PDA

View Full Version : Norwegian recruiting cadets!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

PAPI-74
7th Sep 2014, 15:52
Is that due to their unions?

go around flaps15
7th Sep 2014, 23:23
Affirm. Most of the European bases are in the process of getting organised with the unions as well.

It's a nice place to work and we are trying to keep it that way.

As I said I suspect it will be for bases such as HEL,AGP, ALC,MAD,BCN,LGW,LPA.

It won't be anywhere in Scandinavia.

There is a long seniority list of guys waiting for a route home.

As you can imagine new joiners will be propping up that said seniority list.

PAPI-74
8th Sep 2014, 00:48
All down to the deal with the TR. It's a no runner if they are expecting cash....

me179
8th Sep 2014, 10:54
I have received an Email from NAS, saying that they wont be further processing my application due to my low hrs: 300 hrs Total.

Applied and did the online test 2 weeks ago.

Good Luck everyone.

bahja77
8th Sep 2014, 11:04
To bad ME179.
I applied last thuesday and received the online assesment on friday: 220hrs + MCC.

Can someone tell me what the next phase will be and what is the deal with the TR?

Officer Kite
8th Sep 2014, 11:21
Can someone please confirm what this is all about ? My understanding was that it is similar to Ryanair's tr programme, where 200 hr guys are hired. The focus is on whether you have the fATPL I believe. How can a 300hr guy be refused if that was the case ?

annita
8th Sep 2014, 12:09
I am surprised they give a reason of rejection

ValePilot
8th Sep 2014, 12:20
Can someone please confirm what this is all about ? My understanding was that it is similar to Ryanair's tr programme, where 200 hr guys are hired. The focus is on whether you have the fATPL I believe. How can a 300hr guy be refused if that was the case ?

Who knows..I ve only 280 TT. Did the online test 19th August..no news!

bahja77
8th Sep 2014, 12:34
perhaps the result of the online assesment is the reason for rejection?

vasterlund
8th Sep 2014, 12:46
Low hours are not a problem. What I have seen from the other guys posting that they were rejected got an email which would not state the reaseon why.
They even posted a copy of the email.

me179
8th Sep 2014, 12:50
I have 300 hrs, mostly SEP and about 40 hrs MEP, MCC and JOC and a university degree. Most of the airlines don't give a feedback, however NAS did give a feedback. Accordingly, they could give a feedback based on another reason. I have no problem to believe them. I'll keep working on building up my flying hrs, even on the C172.

I'll quote: "The general standard of applications has been extremely high and we have shortlisted candidates after flying hours, and unfortunately you have less hours than the majority of the candidates. "

It may be that the candidates are sorted according to age and experience, and maybe for NAS 300 hrs for my age is way too low.

Anyhow, good luck for all.

ME179

vasterlund
8th Sep 2014, 12:55
yes the age compared to hrs might be the reason why :/
Keep working on the hours! I might as well fly the C172 the following 10 years before getting paid to fly..

bahja77
8th Sep 2014, 13:03
but why do the send an invitation for the online assesment while they do know your total hours? when you applied you had to fill in your age and your total hours(PIC/SE/ME). And still they invited you to do the online assesment.

ValePilot
8th Sep 2014, 13:07
Nice question...:ugh:

SpannerInTheWerks
8th Sep 2014, 13:10
but why do the send an invitation for the online assesment while they do know your total hours? when you applied you had to fill in your age and your total hours(PIC/SE/ME). And still they invited you to do the online assesment.

I presume because they wouldn't know what the experience levels of the applicants were going to be until everyone had applied?

Hence the comment:

The general standard of applications has been extremely high and we have shortlisted candidates after flying hours, and unfortunately you have less hours than the majority of the candidates.

:)

SpannerInTheWerks
8th Sep 2014, 13:19
I have 300 hrs, mostly SEP and about 40 hrs MEP, MCC and JOC and a university degree

That might be the problem - although other candidates might have similar hours, they probably attended an 'approved course' rather than hours building as your experience seems to suggest?

maybe for NAS 300 hrs for my age is way too low

That is low and your age/experience profile does not fit the 'age commensurate with experience' criteria (of other airlines, NAS doesn't quote this).

I know pilots who have gained employment with similar levels of experience to yours, but not straight on to jets and/or without attending an approved course.

vasterlund
8th Sep 2014, 13:24
I just hope this position isn't another loan to add for all the applicants..

lear999wa
8th Sep 2014, 14:04
From what I've seen, Norwegian tends to recruit the most experienced candidates.
For instance, I do not know of any cabin crew that has been hired without previous airline experience ( outside Scandinavia that is).
With such a response for the NTR position, I can only imagine that they are looking at all possible ways to shorten that list. And I would think that experience would be a good place to start.
I don't think age would play a part considering some of the best guys I fly with are past 50.

lele09131
8th Sep 2014, 15:05
Applied as soon as the opening came out last month. Got an email today saying that they wont be taking my application further, copy/paste email, no feedback given other than what has already been mentioned. Good luck guys!

ValePilot
8th Sep 2014, 15:15
And people with 300 hours or less? Really unprofessional to send invitation for online test, and then answer "The general standard of applications has been extremely high and we have shortlisted candidates after flying hours, and unfortunately you have less hours than the majority of the candidates". But, in the minimum requirements there is no limit regarding this. :mad:

aloa326
8th Sep 2014, 15:53
doesn't make any sense, invite for online assessment and then refuse you because low hours.
Also because all of us sent the application with CV before the test....no sense at all

SpannerInTheWerks
8th Sep 2014, 16:19
doesn't make any sense, invite for online assessment and then refuse you because low hours.

Possibly not - unless they have taken a number of low-hour pilots and their quota is full?

The traditional approach is, roughly:

Type-rated, current;
Type-rated, lapsed 12-24 months
Non-type rated, similar aircraft, current;
Non-type rated, similar aircraft, lapsed 12-24 months.

Then it's into the realms of those candidates who have limited flying experience and/or no experience as an airline pilot.

It's a question of risk management - not only cost but of capability in the cockpit.

Obviously not cast in stone, but unless they have a particular requirement to mix-and-match different experience levels that is the general trend.

Good news is that it seems there are an number of jobs available this year so just stick with it!

Don't ever be put off.

It took me 6 years and hundreds of applications to get my first job.

Many people told me I couldn't do it, but in the end I did fly the 'shiny jet'.

:ok:

ValePilot
8th Sep 2014, 17:56
Applied as soon as the opening came out last month. Got an email today saying that they wont be taking my application further, copy/paste email, no feedback given other than what has already been mentioned. Good luck guys!

Did you the online test?

GeorgeHarrison
8th Sep 2014, 18:35

:mad: sorry to hear! I have also applied on Aug 16th, did my online test on the 19th and still waiting for feedback, which I'm afraid is most likely to be negative.

Anyway, as the company says 'non-rated first officers', why is the word 'cadets' even mentioned in the thread? Where does it come from?

