2014, 11:14
Of the 10 FO's on the next 2 courses only 4 are cadets. We have taken experienced guys in the past so cant comment on why with 2800TT you haven't been considered.

WX Man
23rd Sep 2014, 13:10
When are the courses due to start? Just wondering if my friend who's in the hold pool has had The Call yet.

jordi324
23rd Sep 2014, 14:28
Is the recruitment over then? I did not receive any reply yet. Any idea?

Thanks.

towser
24th Sep 2014, 16:39
1 course in October and 1 in November and then as required . I have no idea how long the people on the courses have been in the pool for or even if they were.

Jet Set Willie
24th Sep 2014, 17:32
1st Course were all swimmers. Next courses are believed to be cadets and experienced guys and girls from current recruitment.

WX Man
25th Sep 2014, 08:18
Turns out my chum has had the call. He was keeping it very quiet!

Now to just hope I get a call for interview...

FLEX SRS
30th Sep 2014, 13:36
Anyone heard anything from CFE? Still waiting...

Wodka
30th Sep 2014, 14:33
Still waiting, but not expecting any calls now, seems like a done deal :ugh:

RJ100
1st Oct 2014, 13:33
Initial Interviews are being conducted Today (1st) and 2nd October. More next week??????

FLEX SRS
2nd Oct 2014, 20:39
Let's hope so! Cheers for the info RJ!

Wodka
27th Oct 2014, 13:56
Nearly another month gone. Anyone know what is going on?

Is this recruitment still running?

Jet Set Willie
27th Oct 2014, 21:22
Still ongoing with interviews in progress I hear. Lots of recruitment due to movement in the company as well. Think some are starting this or next week out of the hold pool.

Borg
26th Nov 2014, 11:14
Just received an invitation for assessment next week for those still waiting for a reply from CityFlyer

chileconcarne27
10th Dec 2014, 15:27
BA City Flyer recruitment back open and looking for FOs and DEC.

Careers with BA CityFlyer (http://www.bacityflyerjobs.com)

Good luck everyone, times are changing!

RHINO
10th Dec 2014, 17:03
Can someone give me a steer in the T and C's direction for DEC.

Basic, Allowances etc.

chileconcarne27
11th Dec 2014, 14:42
PPJN is pretty up to date. Salaries are correct anyway

BA Cityflyer pilot jobs news for airline pilots and aviation schools (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/BA_Cityflyer)

pakythepilot
11th Dec 2014, 17:36
Where do they take their cadets? Hope they also consider guys not trained at the usually factory schools.

chileconcarne27
11th Dec 2014, 23:08
Cadets and MPL students are taken from Jerez at the moment and, unfortunately, there is a bias towards only selecting integrated students :ugh:

MonarchOrBust
15th Dec 2014, 08:40
How realistic is it for an A320 rated FO to expect an invite for assessments? (>1,500 hours with >1,000 on multi-crew medium jet). Have pilots from this category been hired in the past or are they seen as likely to jump ship because they have another very valuable type rating?

AtomKraft
15th Dec 2014, 09:03
If you are successful, and have to make a decision between working for BACF or spending the afternoon sticking red hot pins up your own bottom, all I'd say is take your time, and pick the least worse option.

MonarchOrBust
15th Dec 2014, 09:39
Very thought provoking :)

I guess a lot of you current BACF pilots seem stuck? The fact that there is no easy path into mainline though well established must still piss you guys off immensely. I have a friend in BACF who occasionally bickers about lack of career progression, the salary and a certain egos within management. He's been there for around 6 years but family commitments prevent him from leaving for China where he could earn treble the amount.

However, the other side of the coin if I may? I've flown bigger things all over the world, away from family and friends, and have come to hate the reality of being an expat pilot. So have very opposite needs! BACF doesn't sound like the best airline for ones career but I'm not sure if career progression is the holy grail it's made out to be. I'm originally from The City and miss it greatly.

RJ100
15th Dec 2014, 16:26
MonarchOrBust,

We've had people with 767 and other rating join our ranks...... none have lasted more than a few years. They have "seen how real airlines are run" (their words not mine) and can't believed what a poor job those in M20 do! It's run like a flying club out of a hut in the corner of a dark airfield...... Best buds with those who have the power, you'll go far........ :=
As for myself.....Like a large number of our flight deck...My finger is on the eject button as we speak. Why would almost 3/4 of the pilot work force have applications in with other companies if it was such a great place to be. Those who haven't applied to BA have applied elsewhere. The Summer Leave for next year has been the final straw for many I know.

