PDA

View Full Version : FTO's that accept O Levels

Arpan_G
14th Aug 2014, 10:12
Hello Ppruners. I'm looking for list of colleges that accept O Level grades for admission requirements. If anyone know such FTO's please let me know. Post here or PM me.

Thank you

BigGrecian
14th Aug 2014, 12:13
Must of them.

Most ATOs do not have hugely high academic requirements as the academic requirement is relatively irrelevant as to someone will be successful as a pilot.

Arpan_G
14th Aug 2014, 13:20
can you write down names of couple of them so that I can check them out. Would be very useful to me.

Thank You

mad_jock
14th Aug 2014, 14:51
Which country are you intending to train in?

Arpan_G
14th Aug 2014, 19:31
Europe is favoured most. Any other country I wouldn't mind as well. Just let me know if you have any FTO's in mind please.

Arpan_G
15th Aug 2014, 11:24
Someone please tell me something!!!

mad_jock
15th Aug 2014, 11:53
Basically most schools will let you in without a qualification to your name just a large sum of money to spend.

keith williams
15th Aug 2014, 14:00
I cannot think of any school in the UK that requires students to have O levels, before joining their routine "pay your money and take your chance" courses.

In the "very rare" cases where places are sponsored by airlines the sponsors will probably specify some minimum qualification standard.

So just go to the UK CAA website and do a search for schools authorized to carry out ATPL courses.

A potentially greater problem is the fact that student VISAs for entry into the UK, will only be provided for study at those schools which are on the approved list of student VISA sponsors. If a school does not have the approval you will not get a VISA. So don't pay any money to any school before first ensuring that you will be able to get a VISA.

Arpan_G
16th Aug 2014, 04:54
Any place other than UK? UK is too expensive for me. Somewhere else in Europe where FTO's accept O levels would be great...know of any FTO's?

wiggy
16th Aug 2014, 05:52
I know this might sound a bit radical but if you are suitably imaginative with a good search engine you can find out the e-mail addresses and contact details of a fair few European FTOs in a handful of minutes..out of boredom I just had a go and quickly got into double figures. I'd suggest it's worth you doing the same and then firing off a few e-mails...

RichardH
16th Aug 2014, 06:02
My thoughts too Wiggy

Arpan_G
17th Aug 2014, 05:16
@wiggy...can i search the names of FTO's from the CAA website?

wiggy
17th Aug 2014, 06:50
You know if I was cruel, grumpy, or charged an hourly rate I'd tell you do this yourself, but since its Sunday and I'm feeling charitable, one last hint for now.....

I'd suggest you type something along the lines of:

"UK CAA Approved Flying Training Organisations" or "EASA Approved Flying Training Organisations" into your search engine...

In the UK case it's possible you might find "Standards Document 31", which may be of use. You might even be able to download it for free as a pdf, EASA may well have have similar....

I'm sure you can take it from there.......

As an aside (and please take this advice in the spirit in which it is intended) aviation is a world where employers expect you to show initiative and be self sufficient. Your initial post was a reasonable request but IMHO you can't expect to be led by the hand through the entire process, especially when so much is readily available on the internet and you can send a (free) e-mail in seconds. I'd suggest that now your best course of action is to contact a few FTO's, see what information they can provide, and then if need be come back here with the list of schools you've contacted and ask if anyone here has any personal recommendations/avoids about the FTOs on your list.

I would add that also IMVHO very few FTOs are going to turn you away simply because of your academic qualifications, they just want your money, but qualifications might well become an issue when you start looking for that first job.

Hope that helps and wish you luck.

Arpan_G
18th Aug 2014, 05:17
@wiggy.

thank you. but I think you could have said that a bit politely. I only asked for information... Don't show attitude brother...but anyways *peace*

mad_jock
18th Aug 2014, 09:12
Mate you are asking professional pilots a very basic question which you could have found out with 20 seconds search yourself.

If you have any problems with people telling you that you are lazy or giving you honest advice in relation to an industry which you have zero clue about so much so you can't even find a school to learn at.

I suggest you are looking at the wrong career save your money and don't bother learning to fly if you want to do it professionally. if its for fun crack on.

It is not a industry for thin skinned flowers, you will be told your failings to your face in a factual tone with no thought to how you feel. If you feelings are hurt well that's just tough luck. it won't hurt as much as a crash.

Go and have a think to yourself if you could cope with that.

wiggy
20th Aug 2014, 13:02
Just (mistakenly) dropped back in to check progress.....

JS/MJ - Thanks for your pertinent comments and advice, you saved me getting into a bit of bother with the moderators.

To the OP: You really would do well to heed the advice the previous two posters have given you.

I do genuinely wish you the best of luck for the future,

(More likely to be your Grandfather's age than your brother's):ooh:

Piltdown Man
20th Aug 2014, 17:50
Arpan - Are you for real? Wiggy gave you reasonable advice. Now let me give you some. Your attitude stinks. I will guarantee you that unless you change, it will deny you a job. You will also find learning difficult because this is a trade where you also absorb knowledge and learn from those around you. Those with poor people skills, like you, are denied that route of learning. And people with attitudes like yours do not last long in aviation, especially in a multi-crew environment. We've seen them come and go but not stay. Change or apply directly to Maccy-Ds, because that will be your limit.

PM

2close
21st Aug 2014, 13:10
And don't go crying into the corner because the big nasty professional pilots shouted at you.

Man up, take it on the chin and accept it as a very valuable lesson in learning people skills.

A little humility can go a long way and be seen as a strength not a weakness.

:)