Cheers! :ok:

Modular CPL-IR-ME
MCC, no JOC
230 TT
25 yo

LeRotisseur
8th Sep 2014, 19:00
"Cadets" is not really mentionned but suggested in this sentence:
"Preferably educated from an FTO offering integrated course or other ‘’single education site’’ offering ’’JET Orientation’’ and/or ‘’Multi Crew Cooperation Course MCC’’ on relevant type"

I think this is the reason why we think they would hire cadets.
May be they will, may be not, there's no rule. Let's give it a try, it costs nothing but time !

me179
9th Sep 2014, 03:32
Are you refering to the integrated training companred to my modular training?All my courses were approved with certificates from registred and approved FTOs in Germany.

ValePilot
9th Sep 2014, 07:53
Everything is strange about this recruitment process:

1) People received negative email after applying even with experience.
2) People received negative email after online test, with or without reason ( but the hour's reason is the most mysterious to understand...)
3) People got positive email after couple of days after online test.
4) People waiting "side of the pool" for what? Booh !

Finding their criteria...:confused:

Merlot1985
9th Sep 2014, 08:01
In my opinion, this is gonna be as the Easyjet recruitment is going, with a TT 2000 and 1700 turboprop and 500 as CM-1, I received a positive back-up from them regarding my online test, 3 weeks after that I received the PFO message, thanks for try but not today... There are a lot of workmates with experience around the world, and they see this process as an opportunity to come back home... Sadly I do believe this is not going to be a Cadet program....

Best of luck guys..

ValePilot
9th Sep 2014, 08:26
But they should have set a minimum hour of 1000 TT or something like that! And overall why they asked people to do online test with 250 TT??

Holyjoe
9th Sep 2014, 08:42
They are looking for a specific "type"...look at the tests...2 personality type exercises.we can all fly planes but they know the type of candidate they are looking for....and it has little to do with hours or experience.equally, they don't want 50 newbies with 200 hrs or 50 newbies with 2000+ time. Norwegian employ across a very broad spectrum of experience and age..So sit it out, wait for your response and stop trying to find a pattern....because there isn't one.good luck guys and gals.

SuperCrw
10th Sep 2014, 11:12
And just for info guys, Norwegian have a so called cadet programme through Lund University school of Aviation where they bring on MPL students, so I wouldn't assume they are looking for 200hrs guys just to fill a quota.

Wish you all luck!

teobull
10th Sep 2014, 21:16
Does anybody really know what' s on offer? What kind of contract: permanent or temporary? For how long? What about the TR? Bases? Etc.

Muel07
10th Sep 2014, 23:12
Yes, it's been mentioned many times on this forum and on the application page that its a 6 month contract, possibly renewable and they will offer you a non 'core' base so LGW/HEL/BCN/AGP/LPA/MAD/ALC... TR is paid for by the applicant and apparently can be bonded through an agency...

marcoBCN
10th Sep 2014, 23:53
It seems quite strange that they bond a type for 6 months contract..... isn't it?:ooh:

hawksbill
11th Sep 2014, 06:59
Well I have my interview confirmation....Personal interview...group exercises...no mention of a sim check :S

vasterlund
11th Sep 2014, 07:06
Must be a sim check :O

ValePilot
11th Sep 2014, 07:16
Well I have my interview confirmation....Personal interview...group exercises...no mention of a sim check :S

when do you have it?

Aleboni
11th Sep 2014, 07:30
What is your experience?

worldoffe
11th Sep 2014, 08:04
@ Aleboni http://www.pprune.org/8631126-post170.html

MichaelPL
11th Sep 2014, 08:05
Hawksbill stated his experience in this very thread, 5 pages ago.
ME IR CPL MCC

TT 2400
PIC 1100
Mostly Single TurbopropDid they mention anything at all about a technical part in the interview? Good luck :)

Aleboni
11th Sep 2014, 08:20
Ok thank you guys :)... Anyway i did online test on 16 th August and no answer. CPL IR MCC FI tot 330hrs PIC 110 and 23 years old. I think there aren't many chances due to my low experience.

eagledream
11th Sep 2014, 09:56
I also received the email saying I have to few hours and people with many more have applied. Therefore my application won't go ahead.
280TT

vasterlund
11th Sep 2014, 10:25
heard about another guy with 230 TT got the same email so I guess im waiting for the same email with my 260 TT

ValePilot
11th Sep 2014, 12:17
I also received the email saying I have to few hours and people with many more have applied. Therefore my application won't go ahead.
280TT

Did they sent you the invitation for online test?

eagledream
11th Sep 2014, 12:43
Yeah sorry didnt specify. Done online tests mid august.

Skajellyy
11th Sep 2014, 12:45
How long did it take before you guys got an answer after the online test, Hawksbill and vasterlund?

ValePilot
11th Sep 2014, 12:58
Really bad...

maxed-out
11th Sep 2014, 13:00
Guys everbody gets an online test. It's computer generated. Same as Aer Lingus did.

Muel07
11th Sep 2014, 15:02
No they didn't there were one or two people who posted a week or so back that said they were sent a 'no thanks' e-mail before even doing the online tests... but yes, the majority (who have posted on here) do seem to have been sent them.

dboy
11th Sep 2014, 16:26
Bottomline: high or low experience, most of us will not get an invitation.

Im already tooooo long in aviation.

Madison.clarke
14th Sep 2014, 15:29
Funny how the majority of those rejected just got the standard rejection email yet 2 people were given reasons for rejection. sounds fishy if you ask me.
Can anyone confirm if Norwegian reject applications from someone who has needed to repeat an ATPL exam. I repeated Gen Nav once and was told by a guy who was taken on by Norwegian (from Ryanair) that they will not go near guys with first time passes in all exams. Hope that's not true.
I have not heard anything back since doing the online tests, good news I suppose if others have heard they were unsuccessful.

Modular
Age 24,
217 hours
MCC
JOC

Joons31
15th Sep 2014, 09:23
So, for me it's almost a month now after I finished the online assessment. Still no news - probably they will first interview experienced guys, followed by some low hour guys? Hopefully one of the guys who were invited for interview will post a feedback here.
Profile:
Age 23
TT 251
First Time Passes
MCC & JOC 737

aloa326
15th Sep 2014, 10:19
Funny how the majority of those rejected just got the standard rejection email yet 2 people were given reasons for rejection. sounds fishy if you ask me.
Can anyone confirm if Norwegian reject applications from someone who has needed to repeat an ATPL exam. I repeated Gen Nav once and was told by a guy who was taken on by Norwegian (from Ryanair) that they will not go near guys with first time passes in all exams. Hope that's not true.
I have not heard anything back since doing the online tests, good news I suppose if others have heard they were unsuccessful.

Modular
Age 24,
217 hours
MCC
JOC

Unless you didnt upload the ATPL final certificate how should they know???

also would be funny reject an applicant for this reason and maybe with 2000 on 737 already:ugh:

ValePilot
15th Sep 2014, 10:24
Anyway I am also in the same situation...waiting for a month...no answer:ugh:

Madison.clarke
15th Sep 2014, 17:01
Ok, got a call this morning to invite me to a group exercise and interview. They are holding it in Heathrow. She said they are travelling to various cities for the assessments then successful applicants will go to Norway for sim assessment. So for you guys that haven't heard yet it is probably because they haven't organised the trip to your closest city yet and they are doing it country by country.

