PDA

View Full Version : 2014 half year profits

me01
13th Aug 2014, 15:48
Surprised no-one yet posting here about the CX half year profits but can any one tell me where the fines for illegal activities that the Swire guys incur appear in the P and L, it really annoys me that the stock holders don't get much press on those.

Just Do It
14th Aug 2014, 02:19
So who was the Dick Head that got us involved with Air China? So every time a fuel decision is made it's not Cathay's well being I should be motivated by! So what are we getting out of this relationship with Air China or do I just wait for the next Court Case?

oriental flyer
14th Aug 2014, 13:11
Well with such a positive result for the half year it might prove difficult to find plausible excuses to reduce the required year end payout to the staff , so lets start immediately after the results are released
yes we did well, but compared to last year it's really not that great
yields are low ,freight is in the doldrums , fuel is very expensive and we really would love it if all of you worked for nothing which would make a significant bump to the bottom line
Bit like the boy who cried wolf once too often

missingblade
14th Aug 2014, 13:31
$347 mil on a turnover of $50 billion..correct? That's a profit margin of about 0.7% ? That's virtually nothing! Or do I have the cat by the tail here?

Terrible return on capital! Bizarre that the Swires haven't sold CX off yet. Go look at the money Swire properties earn per dollar invested in comparison.

Dairy farming in a mad cow zone probably pays better!

Bob Hawke
14th Aug 2014, 13:52
Oh, no sharp edge, it goes to maintenance, property rentals, catering, insurances, financing, go kart premium racing. The thing is they're all owned by Swires, not Cx. Milk the cash cow. Have you worked it out now?

missingblade
15th Aug 2014, 04:59
Swire propertjes interim result - $ 3.78 BILLION profit. 10 times more than CX...

nick murry
19th Aug 2014, 12:13
Yeah Rod, I LOL-ed at that line too :ugh::ok:

Just Do It
19th Aug 2014, 16:04
How do you mask over capacity? With a celebration !

Starting with 2014 Fanfare tickets at a 100 HKD each.

How do you think the Friday report is going to start this week?

"It's been another disappointing week with low yield and the sales teams are trying to figure out why.....":ugh:

4 driver
20th Aug 2014, 18:02
Oil is at a nine month low.
They don't mention that do they ?