PDA

View Full Version : Cathay Pacific - old, older and delayed

FairlieFlyer
13th Aug 2014, 23:13
Whats happened with Cathay in the past few years? After 3 years absence flew with them again and shocked by the unreliable and out of date planes that were put on the AKL-HKG-AMS route. The number of technical issues and delays on every leg including re-routings were beyond belief. Was stuck in Auckland for 5 hours on the tarmac before we even started as parts were flown in. Poor comms from flightdeck and oh so surly crew who couldnt get off the plane quick enough when their time had expired in Manila (Yes, ended up there too at one point). Air NZ on last return leg HKG-AKL however was a revelation for the better in every aspect (except IFE). Bye Cathay, I used to love you long time as a Gold flyer but now will love you no more.:{ NB I note the same CX flight today also delayed 7 hours at Auckland....

Phileas Fogg
14th Aug 2014, 12:47
Admittedly I have only flown three sectors with Cathay, LHR-HKG (B747), HKG-CEB (A330) and CEB-HKG (A340) but I have nothing but praise for them.

Their in-flight catering is amongst the best I have experienced in 35 years of flying commercially and give me "out of date" planes any day because "out of date" planes have more engines than modern day cr@p!