Joons31
15th Sep 2014, 19:56
Madison, what is your experience?

Madison.clarke
15th Sep 2014, 20:00
Finished modular flight training in May, approx 220 hours, MCC and JOC complete, 24 years old, English icao level 5, engineering degree.

ValePilot
15th Sep 2014, 20:06
@Madison Is hard to believe a thing like this...:ooh: Did they call you or sent you an email?

aloa326
15th Sep 2014, 21:57
@Madison Is hard to believe a thing like this...:ooh: Did they call you or sent you an email?

what's the difference between call and email??????

Why is hard to believe?????

If this will be confirmed also for the rest of Europe it makes sense and finger crossed for their visit!!!

PeppyJeppy
15th Sep 2014, 22:13
Send off my application about 3 days ago and nothing back. Did you guys get the online tests immediately?

aloa326
15th Sep 2014, 22:17
one day later from the sent CV.

Joseph Paris
15th Sep 2014, 22:42
I got an invitation for on line assessment about one week following my application.

ValePilot
16th Sep 2014, 05:54
If this will be confirmed also for the rest of Europe it makes sense and finger crossed for their visit!!!

Yes of course, but is the first airline that do this!

aloa326
16th Sep 2014, 07:52
No, it is not correct, a lot of "Open day" are also used as first stage of the selection process, for example Wizzair(and not the only one) is doing on this way, Hungary, Poland, Lithuania....the only thing different is that Norwegian has already received your CV and calling you and others Company most likely not and you show up in spontaneous way.
I dont see nothing strange or hard to believe.

ValePilot
16th Sep 2014, 10:10
Yes Aloa, I hope that it is in this way.

aloa326
16th Sep 2014, 10:50
Valepilot keep networking, studying, trying and Flying as much as you can even 5 hrs a year and your turn will come!

GeorgeHarrison
17th Sep 2014, 12:13
We should soon be able to get feedback from the first interviews, shouldn't we?

aloa326
17th Sep 2014, 13:08
we should...could be usefull to know the "style" kept from Norwegian during the interview.

SlingsbyT67M
17th Sep 2014, 18:48
So I don't know about you guys but I have been waiting for a response to my online assessments for about 4 weeks now and still nothing. I just logged onto, "LatestPilotjobs" and have seen them advertising again....I have no idea what is going on?!!:ugh:

sammyduke
17th Sep 2014, 18:52
Is the application period closed or can I still send in my application?

Do you know if Norwegian accepts German applicants with an astigmatism value of -4.0 dioptres?

1RED2GREENS
17th Sep 2014, 18:55
I wouldn't worry about it... remember Aer Lingus and the months of 'waiting'............. don't pin your hopes on it!

ValePilot
17th Sep 2014, 19:23
If you don't know yet, there are people called for the next step.:ok:

dboy
18th Sep 2014, 11:19
I dont like to disappoint people but most of us will not hear anything. I had the same with aer lingus, easyjet, jet2, BA citylflyer...Im also waiting 1 month. If they were really keen to invite us, they already would have give a call.
If i learned something in all these years in aviation, it is "not having hope".

vasterlund
18th Sep 2014, 12:09
Same here about Aer lingus.. 1 year and 2 months "waiting"...
But I heard about a friend of mine that had a email this week with the "to few hours" feedback.

Anunaki
18th Sep 2014, 13:46
Well guys, I actually think that on this case it can be a good thing. NAS has a very small recruitment department and they were inundated with applications.

Consider that some of us did get a PFO a couple of weeks ago and we applied around the same time.They will get back to us(I hope) even if we're not successful.
I'm starting to think that the ones who haven't heard it back yet were given some sort of "awaiting selection'' status.

But yes,you were right,most of us won't make the cut.I too never heard back from Aer lingus,or Flybe, Jet2 took 6 months,Ryanair 2 years…

I had mentioned it before that this was my last year,have 8 months until the renewals.
If I don't get a job I'm definitely leaving. First,can't afford it anymore.
Second,the so called "dream" only brought me heartache.I would keep an open mind guys,don't put your heart and soul on this one opportunity as it can be painful if it turns out negative.

GeorgeHarrison
18th Sep 2014, 17:21
@Anunaki

I know how it feels, dude and I'm sorry to hear...I also have started a BA in a completely different field and I'm getting plenty of opportunities to practise, both paid and unpaid.
Don't give up, man!!!

leveledoff 450
20th Sep 2014, 12:16
Hi guys,
apologies..didn't have time to go through all posts: any high timer experienced Capt/FO no-typed invited in their offices yet?
Thanks t ya all..

Good Luck :ok:

antes56
20th Sep 2014, 16:57
received the " No thanks email "....didn't do the online test, applied early september. Just lot of you, out of FTO with MCC and 270 hours

ValePilot
20th Sep 2014, 22:55
No online tests antes??

annita
20th Sep 2014, 23:53
Well I aint surprised you got the no thanks email if you have not done the tests

ValePilot
21st Sep 2014, 07:18
SO, the answer is not automatic...as some people said!

GeorgeHarrison
21st Sep 2014, 09:41
It may be automatic, as they sent some over on a Sunday

PeppyJeppy
23rd Sep 2014, 21:34
I got the too few hours email today....245TT circa 120P1

ValePilot
24th Sep 2014, 05:40
But did you completed the online tests also?

Aleboni
24th Sep 2014, 06:21
How old are you?

VFE
24th Sep 2014, 09:29
I had hoped to click on this thread and find some useful information but instead it's a load of apparently young and naive hopefuls speculating on when they'll hear something. Come on folks, be realistic and accept the reality that there were doubtless over 3000 applications from across Europe recieved and only a handful of positions. You are all supposed to be rather clever individuals so you do the math!

Constantly chewing the fat with no hard facts or useful information to add to the thread just means its harder for the lucky few to sort out the useful bits if they get called for interview! Would you fancy trawling through endless posts from (largely) the same few individuals bitching about "the wait" when you only have days to prepare?

A.jg
24th Sep 2014, 10:30
They did the interviews already. Over 5000 applications and they called 60 guys for 36 positions.

I have two friends who got the job offer yesterday, so fellas, this process is already done.

Keep looking for such a good opportunity. :D

cheers

ValePilot
24th Sep 2014, 10:49
Are you really sure?? And people with no answer?? We have to wait for nothing...?

Trent1000
24th Sep 2014, 11:00
Are you really saying that they open up a "cadet" job offer, when they know thousands will apply, to "only" hire 36? Maybe they did, I do not doubt that your informations are correct, but I am pretty sure there will be more hiring going on. Otherwise its pretty pointless to open up such a big sheme with loads of work for the HR department. But I may be wrong totaly.

We will see and habe to wait what kind of reply we will get, if we get one.