Reversethrustset
15th Dec 2014, 16:39
Does anyone have an idea how long it is to realise a command? I would join rated with about 5,000hrs. Yes I Know it's subject to passing the relevant command process etc but assume all hurdles are jumped over.

Thanks.

EMB-145LR
15th Dec 2014, 16:47
CityFlyer is a job I've desperately been trying to get for about four years now. I've even interviewed for it a couple of times, but I think I stumbled at the interview phase where I wittered on without any proper form or structure to my answers. Nerves and jet lag both got the best of me. I probably blew it by emailing them on too many occasions begging for another chance. Desperation is a sure fire way to be rejected. My last interview was nearly two years ago. I've developed as a pilot and as a person a lot in that time. I'm more composed and focused. I've thrown in another application in the hope that I might get one more chance. I'm currently flying the EJet in the US and I'm desperate to return home.

I understand that a lot of current BACF pilots are frustrated, but can it really be so bad when compared to flying for the regionals here in the US? I've averaged maybe $30k a year over the last five years and I'm away from my wife countless nights on end, but I still love what I do. Surely CityFlyer would be a vast improvement on that? Decent money, the chance to live back in my home country, to be near my family and to be able to support my ill mother. I'd kill for that.

Just for perspective, a first year CityFlyer FO makes more than an E175 Captain where I'm currently flying!

JaxofMarlow
15th Dec 2014, 17:00
Good luck EMB-145LR. Years away are no fun if the financial reward doesn't match the sacrifices.

EMB-145LR
15th Dec 2014, 17:09
Thanks JaxofMarlowe. Both my wife and I are hoping that another opportunity to interview might come this time round. Fingers crossed, and best of luck to you.

JliderPilot
22nd Dec 2014, 15:08
Any ideas on how many pilots they are looking for? I suppose many will be applying for the NTR'd with BA mainline

tdk90
22nd Dec 2014, 19:27
Can anyone post the kinds of trips you could expect, any 3 or 4 day trips or is it mostly overnights and one day trips? Thanks

Superpilot
23rd Dec 2014, 10:28
That's the best laugh I've had all morning ;)

justanotherstat
23rd Dec 2014, 12:54
Reversethrustset

Although though Command is seniority based, current time to command is pretty quick for new joiners with hours in hand, currently around a year. With 5k hours officially you would only require experience of one winter at BACF.

Jliderpilot

They expect to lose 30ish to BA. They also need to crew an aircraft and others are leaving for Emirates, Norwegian etc etc so let's say 50 plus a hold pool.

EMB145LR

Good Luck:ok:

marlowe
24th Dec 2014, 06:46
Tdk90 you will be asking if BACF has a fair rostering system next !!!!!

turbine100
10th Jan 2015, 15:43
Aren't BACF cancelling some flights as they don't have enough crews and some are leaving or about resign?

speed_alive_rotate
10th Jan 2015, 16:01
Out of curiosity guys do much BACF pilots make it to mainstream BA or is there no connection at all?

Neon Circuits
11th Jan 2015, 04:41
Seems that my prediction in September was correct about cancelling flights due to lack of crew... perhaps CF need to have a refresher on the '7P's'!! (proper planning & preparation prevents &@%# poor performance)..

If it's true that flights will be cancelled, then I predict an overhaul internally. What goes around comes around! Imminently ejecting with around 40 others simultaneously soon.... oooops...! (Just a quarter of the crew that's all)

So hello wet lease, goodbye bonuses for all those hard workers there on the front line.. and who's to blame...? No one at the coal face that's for sure.

Remember.. the 7P's!! Lesson one in management school! Plus treat people with decency and resolve the pressing issues primarily to keep your people (anyone at CF care to enlighten everyone about the issues there?).

Even some who climbed the greasy pole quickly are ejecting too... so much for loyalty...

Happy CityFlying if you have no other choice!

AtomKraft
12th Jan 2015, 15:05
Did someone mention 'Loyalty' and 'BA CityFlyer' in the same sentence?
I've heard it all now!

