PDA

View Full Version : *****'s about to get real

quadspeed
18th Aug 2014, 16:23
That about sums it up, I'd say.

betpump5
18th Aug 2014, 16:40
I was never good.at Hangman. A swear word with 5 letters with apostrophe 's'. - I assume swear word due to the asterixs.

I think you need to elaborate.

quadspeed
18th Aug 2014, 18:36
Forgive my futile attempt at modern American prose. I was trying to communicate with the younger crowd in a language they might understand. Those unfamiliar with my modern take on poetry need not be concerned, the lesson was well learnt 13 years ago.

You've correctly deduced that the asterixes substitute for a swear word, but your conclusion about it being a 5 letter word is wrong. I suppose the website software developer would have more knowledge about why that is.

In any case, the word being referred to is an English noun, often used to describe feces or excrement. It may also be used as a verb. It has four letters, not five. It rhymes with chit, the first letter being S.

Should I just draw up the hands and feet, or do you want to give it another go?

Simplythebeast
18th Aug 2014, 18:52
Okay....got that......but without some context what does it mean? You may as well have written "Seaboot sock".

ex-beagle
18th Aug 2014, 20:00
If it's a 4 letter swear word why are there 5 astericks?

quadspeed
18th Aug 2014, 20:14
If it's a 4 letter swear word why are there 5 astericks?

Like I said, you'd have to ask the guy who wrote the sensoring module of the software. But I suppose the mistake you're making is assuming that each asterix refers to a corresponding Hex character. It doesn't necessarily have to. It could be that any sensored word get's replaced by *****, regardless of length. Why don't you give it a try?

Okay....got that......but without some context what does it mean? You may as well have written "Seaboot sock".

My bad. ****'s about to get real is a popular american expression that explains how a joking or friendly situation suddenly takes a turn for the worse and is escalating towards a hostel situation.

Oval3Holer
18th Aug 2014, 20:43
Hostels provide budget-oriented, sociable accommodation where guests can rent a bed, usually a bunk bed, in a dormitory and share a bathroom, lounge and sometimes a kitchen.

Sensored brushless motors offer additional benefits. Sensorless motors sometimes have trouble following what the ESC tells it to do; that results in cogging or stuttering. Sensored motors don't have that problem. The sensors keep the ESC in constant communication with the motor. Result: smoother, more precise control.