ValePilot
24th Sep 2014, 11:09
By the way...the application on the website is still open...:mad:

GeorgeHarrison
24th Sep 2014, 11:39
I guess we'll consider it closed whenever the company says so :ok:

VFE
24th Sep 2014, 11:47
You see, where you young'uns are going wrong on this one is this:

You are trying to apply logic!

You'll soon learn..... :]

ValePilot
24th Sep 2014, 11:53
@George Exact!!

@Anunaki Oh yes...this "story" is becoming ridicoulus, last week with the sort of "open day" city by city, and now there is a "genius" saying that is all closed! What could we expect for next week?? :}:}

Anunaki
24th Sep 2014, 11:55
Your constant references to age are getting a bit annoying VFE. You don't like young people,fine.Keep it to yourself… Obviously your generation didn't fail us did they? Did an "excellent" job , leaving the industry on the state that it is, never mention everything else in this world.

I didn't get a 1/4 of opportunities my parents did for example, yet have to hear this nonsense...
Thank you ever so much for showing us naive youngsters the way.Forever grateful.

A.jg
24th Sep 2014, 17:48
@Anunaki

I don't understand why I would be tricking you.

I'm not making it up at all. I can tell you that two close friends went to the interview last week in Oslo, and both of them got the job offer yesterday for starting the course on November.

I saw the email from both of them. I'm not that kind of people who is losing time here to bull**** you.

The last comment was wondering if anyone have info about the recruitment. Well, I have, and when I share it with you, you believe this is not true. Oh well done damn ass,:ugh:

They were told that they called 60 applicants and they will hire 36. They have scheduled 3 courses of 12 people each.

This is what it is. As my friends say, I didn't the no, but I know this process is done.

@Vale Pilot @Anunaki

Does is worth to be ironic in the forum, and let yourselves show everyone how ridiculous you could be? Weren't you wondering what is happening with the process and is not worth to be thankful to someone who knows what's going on?

Grow up pals

ValePilot
24th Sep 2014, 18:39
I'm not making it up at all. I can tell you that two close friends went to the interview last week in Oslo, and both of them got the job offer yesterday for starting the course on November

And these friends are NTR?? We are only pointing that on the NORWEGIAN WEBSITE the program for NTR is still open with N/A closing date. What does it means? And you've got the online tests A.jg?

Anunaki
24th Sep 2014, 23:50
A.jg my comment starts with " do not take Offense but I'll take it with a pinch of salt " ,is it that difficult ? I'll Second Valepilot comments,we're discussing NTR.If that's the case,of the process being closed,I can't prove it. But why should anyone believe a anonymous poster?I haven't heard back from them,when it's official ,then we'll close the book.Untill then ,your comment is a valid as anyone else here.You saw the emails ?Wow!!well,nobody else here did....yeah,need some growing up pal. We will take into consideration your contribution ,although I'm sorry to say it just doesn't make sense.The application still open,and from what I heard there are many more positions than what you state.Only time will tell.Congratulations in any case to your friends.

RickNRolled
25th Sep 2014, 08:00
I have not heard anything since the Online tests. But until I do, I am going keep my hopes up!:D

annita
25th Sep 2014, 09:14
It could be true but why should HR tell two new recruits of how many have called fwd and how many they are planning to hire?
As many said, the online link is valid ,my rejection is not here so hope is alive.

Photon85
25th Sep 2014, 10:34
I randomly checked my spam folder today, and saw that I had an invitation for the online assessment dated for the 18th of this month (a week ago basically).
Completed it now, even though it should've been completed already.
Let's see what happens.

ValePilot
25th Sep 2014, 13:06
I can tell you that two close friends went to the interview last week in Oslo, and both of them got the job offer yesterday for starting the course on November

Some posts ago

ValePilot
27th Sep 2014, 14:23
Feedback from two of my colleagues that recently attended interview was that the " results" of the on-line tests were given at the interview

Report this answer of the other topic about NAX recruitment. So, the results are given at the interview's moment.

Aleboni
9th Oct 2014, 00:01
Any news???

Jean-Francois
9th Oct 2014, 08:12
Hi there!
I have applied yesterday and I took time to read the 19 pages of this topic!
All the best to everyone and give your best! It is of course a competition but we are here to share our experiences about the selection process!
I would like to thank all the contributors because it is interesting to know how the selection is structured! Do not need the details point by point and what was written in the VR... It reminds me when the first mate took the atpl exams at the DGTA... Everyone was asking what did you get.... Come on, we all have studied the data base in order to save time!!! Sorry for the digression

Modular
230 TT
CPL IR ME
MCC
JOC
A320 Rated

I am going to wait for a reply in the meanwhile keeping my eyes on what is going on around here to get my first job in the airline.

magicmick
9th Oct 2014, 09:46
CPL MEIR and MPL.......wow!!!!!

Jean-Francois
9th Oct 2014, 10:51
MPA with bus and not MPL as I wrote before!

magicmick
9th Oct 2014, 10:58
Ah, I see. I thought that you were trying to get every licence possible to increase your chances!!!!!

Good luck with the NAS application (providing you do not have better luck than me).

schweizer2
9th Oct 2014, 11:06
Not 100% sure, but my guess is an a320 type rating will not help you on this occasion!

Hurdle
9th Oct 2014, 14:53
Hi guys,

So i read some people already did the interviews? I did my online assesment middle of october. Heard nothing yet... Where the people who are inerviewed Cadets or experienced?

Currently Im flying CRJ and just received my ATPL. So im wondering if this is good or not... also the silence...

aloha1985
9th Oct 2014, 21:00
For what it's worth – I have a source I consider reliable who has heard from them that they had 6000 applicants, 3000 received the tests. 12 hired so far, and they all had 1000+ tt.

Hurdle
10th Oct 2014, 02:43
Thanks for the info, I was already suspecting this huge amount of applicants. But yea so far good news then.

jass_gr
10th Oct 2014, 11:04
Just received the ''bad news'' by email

Thank you for applying for the position of FIRST OFFICERS NON TYPERATED B737.

Unfortunately we will not be taking your application further on this occasion. The general standard of applications has been extremely high and we have shortlisted candidates whose skill sets are more closely matched to the role requirements.

Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide further feedback at this stage of the process.

Applied Aug 23
250TT

ValePilot
10th Oct 2014, 11:19
I have 295 hr TT, and still waiting for an answer after 2 months...

Aleboni
10th Oct 2014, 12:13
did you do online test?

BAe 146-100
10th Oct 2014, 13:43
Thanks for the info, I was already suspecting this huge amount of applicants. But yea so far good news then.

Its good news that there has been 6000 applicants and 12 hired so far or was that just sarcasm?? :confused:

appfo09
10th Oct 2014, 13:44
The same here! Applied since 2 months ago and still waiting.
Stay possitive !:ok:

jass_gr
10th Oct 2014, 14:30
Yes, I did the online tests 2 days after my application.