YOU can be loyal to them, if you like- don't expect anything in return.

marlowe
13th Jan 2015, 14:29
Neon Circuits as you are probably aware, there are no managers in Cityflyer just the "Leadership team" Lol!!!! A bunch of indivduals that couldnt lead themselves to a beer in a brewery! The only thing they manage right is keeeping the truth and the facts away from mainline BA, the one job they excel at .

RJ100
15th Jan 2015, 11:25
Spot on Marlowe!

Superpilot
24th Jan 2015, 21:06
there are no managers in Cityflyer just the "Leadership team" Lol!!!!

Looks like they heard you!

Careers with BA CityFlyer (http://www.bacityflyerjobs.com/templates/BACity/jobdetail.aspx?raparam=6950506E794F4367444349487946334A514D5 1495A5A494B6276596942544544)

REDARROW777
25th Jan 2015, 15:11
Hi,
Has anyone heard back from BACF regarding the selection. I haven't heard a peep since it closed on the 6th Jan. Also, anyone know or have an idea what the selection process is like?

Jet Set Willie
25th Jan 2015, 21:36
Meanwhile, back on thread for the people who are looking at joining, not leaving, recruitment is still ongoing. Have a look at the mainline thread for tips. Its that minus the compass style test.

Neon Circuits
27th Jan 2015, 07:04
'Clippy' has just woke up this morning, read his emails and :mad: himself....

I wonder if the impending 'Pilot People Manager' will be able to sort this mess out!

REDARROW777
27th Jan 2015, 13:22
Many thanks for that Really appreciate it!!

OttoMatic
2nd Mar 2015, 11:52
Sooooo any PFO's yet or are people still waiting to hear from CF? :hmm:

BizJetJockey
3rd Mar 2015, 08:05
Not a dickie bird and this will be the second time unless they make contact at some point. Don't they need pilots?!

marlowe
4th Mar 2015, 06:50
Neon circuits the pilot people manager will sort out anything that they are told to by the leadership team !! The idea candidate will play a good enough golf game, but not better than CP, be able to find a decent curry house in any location with cheap beer available on tap, be good at doing nothing but appearing to be indispensable, happy to put all their principles to one side as they are now part of the Didsbury ring and basically sell all their co workers the utter :mad: the company spouts . All this will be achieved while tongue is firmly wedged in the leaderships collective arse!

BizJetJockey
6th Mar 2015, 14:56
Does anyone have any useful information regarding their need for more pilots? Interested to know if my application will receive any kind if reply.

RJ100
7th Mar 2015, 08:13
not as many DE Capt applications as expected !!
A smaller amount of DE FO applications recieved compared to previous recruitment drives. The amount is not a huge number to be honest.

So far only a few DE Capt recruited and most Of the required DE FO recruited.
So far most of the DE Capts applications came form Expat pilots wanting to come back to the UK. It has been mentioned that they were not as interested in those as the IT is believed they'd not stay long and only be interested in a short term stay at BACF, using it as a stepping stone back to the UK.
Possibly more recruitment to follow depending on leavers.

fade to grey
10th Mar 2015, 05:11
You say a stepping stone - but where can they go with EMB command time ?
I can think of any outfit that's crying out for that.

guvey101
23rd Apr 2015, 08:13
Hi, are there any plans of another recruitment drive soon? PPJN suggests it's on going all year and with mainline recruitment open again would BACF be soon to follow?

Many Thanks

BaronVonBarnstormer
19th May 2015, 17:29
This question relates to the FTE MPL program however I will probably have more chance of an answer here:

Could anyone verify the pay scales on pjn (http://www.pilotjobsnetwork.com/jobs/BA_Cityflyer) as accurate? Its saying £31345p/a plus £1900 LCY weighting and £5k-£10k flight pay. From that i'm guessing take home pay around £2500/month? Trying to do some sums based on £800/month loan (for first two years) + living in that London.

Also how does the pay scale work? Do cadets stay on a separate pay scale after year 1 or does it then jump on to the DE FO pay scale in year 2?

TRY2FLY
26th Aug 2015, 23:23
Looks like cityflyer is farming out to CTC

http://www.ctcaviation.com/flexicrew_opportunities/ba-cityflyer-first-officer/

worldoffe
27th Aug 2015, 09:45
yeah, I am wondering if these 500hrs also are required on an EFIS jet >10 tons.:confused:

FLEX SRS
1st Sep 2015, 10:11
Struggling to answer those essay questions in 400 characters!

