View Full Version : New Deal on BACE salaries.

The Little Prince
26th May 2002, 21:38
So, what do we think? In fact, does anyone have any details ? :rolleyes:

Can anyone explain precisely what duty changes we are able to reject, or what we get paid for accepting them? ?

Or, who is getting a payrise?

Or, what the duty pay rate is? (same as our Brymates for example?), and what proportion of this is taxed?

Or, whether we are going to keep our pension scheme, or be given a Permanent Health and Private Health scheme like the Brymates?

Lots of questions, not many answers.

FL245
27th May 2002, 16:52
Dear 'The Little Prince'

I think this topic would be best served in the CitiExpress Forum, where in fact a thread on this topic in running!

The Little Prince
27th May 2002, 20:16
You are entitled to think and say whatever you like - however, I don't see fit to join a non-anonymous forum. This is not the spirit that Pprune started in.
However, whatever the rights and wrongs of that, why can I not start a discussion here - are you afraid that the industry will laugh at us, when they see the deal Chris Darke has secured for us? (and yes, I voted for John F.):eek: :eek:

FL245
27th May 2002, 20:19
you work away old boy, I am not worried in the least what others think....

Capt. Horrendous
27th May 2002, 20:40
Prince, come on in, it's not that bad you know. You can always get a new handle if you have skeletons in the cupboard !!

Connect
30th May 2002, 08:43
Well done BALPA. First we get screwed by the Company and now by you. The new basic Jet Fleet salary scales are a reduction on our old scales. Since pensions are based on the basic we will be worse off in retirement! Well done!

Captain H, you are turning into an organ for the management. Stop it please.

Hand Solo
30th May 2002, 14:27
Well thats what Chris Darke does for you! Vote Frohnsdorff.

Bigpants
4th Jun 2002, 07:39
I am inclined to agree with TLP on this because there are many who would be geniunely interested in the latest deal for BACE but who are not privvy to their own site.
Some open debate on this would be worthwhile because there are two common denominators in this thread, BALPA and BA management. As a BAR pilot soon to be sent packing I like to keep an eye on what BALPA is up to and I certainly advise anyone newly enrolled within BA to treat any management initiatives with deep distrust.
BP

Quasimodo
5th Jun 2002, 17:16
Connect

Looking at the BRAL payscales, they start at year B (for basic) and that as I see it equates to year 1 on the BACX scales. Thus if you were a BRAL captain on year 4, that would mean you would be BACX year 5 - and for me that is a payrise (small I accept) then on top of that you get FDP (again small I accept). But at least its better than remaining on a pay freeze - or so my bank manager tells me !!!

As for the difference with Brymon payscales I have no idea. I only hope some benefit is obtained by them, however small.

Regards

Q. :cool: :cool:

brain fade
5th Jun 2002, 21:16
Quasi, yeah, but what if you are a bral jet sfo. the extra thousand is stopping so if you go to the new BACE contract you get a lower salery but maybe the duty pay will help, come october. or you stay on your old, higher salery which means that only one of you on the flight deck is picking up duty pay.
spose i'll just wait 'til it drops through the letterbox and see:confused:

Land ASAP
10th Jun 2002, 14:39
Salery, celery, salary? Crudite pay was phased out in the eighties dear boy.