ValePilot
10th Oct 2014, 14:32
Stay possitive

Well, is difficult be positive! :(

A_Woods
10th Oct 2014, 15:24
Got my PFO email today. Looks like they have taken the many more experienced applicants that applied

annita
10th Oct 2014, 15:39
I am out also

Hurdle
10th Oct 2014, 15:51
6000 applicants is alot.. But yes stay positive, no bad news email is still a chance !!! Keep up the good spirit

Chouan
11th Oct 2014, 08:51
I applied the day they openned the position, did the online test the day after.

Just got an email from them, saying that they won't go further on this occasion blablabla..

I have 240TT.

Good luck to yall !

Kappa87
11th Oct 2014, 09:29
Bad mail also for me...

SpannerInTheWerks
11th Oct 2014, 10:00
Its good news that there has been 6000 applicants and 12 hired so far or was that just sarcasm??

Hopefully not sarcasm, but just look at the numbers!!!

If the majority of those applying are low-houred, low experienced 'cadets' then they're going to have a long wait - if the majority of them ever get a job.

The self-sponsored 'cadet' training scheme is great for the flying training academies, but the reality is that many will fall by the wayside.

It's a pity because no doubt all are capable, as it is unlikely they would have got accepted and succeeded on the course.

The sad fact is there appears to be an over-supply of these embryonic pilots who have been left in something of an employment wilderness.

There still appears to be a supply of experienced type-rated guys who are 'on the move' and will no doubt be first in line for a job.

In the good old days of the self-improver is was fATPL, instructing and 1,000 hours before you ever got a look in (I sneaked in, over-age, but with good contacts and 925 hours after 6 years of trying - and kept everything current in the meantime).

If the majority of the 6,000 applicants have low-hours and low-experience then the battle for survival in the industry will be won by those who have money and take the initiative to build useful hours and keep current.

Those that sit back and let their ratings lapse are, in my opinion, doomed in this highly competitive, highly selective market.

All the best - never give up and never let people like me put you off in any way. YOU must be the one who succeeds!!!

I was once told by an experienced BA training captain that I would never fly a jet - capable, be just too inexperienced and too old.

I remember 10 years later patting the side of a brand new B737 I'd just flown into Geneva and thinking, in spite of his good intentions, how wrong that captain was.

If you're going to succeed, failure isn't an option! No matter what it takes :)

dboy
11th Oct 2014, 10:20
I did also the test without any news or result AND i am experienced. But i don't hope for anything. My life just continues. I dont want to be a pain in the ... Just forget this company and move on. Most of us, especially the low timers will not hear anything.

ValePilot
11th Oct 2014, 11:32
Bad email also for me ahah! They make me laugh!

annita
11th Oct 2014, 12:23
It is a joke actually :D

G-GOLF
11th Oct 2014, 15:51
That's me out too.

Strategy
11th Oct 2014, 16:40
Wonder why they even do this kind of recruitment???
I mean 6000 applications and its still open to apply.

Must be expensive for the HR-department to handle this. 99 % of us will get a "no thanks" I guess.

As I understand it they havent had any problems recruiting experinced guys from Ryan.

SpannerInTheWerks
11th Oct 2014, 17:39
Must be expensive for the HR-department to handle this.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, yes, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no ,,,,,,,,,,

No, not difficult.

schweizer2
11th Oct 2014, 18:36
I am somewhere between 500 and 1000 hours, no JET time, done the on-line assessment but nothing heard since.

Will let everyone know If I too receive the no e-mail in the coming days.

ogorek
12th Oct 2014, 17:58
PFO, 250TT, MCC, JOC ICAO5

PrivatePilotDA40NG
12th Oct 2014, 22:05
After about 6 weeks since the online tests, I also got the rejection email. Good luck to the lads going for the interview. Great opportunity.

artlite
13th Oct 2014, 23:49
If my mail went out - can i still check my status?

JulesW
14th Oct 2014, 08:29
a no for me.... again. :ugh:

did the online test 6 weeks ago.

42y .BE 280TT fATPL CPL MEIR ICAO5

Raccatto
14th Oct 2014, 08:31
NO.

Due to a high number of applications we have focused on applicants with +1000 hours of total flying experience and +150 hours the last 12 months

aloa326
14th Oct 2014, 09:01
Unbelievable....looks like a battle field.....6000 applicants looks reasonable:bored:

Good luck for that one still alive.....i am still in......strugling.....surviving:yuk:

Cygnet720
14th Oct 2014, 09:35
And now I fell. Same e-mail, though they stated now that they are looking for 1000+ hours guys with 150+ hours in the last 12 months.

Myself at the time of application
Integrated (with previous PPL)
250 TT
MCC JOC

Good luck

Jaz110285
14th Oct 2014, 11:51
I'm OUT GUYS!!

Unfortunately we will not be taking your application further on this occasion. The general standard of applications has been extremely high and we have shortlisted candidates whose skill sets are more closely matched to the role requirements.

Due to a high number of applications we have focused on applicants with +1000 hours of total flying experience and +150 hours the last 12 months

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your future career.

With kind regards,
Norwegian Recruiting Team

:ugh:

Tomdw
14th Oct 2014, 11:57
Dear Norwegian Airlines,

Thank you for taking us serious and screen us via this very realistic testing method. Most of all giving us the thought of a chance to get that job into the cockpit as a lowtimer. Just a waste of time this airliner.

Dear XXX,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your future career.

With kind regards,

finswe
14th Oct 2014, 16:02
I am out as well!

aloha1985
14th Oct 2014, 16:14
I'm out too, for now. They're getting over 200 new planes delivered from late next year (if there's been no changes since the 2012 orders). 12 new-hires will not suffice in the long run. :ok: Carry on!

cefey
14th Oct 2014, 21:16

Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive, we are unable to provide further feedback at this stage of the process.

225TT, 5 hrs last year. Though, they did not mention hours for me, though.
Might it be results from the tests? Or they just did not bother to elaborate?

Good luck to the rest!

selesone
15th Oct 2014, 05:58
I have 1650 TT , 1335 on B737 , did the online test 1 month ago but still no response,

magicmick
15th Oct 2014, 06:28
Just had the custard pie slapped in my face, coming all the way from Norway the custard was frozen, damn near broke my nose!!!!!!

As with cefey there was no mention of my hours or currency.

Good luck to those still in the running.

aloa326
15th Oct 2014, 06:53
Selesone...for the time being better not receive anything....now its the phase "kick off":ouch:

Dangerous_D
15th Oct 2014, 07:28
I'm out. Not enough hours or recent experience.

230TT
CPL/MEIR
MCC
JOC

SpannerInTheWerks
15th Oct 2014, 07:57
I'm reliably informed that they're looking for a minimum of 1,000 hours, with 150 in the last year.

So no 'cadets'.

My previous comments apply.

Just shows what a huge risk a self-sponsored course is if you're not attached in some way to an airline (sponsored).

Hopefully the market will improve, but you'll always be limited if you're on your own with low hours.

aloa326
15th Oct 2014, 08:23
Spanner we are already well informed about requirements, posts ago a guy showed us the 1000 hrs TT and 150 hrs past year, and by the way all the thread has been base on a huge misunderstanding: Norwegian have been looking for First Officer and not cadet, so at the end is not a surprise if low timers are discharged.