FLEX SRS
1st Sep 2015, 11:25
My thoughts exactly!

flyboy1818
2nd Sep 2015, 11:41
The 400 character limit is extremely low and it seems like they made a mistake. 400 words would be more appropriate. I managed to write a decent answer, but it could have been better with a higher word limit!

Does anyone know the actual starting pay for first officers?

This is quite important as accommodation around LCY in particular can be extremely expensive!!

Also would it be possible to get EDI as a base from the word go? I spent ten years living in London and the thought of moving back is quite grim! A smaller and nicer city such as Edinburgh would be much better for me!:ok:

Weathergirly
3rd Sep 2015, 08:51
I can honestly say that since I joined I haven't looked back. Great training department, nice Aircraft, and stable rosters. Good luck guys with your applications.

PPRuNeUser0192
3rd Sep 2015, 11:10
Hi Everyone,

I have filled in the online application, but at the 'current status' page it shows that I did not fill in some fields (first name, height, reference) which I did fill in. Does anyone has the same problem?

Dutchformula
3rd Sep 2015, 18:29
i got an e-mail today that said i had to complete my profile.

I had only filled out my jet experience and didnt fill out my training piston hours. (So there was a 140h gap between total time and my filled out jet time)

It didnt say anything on my status page though

worldoffe
7th Sep 2015, 16:00
How to prepare best for a CTC Assessment? Are there any apps?

Can anyone recommend https://pilotaptitudetest.com? Does ist come close?

Dutchformula
9th Sep 2015, 15:11
hi guys,

got invited to the assessment this monday (anyone else?) anybody got tips on the CTC assessment? and practical things like a good hotel close?
PM or reply here its all the same.

Cheers,

Wodka
9th Sep 2015, 18:12
Yeah bring your credit card... £245 CTC fee payable now I've been told by a friend. Very unimpressed with that, should continue to be a free assessment. More money for CTC!

flyboy1818
10th Sep 2015, 14:50
I've declined based upon the demand for £245. Lots of recruitment happening at the moment and this one is looking like a bad deal from the word go!

You should not be charged for a job interview, especially once you've already got experience of flying multi crew aircraft!!!

Lets all say no and show them where to go!

power.on.spin
10th Sep 2015, 15:00
I have also declined the offer based on the £245 charge for the assessment. I thought it was some kind of joke at first.

worldoffe
11th Sep 2015, 09:23
Indeed paying for an assessment is not acceptable!

power.on.spin
11th Sep 2015, 17:23
Looks like CF will continue to have a shortage of experienced FO's.

worldoffe
11th Sep 2015, 18:11
Absolutely! What happened to this industry... I don't know any other industry apart from aviation where applicants pay to be interviewed.

As long as ppl accept this, nothing will change.

Rgrds

ManUtd1999
11th Sep 2015, 18:26
I don't know any other industry apart from aviation where applicants pay to be interviewed.

Major national companies in other industries pay expenses for their candidates, never mind charging them! This practice is bad enough for cadets (and should be stopped) but is totally unacceptable for experienced pilots. It'd be great if enough people boycotted to force a change but they'll probably be inundated :(

flyboy1818
12th Sep 2015, 00:35
I think your be surprised. With so much recruitment going on at the moment, anyone with the required experience for City Flyer would be insane to pay the selection fee!

RAFAT
12th Sep 2015, 09:22
This charge will, of course, have been CTC's idea, not BACF, but BACF could intervene if they so wished to scrap the charge as they're likely to be paying CTC a fee anyway for the service.

Some candidates may consider it a small price to pay to get a job, after all another airline, that I refuse to even say the name of, got away with it for a long time.

ManUtd1999 is right in that other industries pay expenses for candidates' travelling and accommodation, my girlfriend is a member of one of them so I know it to be true.

BACF should be ashamed. :mad:

marlowe
12th Sep 2015, 13:03
Obviously Carl wants a new set of golf clubs so candidates can pay for them !

flyboy1818
12th Sep 2015, 14:10
Well I have an assessment for another operator (in Europe) in a few weeks time and guest what.....

They will be footing the hotel bill! I was very impressed by that!

RJ100
13th Sep 2015, 16:20
Pilots at BACF found out about this charge through this post. We as a workforce are disgusted by the charge. I urge you all not to waste your money!
The contract for recruitment was farmed out to the lowest bidder. :mad:

RJ

Superpilot
14th Sep 2015, 19:30
I see the C (your choice of 4 letters) still want to Take Cash

flyboy1818
15th Sep 2015, 10:49
CTC either stands for Captains Taking Cash or C@@ts Training C@@ts depending on who you speak to!:D

TRY2FLY
16th Sep 2015, 11:44
Is this on Balpa's radar?

FLEX SRS
16th Sep 2015, 13:30
2 out of 7 people got accepted by CTC to be considered by BACF for interview in the first assessment day...big chop rate.

flyboy1818
16th Sep 2015, 15:16
Indeed, it sounds like one to avoid!

power.on.spin
16th Sep 2015, 15:37
What a waste of £245. I'm pleased I saved my cash.

Deano777
16th Sep 2015, 16:07
£1715 for those 7 that got through to be "assessed". What about the ones that didn't make it? I wonder what the numbers are. This despicable practice just smacks in the face of everything that's undermining this industry. The only people with the power to stop it is US, so don't pay the scabs that are CTC anything then maybe the practice will stop, but alas for every one who's prepared not to pay it, there's probably a zombified never ending line of unwitting "pilots" willing to cough up. We are our own worst enemy.

Wodka
17th Sep 2015, 07:53
It's a bloody scam pure and simple. BACF ask for and pay for x number of interviews, CTCash "assess" loads extra and pocket the rest!

ITFC1
17th Sep 2015, 08:29
I kindly declined my offer.

flydog
18th Sep 2015, 03:37
Oh boy, they are charging now, well I guess they needed to do something different because we bunch of type rated people interviewed with them earlier this year and NOONE got a job!!! It was an hr guy and a really miserable creature representing the pilot part. Obviously unhappy with his lot and had no intention of hiring any of us. Maybe it's their way of trying to make themselves seem more valuable or worth a pay rise. Who knows but there are plenty of us out there typed and experienced, so maybe they just want cheap.
Afterward I was thinking even if I had been offered the job I would not have taken it, they had miserable, disinterested over worked atmosphere and did not even try to sell the company to us. Just the usual "we are it and we know you want it attitude" not so these days"........good experienced pilots have choices these days and it's only going to get better........following the shortage in the USA. I have no idea wot CTC is but.....
Guys....don't pay for it .....it really isnt worth it....just wait a few months

CaptainProp
19th Sep 2015, 12:07
Is this on Balpa's radar?

Hahahahahahahaha..... :D:D

RAFAT
20th Sep 2015, 03:59
Anyone going on 29th -> PM please

worldoffe - Did you pay the fee?

Larziepan
20th Sep 2015, 15:31
Does anyone know what questions to expect at the interview with BACF themselves? (not the interview with CTC on the assessment day)

bluepilot
24th Sep 2015, 18:07
£245 fee, crap pay and they want quality direct entry commanders....Good luck with that one!

RJ100
26th Sep 2015, 14:41
Last recruitment 700+ applicants.
This time.....
680 Opened aplications of which only
Around 300 completed.
87 called for assessment......
Nice earner for CTC.

RAFAT
26th Sep 2015, 18:52
Worldoffe has deleted his earlier "Anyone going on 29th -> PM please." post.

Dutchformula
26th Sep 2015, 19:51
87 called as in actually went over there?
or 87 called and, seeing all these posts here substantially less people went?

Im not gonna hide i went there and failed. They were talking about doing 8 assessments and CFE needing between 35-40 new FO's.
Since there was room for 8 guys per session, do the math considering the chop rate.

power.on.spin
26th Sep 2015, 20:48
How does it feel to be £245 short? Mugged in broad daylight. :D

RAFAT
26th Sep 2015, 23:49
We really are our own worst enemies in this profession aren't we! :ugh:

RWY_31R
27th Sep 2015, 16:58
are most night stops just one night? or are there more multiple nights away? And does the company have a random roster or bid system?

Weathergirly
28th Sep 2015, 08:38
Guys, DO NOT pay for an interview with British Airways or CTC. This is a scam and has been reported to the authorities. I say again Do NOT pay anybody for an interview. It is a very clever complex scam and there will be NO job.

If you are that desperate for a job apply to one of these below.