By the way on Norwegian web site the first officer not type rated is not available anymore.

hobnobanyone
15th Oct 2014, 08:59
I think it's all a bit of a numbers game to be honest.

Over 6000 applications for just over 30 non t/r jobs - it means that effectively you have a 1 in 200 chance of being offered a job. I don't know what the odds were for actually getting an interview in the first place, but probably equally as long. I'm assuming that the rejections have been sent out because the limited number of courses are now full.

It's a shame but that seems to be the nature of the industry at the moment - very few jobs and very many applicants.

However, for those who were successful, it is a fantastic opportunity with a company that is moving in the right direction with a clear plan for the future.

wangus
15th Oct 2014, 09:58
I wish this had come weeks ago to put me out of my misery. Came this morning...

Dear ----

With kind regards,

olivier-weber
15th Oct 2014, 10:14
What is your profile wangus ?

flyleaf
15th Oct 2014, 11:31
got declined as well .. in the email was also stated the following :

Due to a high number of applications we have focused on applicants with +1000 hours of total flying experience and +150 hours the last 12 months.

so.... yeah....

good luck to everyone !

worldoffe
15th Oct 2014, 12:24
dito :cool:

aloa326
15th Oct 2014, 12:59
I feel that between the two requirements (1000TT and 150hrs during last year) the second one is the "axe" for cutting people.

Someone can illuminate if during the application they were asking these 150 hrs or just "new requirement"???

kazata
15th Oct 2014, 13:09
I think there was a question in the application form "Do you have 150+ hours last 12 months?".

aloa326
15th Oct 2014, 13:21
Thank you Kazata.......you right...i was not sure.

gnome11
15th Oct 2014, 14:10
How many hours have you guys done in the last 12 months?

i would be interested to know of those 6000 applicants, what percentage had 1000 hours and >150hrs in the last year.

stn
15th Oct 2014, 14:19
i would be interested to know of those 6000 applicants, what percentage had 1000 hours and >150hrs in the last year.

Over a thousand hours of experience, 150h in the last year AND still willing to self sponsor a T/R for a contract position. Yeah.

mikemorgan81
15th Oct 2014, 14:47
Had the same email,

770 TT, 162 hours in the last 12 months (FI). Can't help thinking if they wanted 30 pilots with 1000+ hours they should have just said so. Would still have had plenty of applicants.

SpannerInTheWerks
15th Oct 2014, 18:17
Can't help thinking if they wanted 30 pilots with 1000+ hours they should have just said so. Would still have had plenty of applicants.

If they have taken only 30 odd applicants, it's a bit heartless to build any hopes up in less experienced pilots thinking they might have a chance of gaining employment when in reality none existed.

I appreciate airlines like to test the market with all encompassing trawls such as this.

However, they would have known from the responses contained within the questionnaires the hours and experience of the applicants without putting so many through the online tests when there was no hope of subsequent employment.

This very Thread and the responses within it show how keen, hopeful, young pilots hang on every word - I did myself years ago.

Now to find it was all in vain leaves something of a bad taste in the mouth - in my opinion.

Not good PR, again in my opinion, but the nature of the modern corporate beast.

Jean-Francois
15th Oct 2014, 18:54
Email received today with a negative answer

cefey
15th Oct 2014, 19:50
I think they are looking to bring back Scandi from Ryan, Susi and maybe get someome from Widerøye.
As well, check interest and market with fresh pilots for their future recruitment

artlite
15th Oct 2014, 20:44
You guys know what to do if my email went out of order meanwhile - can I change it somewhere so I know what reply I got? I have 1000 TT and 150h in the last year.

federico100mt
16th Oct 2014, 08:19
As well, check interest and market with fresh pilots for their future recruitment

I HOPE It! They know that PILOT SHORTAGE DOES NOT EXIST

C.T.G.
16th Oct 2014, 10:13
Response received yesterday -

With kind regards,

Agree with the other posts, why ask for low hour non-rated pilots just to send responses like this out, on the plus side going through the online process was good practice.

Martijn_Pleijsier
19th Oct 2014, 18:15
Dear all,

I red through this forum and I was aware of the negative messages. Does anybody know when you receive information concern this recruitment process? I have still no response from Norwegian... Al my other classmates has received negative messages from the recruitment team. I am looking forward to hearing from anyone.

ProFly
20th Oct 2014, 07:42
Same for me Martijn, although I expect it's in the post - just with a second class stamp!

dboy
20th Oct 2014, 10:46
Did also the test in aug. Never got a reply so far. Well i guess we all would get a pfo some day.

finalcheck
22nd Oct 2014, 05:47
Did the test in mid-August and received the dreaded e-mail on Monday ("we have focused on candidates with +1.000 hours of total flying experience").

Ferihegy
3rd Nov 2014, 09:02
I was wondering, there are a lot of guys without any info, no reception and no interview, what do you think? Call in Norway and ask for what happened or just keep Waiting ?

dboy
3rd Nov 2014, 11:02
If you read that they have sacked 60 pilots (NTR included), than i guess we can all forget this. And maybe according the current situation, it is not such a bad thing at all. Never heard anything of them after doing the test.

Hurdle
4th Nov 2014, 15:33
the 60 pilots sacked. Anyone more info on this ? Or is it true what is written on Pilotjobsnetwork? to make space for self sponsored?? If those guys were on 6 month contracts it may seem more or less logic knowing the contractors world...... Else it might become a yearly thing..

RickNRolled
7th Nov 2014, 15:17
Got the negative Email some days ago...what a great day that was.

Googlebug
7th Nov 2014, 19:05
Hurdle.

From what I have heard its to become a yearly thing for now based on seniority. An email dictated that they do not foresee those affected should not have to take unpaid leave as they will have a higher seniority.

J.Munk
28th Nov 2014, 12:40
Has anybody heard back from Norwegian after the interviews? I did mine just over 2 weeks ago and haven't heard anything yet.
Cheers :)

semmern
2nd Dec 2014, 17:23
Read this thread, especially what "captplaystation" posts, and ask yourself if you really want to fly for such a company:

http://www.pprune.org/terms-endearment/550488-norwegian-lays-off-60-pilots-3.html

J.Munk
2nd Dec 2014, 19:37
Hi Semmern.
I have read all the threads and looking to hear from others who went to the interview. I have not had my result yet and curious to hear if others have received a reply yet? Conditions are deteriorating in most airlines at the moment and NAS is actually a step-up for a lot of people even all the negative being discussed here.

Moodster
7th Dec 2014, 06:37
Anyone else still waiting to hear from Norwegian following the initial application?