Thomas Cook
Flybe
Ryanair
Easy jet
Loganair
Titan
Eastern
Thompson
BMI
Monarch
Norwegian
Cello
Virgin

They are all recruiting now. Not to mention each and every Airline around the world. This is such a great time to be a Pilot because the choice is yours. We have never had it so good. Just stay away from the scammers.

dirk85
28th Sep 2015, 09:19
Even in Ryanair you pay for the interview.

Arewerunning
28th Sep 2015, 11:01
and I thought ezy was cheap...

Jay_solo
28th Sep 2015, 11:17
Hi, if anyone flies for CF now or recently, please PM me as I have a question regarding the LCY base

thanks

AtomKraft
29th Sep 2015, 07:03
£245 for an interview with CityFlyer????

That's like a prostitute paying the customer to pump her.

A330B777
1st Oct 2015, 09:45
Can anyone describe an example of a max touring roster and a min touring roster?

Happy Wanderer
1st Oct 2015, 10:22
And still they come....:ugh:

HW

Superpilot
1st Oct 2015, 14:32
They come because there are ****tier jobs out there. Believe it or not.

fade to grey
3rd Oct 2015, 17:33
Amazing !
The only captains they'll get to pay £245 are C152 captains,
Or maybe if they offer TP captains a leg up to a ' jet ' .

smE145
5th Oct 2015, 18:15
Has anyone been to an assessment day at CTC or are they going to any of them?

PM if anyone wants to answer without being scrutinised......

fade to grey
5th Oct 2015, 18:35
I guess if you've spunked £100k on your ' dream ',
£245 doesn't seem like much more, but the principle ?

And yet they keep coming like lemmings

Deano777
5th Oct 2015, 19:41
Yep, drop those trousers and join the queue, oh and don't forget the lube :=

power.on.spin
5th Oct 2015, 22:25
You would have thought that for £245 they would include a high quality lube.

Deano777
5th Oct 2015, 22:56
No, you have to purchase that as well for £55 anyway we digress.

I am slightly confused by all this, are they actually charging to interview experienced pilots as well? Does this charge encompass everyone or just cadets?

Tom 737
6th Oct 2015, 17:05
Hi all

If anyone has recently had the assessment any advice is much appreciated via a PM
I know it costs for the assessment but with the grip that CTC has on the market some times you just have to play the game... Pretty much every airline in the UK is sewn up and geared towards cadets!

Regards

Tom 737

Roti Canai
7th Oct 2015, 06:43
Looks like CTC not doing this or maybe its another 245 quid scam.,

BA Cityflyer First Officer Placement Programme
Job Description:
The successful candidate will fulfil the salaried role of Navigation, Weights and Performance Officer for 24 months. On completion of this role, the pilot will undertake the Kura BESTPILOTTM programme which includes MCC/JOC, UPRT and type rating readiness training, all paid for by the airline. This will take place over approximamonths while assisting with the transition of the Navigation, Weights and Performance Officer responsibilities to the next successful candidate.
At the end of this training and transition period, the post holder will progress on to a full time, permanent contract of employment as a salaried BA Cityflyer First Officer.
The successful candidate’s JOC and Embraer 170190 type rating will be paid for by the airline. The pilot will be bonded for 2 years.
Entry Requirements:

· EASA CPL/IR (A)
· ICAO Level 6 English
· Full clean driving licence
· Full unrestricted EU passport
· Be able to satisfying BACF referencing requirements
· Must be able to attend for selection in the periods stated
· Must be able to commence employment on the 1 December 2015

The successful candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience of the Microsoft suite of packages and specifically Excel. In addition candidates must be flexible as the airline may require the individual to be located away from London on occasion. Experience of working in an airline environment, dispatch or I.T. is desirable but not essential.
Remuneration
Starting salary for the role of Navigation, Weights and Performance Officer is £27841 plus company benefits.
The salary for the First Officer role will be the Trainee Entry Pilot (TEP) entry salary at that time. The salary for TEP entrants is currently c. £32000.
All new TEP First Officers are bonded in the first 12 months of employment. At the end of the 12 months they move on to full salary which is currently c. £42000.
Application Process
Applications for the BA Cityflyer First Officer Placement Programme are being accepted exclusively through Kura Aviation. Click 'Apply' to be taken to the landing page. Closing date is midnight 7 October 2015.

RJ100
13th Oct 2015, 09:03
Yep, drop those trousers and join the queue, oh and don't forget the lube :=

BACF Do not use lube! They don't like to make anything easy. This way you feel the pain and they know you'll be easier later on ;-)

marlowe
30th Oct 2015, 18:17
So how's cityflyer gonna manage now CP has been pushed out the emergency exit ?

ETOPS
5th Jan 2016, 12:23
Latest job advert...

Direct Entry Captains - London City Airport job with BA CityFlyer | 1401433415 (http://jobs.flightglobal.com/job/1401433415/direct-entry-captains-london-city-airport/)

Bluemicasa
7th Jan 2016, 07:28
Fee has gone

RAFAT
7th Jan 2016, 16:24
For Captains, yes, still £245 for F/Os!

SMD11
18th Jan 2016, 20:19
Can anyone send me a typical roster?
And is the payscale on Pilotjobs correct? So 41,796 for FO's ans 32,810 for cadet FO's. And what's the main difference between FO and cadet FO?
Cheers!

G-IZMO
19th Jan 2016, 12:50
Anyone with info on what an EDI roster looks like at BACF who could PM?

Jet Set Willie
19th Jan 2016, 21:53
Hell will freeze over before anyone gets into EDI base. A que of captains waiting to go. Maybe a little quicker for an FO ;)

Metro man
20th Jan 2016, 02:59
Is it possible to move from City Flyer into BA mainline ?

wiggy
20th Jan 2016, 06:18
These days AFAIK only by applying for /joining BA as part of the standard DEP process.

monkey.tennis
20th Jan 2016, 07:23
If your aim to join BA mainline, do not apply to BACF. The application process is exactly the same as for an external candidate and they will block you from even applying for at least 18 months. Basically we get all the negative aspects of being part of the BA group and none of the advantages.

justanotherstat
20th Jan 2016, 09:11
Actually it's an internal application and you're guaranteed to pass the application stage, from there you have to pass the various assessment stages like everyone else.

It's true new starters are held back 18 months, and newly promoted captains 12 months to stem the flow. But considering a two or three year type rating bond that seems fair enough. It's also known hold poolers are further blocked if crew levels at BACF are more critical than BA's need for pilots - a fine line at the moment.

Things will probably change as we are haemorrhaging Captains to Longhaul at the moment.

wiggy
20th Jan 2016, 09:29
Actually it's an internal application and you're guaranteed to pass the application stage,

Ah OK, didn't realise that, thanks.

Out of interest I assume (I know :ok:) that being ex-BACF doesn't enhance DOJ, but does it win you any places in terms of seniority number over other same day entrants?

Jet Set Willie
20th Jan 2016, 09:37
Only the staff travel transfers across. Everything else is day 1 :(

terry-mah
4th Feb 2016, 14:41
Ok I know it may be crap, pay may be bad and morale low but try living away from your family for 10 yrs and almost loose everything to come home. for some of us its not a bad gig just dont judge and they dont charge for us capts anyway!
So any help on the CTC selection process what is the technical test? are there those computer game tests? how is the interview?
PM if your shy :E

Sciolistes
14th Feb 2016, 23:45
I would like to know the nature of the technical test too. It sounds like the usual multiple choice ATPL style questions, but am unsure why an organisation of the pedigree of BA CityFlyer would utilise such a blunt instrument. Anybody?

AtomKraft
15th Feb 2016, 06:55
Don't apply.
It only encourages them.

Sciolistes
16th Feb 2016, 04:07
Excellent input there AtomDaft. Perhaps it is too much to ask the nature of the test on a forum intended for such a purpose!

kikospain
27th Apr 2016, 10:40
Hi guys,

I've been invited for an interview in southampton on the 20th of may. Any updated info on how many pilots do they need? how many people attends to the assessments? and how many assessments a month are they doing?

I guess they must be quite in the need for pilots, as they sent me the invitation to the assessment half and hour later after I applied....

take care guys!

Wodka
27th Apr 2016, 12:09
I guess they must be quite in the need for pilots, as they sent me the invitation to the assessment half and hour later after I applied....

No, that will be the CTC money making machine licking its lips at someone else to charge £250 :mad:

But good luck :ok:

kikospain
27th Apr 2016, 12:42
Actually, I'm going because they are not making me pay for anything. So i guess is worth trying it ;)

B767 A320/321
24th Nov 2016, 11:28
Hi does anybody can help me. I have BA Cityflyer assesment in DEC, and I would love to have any feedback about the technical test. Any information regarding that would be greattt. Thanks