RavenOne
7th Dec 2014, 15:02

Jwscud
8th Dec 2014, 13:05
So Norwegian are going where even FR don't dare to go - the line training/x00 hours. Shame on them.

finalcheck
9th Dec 2014, 19:57
How much can you expect to fly in 3 months? 200 hours?

aloha1985
10th Dec 2014, 13:22
Oh well, sign me up! :rolleyes:

semmern
10th Dec 2014, 13:23
Do you people actually understand what is going on at DY these days? I mean, you read the posts here, note the ever-increasing negativity from those already inside DY, the steadily deteriorating Ts and Cs, the THREE MONTH CONTRACT THAT WILL COST YOU 20K, and you still line up around the block by the thousands? Use some bloody common sense and don't touch this contract with a ten-foot pole.

MichaelPL
10th Dec 2014, 20:11
I am utterly puzzled by this so-called 'offer'. And even more amazed by the poor sods who'd actually take it.

Let us forget for a while it seems nothing short of pay to fly, and digress.
So a succesful applicant gets to spend his 20-30-40? thousand euros for typerating. Then he gets to work for three months. Say he is lucky (my dear... lucky...) and clocks up 300 hours on the 737. What does he do next, pray tell?
IMHO from unexperienced turned into unemployable. The next gang around the corner does not want your 300 hours experience. They want you to do your typerating with THEM.

There's already a mechanism in place with pilots of certain provenence doing TR and clocking up 500hrs on a certain aircraft type (and paying for it quite a lot), to be subsequently employed by a certain legacy carrier (gosh! not only the LOCOs driving the market down, whoulda thought). But this? Again, what's the point of flying 300 hours?

I'm a low-timer. 580 hours, looking for my first break. This is the first time I see a 'job ad' I am eligible to apply to, and deliberately skipping it. I would like to know who on earth would sign up for this and what they'd be thinking.

aloha1985
11th Dec 2014, 02:57
The 3 months is nothing more than "cashback" by offering some paid line training. It's an almost-no-strings-attached way for NAS to sell type ratings, and simultaneously prepare the way of the eventual hiring they need to do when the delivery of their 222 aircraft order starts arriving in late 2015.

annita
11th Dec 2014, 04:47
I dont support p2f but everyone that was in my class and did it got a job.
From the rest of us only one guy got a job.

Go figure.......

semmern
11th Dec 2014, 09:46
So what you're actually saying is that you really do support P2F, but you don't have the balls to admit it to yourself. Because that's what your post really reads like.

I know dozens of guys who went the P2F route, and almost none of them have a job today. Go figure...

Anyone with the illusion that P2F is a good thing for us pilots in the long run, remember that you're supposed to be in this business for at least 30 years in most cases, and if you're helping to slash your own Ts and Cs, you're a terribly short-sighted individual..

annita
11th Dec 2014, 10:38
I sense a certain irritation in your post.
We all have that irritation with the situation today but remember there are two sides to a coin and two to a knife.
If I was supporting it I would have said so but the fact is that we all know people who did it and got a job while the rest struggle.
As I said, I don't agree with it and its something that lowers safety and destroys employment chances for us but unfortunately it is what it is.

Btw if you judge someone by a single post and reading between the lines, I guess I am not the short-sighted here......

RavenOne
11th Dec 2014, 12:42

dboy
12th Dec 2014, 16:27
Hi guys,

After 4 months i got this email:

Unfortunately we will not be taking your application further on this occasion. The general standard of applications has been extremely high and we have now hired the candidates that we need for this project.

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your interest and wish you every success in your future career. Please follow us on our website for future positions.

With kind regards

And somehow, i am not sad about this.

Bird of pray
12th Dec 2014, 17:46
I`ve got the same Email today after 3 month of assessment. Here the reason maybe:

Norway (http://norwaytoday.info/money_view.php?id=13820)

CPL/ IR/ MEP froz. ATPL (EASA/FAA)
1800h TT
FI(A)
CRI

250h last 12 month.

That`s airlinebusiness..........Good luck for you, Folks...:-)

novembre
12th Dec 2014, 22:27
I thought my application vanished in their system but no, I just got the same email after 4 month "... we have now hired the candidates that we need for this project".

600 hrs only piston
200hrs during the last year

finalcheck
14th Dec 2014, 16:34
That's weird: I applied for the 3-months-contract, received the invitation to the cut-e assessements immediately, but now cannot access the tests.

The reason seems to be I already completed the tests for the non-tr recruitment drive in summer. Back then, I got a "no, thank you" on the grounds that I have less than 1k hours.

Anybody else with the same problem? Whom did you contact?

PrivatePilotDA40NG
14th Dec 2014, 17:00
@finalcheck
I mailed to the helpdesk and they said that this is normal. Your first result for the online assessment stays valid and you don't have to take any further steps.

Goodluck even tho 3monts is ridiculous

k738
14th Dec 2014, 19:24
So was there any successfull canidates with less than "150 hrs the last 12 months" that was offered the cadet position this autumn?

Did the assessment. +1000hrs, but only 50 within last 12 months.

RavenOne
15th Dec 2014, 00:28

yxcvmnb
15th Dec 2014, 18:36
They've started sending out emails inviting for interviews in January (for 3 months contracts).

But as stated before, I doubt I will be going. Paying for a type rating and then getting a 3 month summer job and back to being unemployed, plus that possibility that 200-250 hours would actually set you back in looking for a job after the summer contract ends...

But then again...

PrivatePilotDA40NG
15th Dec 2014, 19:33
Have you received an invitation?
What kind of qualifications and hours do you have ?

yxcvmnb
15th Dec 2014, 19:40
500TT

180 this year

PrivatePilotDA40NG
15th Dec 2014, 19:58
Hmm okay. I guess they will be looking for the 150+ hours last year

speed_alive_rotate
15th Dec 2014, 20:04
Are NAS asking for you to pay for the type rating and only offering 3 months work after?

RavenOne
15th Dec 2014, 20:55
Affirm. They are. :D:yuk:

speed_alive_rotate
15th Dec 2014, 21:06
HAHAHA..... what a farce, you lads applying would want your head examined!!!!!

Veren
15th Dec 2014, 21:31
So rather than P2F these fine people rather just ... pay?

For that amount of money one could:
- just hire a variety of SEP and go on amazing XC flights
- perhaps get some experience on seaplanes or taildraggers
- get some aero experience
- become an FI
- you know just having fun in general

and get the same or more hours in your logbook!:ok:

Hurdle
16th Dec 2014, 12:52
It is actually like this, the guys who got interviewed in November and on. Who were told in the interview days about paying the TR up front or taking a 2 year bond. As far as i know got offered all the nice little 3 month deal instead.

To say they've got royally screwed over here. So if some people even think to take this 3 month contract and get unemployed with a useles TR after, get no hope... You will get royally screwed over also.

speed_alive_rotate
16th Dec 2014, 12:57
Anyone who takes up such a disgraceful offer disserves everything they get. No wonder the terms and conditions are being flushed down the toilet in this industry!!!!

P40Warhawk
16th Dec 2014, 16:52
A guy I know was in first instance told that he would get 2 year bond. He is a guy with Full ATPL. About 1700 hours TT. He got hired and would start TR early next year, but now they said, it will be not 2 year bond. It will be 3 month contract. He said of course NO.

What an Retards there in NAS. Respectless.

PrivatePilotDA40NG
16th Dec 2014, 17:14
Wtf... Where is this going? :yuk:

annita
16th Dec 2014, 22:16
Its going straight down the toilet.

The guy I know just got informed he is in for the interview.

2000 hrs FI 160 last year.

I had a discussion with him today and asked what happens after the 200 hrs and at the end of the summer.

He said , well I don't have to buy 500 hrs then I will get 200 hrs getting paid and then buy another 300hrs and long term will be saving money as I will buy only 300hrs.

Could not really discuss with him after this as his mind is set that way......

Its just a shame the airlines are been so pathetic though, at least if you will pay the damn TR the contract should be minimum one year to make it worth it.....

Pittslover
16th Dec 2014, 22:45
What you just wrote is exactly the problem with this industry.

annita
16th Dec 2014, 23:02
Thats why I wrote it.......
I really don't know how this will end up......

P40Warhawk
16th Dec 2014, 23:05
That guy has to pay 25K. Then he gets TR LT and basically 200hrs. But 300 hr package will cost another 30-50K. Why the hell would you want to pay for your job? Riduculous . You have 2000 hrs TT. There should be better options somewhere.

All you need to do is lay NAS next to you. Dig a hole and throw that offer in that hole and throw back that soil on that offer. :yuk:
Atleast SunExpress Turkey you pay for TR around 28-30K and get year contract. In that year you fly atleast 700-900 hrs. And you get paid pretty good salary.
And after that year pretty reasonable chance that contract will be extended.

Or of course O'Leary Airlines. 28K. You fly a lot and also get salary. After all that aint that bad as far as I know. But cmon. 25K for tr and like 200 hrs? Seriously?

annita
16th Dec 2014, 23:10
I agree with you 100%
I know he applied to Ryan 4 years ago and they never called him and he has been without a job for 8 years, he is pretty p@ssed off and he was a guy who really was against this p2f.
I guess 8 years changes a person.......
Unfortunately we all agree this is making our future unsure but there will always be people willing to take these offers.

speed_alive_rotate
17th Dec 2014, 08:34
Guys we cant blame the Airlines in totality, if you owned a business and could get guys to pay you to work the chances are you probably would. The fault lies with the regulations allowing this to happen, and also rich kids who's parents will pay for them to do this madness contract not even having the intelligence to realise that they are actually degrading their own terms and conditions for the future!! So sad to see an industry I truly love going down the sink hole!!

dboy
17th Dec 2014, 11:41
If i read these stories, i feel i'm blessed to have the pfo letter from NAS. Now it is me who can say: NAS PFO!!

Aftrsunset
5th Jan 2015, 14:19
Honestly, I don't know what they are looking for, but they are inviting cadets for next weeks interviews(and for your information, no scandinavian language).

There are companies who just want to see you built up some commercial experience, CRM, Jet hours etc. I see jobs where they 'just' require 500 Hours. It's not a waste of your money or time if you ask me, but it's a Large financial risk which not all of us can take.

Aftrsunset
6th Jan 2015, 08:02
It's not always 500 hours line training. And as said before, SAS takes 737 type rated people with les than 500h on type, Primera Air was looking for pilots with Just the rating and above that, Norwegian has a Large order which may not all arrive in 2015(i believe 14 738 are arriving in 2015), but they Will definitely need people the upcoming years. It's not the best deal(I wished the contract would be more than Just three months) but you can look at it both ways(optimistisch or totally not).
I have been invited, have a Swedish license(completed at a Swedish FTO) with almost 200h. I can read norwegian en swedish(many words are familiar to dutch), but haven't written it down.

TPCP
6th Jan 2015, 11:20
When do you have your interview?

I am scheduled for the morning on 14th.

640TT
Can read Norwegian & Swedish, can't speak it... :ok:

16Jay22
13th Jan 2015, 19:42
I Applied last week and got invited to do the online tests 10 minutes later!
Now that i've completed the tests i am awaiting a reply to see if i get an interview or not! :bored:

appfo09
13th Jan 2015, 20:30
Hi fellows

Could anybody post a link for me to apply for the cadet scheme?

Is it still open ?

Thank you !

aloa326
14th Jan 2015, 08:28
Can't believe it!!!!!!!

appfo09
14th Jan 2015, 12:29
Guys it seems this position has closed a while back ... could anybody confirm this is true !

Thank you !

gefferzz
14th Jan 2015, 12:38
Yes, it closed on the 11th of this month.

KAISERSOZE
14th Jan 2015, 13:36
I applied a few month ago, for the permanent position. Succeed on the online test and got rejected at the cv stage.
I've applied again for this summer contract and, when asked to do the online test again, the page said "all tasks completed".

No feedback since, anyone with the same problem ?

aloa326
14th Jan 2015, 14:30
Same....will see what happens.

Pittslover
14th Jan 2015, 14:56
How long did you guys wait for the first email.

Spapilot
14th Jan 2015, 20:53
I also applied last week and they sent me the invitation to do the tests like 10 minutes after. I did the tests and I am waiting.

Someone know if they contact you if you are not invited to the interviews or only if you are invited?

Is someone more already invited?

Good luck to all!:)

MARCOFLY
16th Jan 2015, 16:00
Good morning Ppruners,
I have a few questions to all guys who have been called for the selection):
how much cost the Tr if you will hired?
How long did you wait for the second step after the test online?
Any recent experience of your assessment?
Thanks

aloha1985
21st Jan 2015, 18:39
According to HR, every applicant will get some form of feedback on their application for the TR+3m deal by end of February.

AlexRW89
22nd Jan 2015, 14:33
I applied on the 29th of december for summer contract and 737ng self sponsored tr. Few hours later I received the invitation for online assessment on cut-e. I did all multitasking correctly and pretty fast, and completed all online assessments. Today it's 22/01 and I haven't been contacted yet (they say after the application process has closed).
Anybody in my same situation? Does anybody knows when application process is going to end?

My infos:

Freshly Licensed (24/10/2014)
CPL/IR/ME + ATPL theory + MCC (frozen ATPL integrated course)
189 TT

MARCOFLY
2nd Feb 2015, 12:42
Good afternoon to Everybody,
any news from the recruitment process?
Did Anybody get interview recently?

KAISERSOZE
4th Feb 2015, 08:33
Nothing for, me no feedback yet

PrivatePilotDA40NG
5th Feb 2015, 14:28
No feedback yet.
We will probably get some kind of an answer though.

gene88
12th Feb 2015, 23:57
Got a no thanks email

Trubello
13th Feb 2015, 12:51
Me too...got a 'No' email! :*

marchetti_310
14th Feb 2015, 14:44
Me too...NO tks!!!!:confused:

yxcvmnb
14th Feb 2015, 19:44
Hehe, I already sent them mine "NO" answer 3 weeks ago when they offered me the interview and laid out their terms.

Now they send me an email saying thank you, but no thank you.

:}

KAISERSOZE
16th Feb 2015, 11:08
PFO mail received