PDA

View Full Version : minimum rest

whoop.whoop
26th May 2002, 21:15
EI managment want to impose 10 hours as a minimum rest what are other carriers using?

Is this the industry norm?

Flying Clog
27th May 2002, 10:47
12 hours. 11 hours if HOTACing.

moleslayer
27th May 2002, 10:58
The 11 hours includes 30min journey each way, i.e. 10 hours actually in hotel.

Denti
28th May 2002, 10:56
Minimum rest is 11 hours, if you have a flight duty time in excess of 11 hours, minimum rest is 13 hours. For a flight duty time greater than 12 hours the minimum rest becomes 15 hours. Within 7 days you have to get at least 36 hours consecutive rest time, if flown (standby counts as flown in this respect) for 5 consecutive days that becomes two full days (48 hours, starting at midnight after the fifth day on duty).

Thats all dba and i don't think the guys from easyjet will like that.

Denti

FlapsOne
29th May 2002, 19:56
At EZ

Min rest is the greater of:

12 hours - can be reduced to 11 if in hotac within 30 mins of airport.

or

A period equal to the previous day's duty if more than 12 hours.

Note this refers to duty hours not flight duty hours. So if you've been flying, positioning and then 'officing' you add it all together and that is the min rest period.

There are a few other minor variations but essentially that's it.

Denti

Does it matter whether the guys at EZ like it or not? If necessary they will change it!

Alpine Flyer
9th Jun 2002, 11:24
minimum is 8 hrs rest + 2 hrs transit
more if duty exceeds 8 hrs

Austria (pretty much the same for all companies)

Groundhog Night
9th Jun 2002, 12:08
FlapsOne

Your reply to Denti smacks of management attitude, displaying both arrogance and ignorance!:mad:

FlapsOne
11th Jun 2002, 09:25
Groundhog Night

It's not arrogant, ignorant or 'management attitude'...it's fact.

In any business, if company A buys company B it will be company A that determines what procedures/terms and conditions prevail. In the case of a foreign company, of course, national legal regulations must also be respected.

Please don't direct such offensive comments at me for simply stating a corporate fact.

Denti
11th Jun 2002, 10:45
FlapsOne, you're right about that. But the last thing i heard was that dba will continue to fly under its own AOC as a german company (easyjet germany) if easyjet still wants to buy it next year (from our management on the dba-intranet).

In that case the pilot union has something to say 'cause about 80% of the pilots are union members and we have already a working condition contract and a pay-contract between union and company.

Denti

seat 0A
11th Jun 2002, 13:18
11 hrs in the hotel and 12 hrs at home

Groundhog Night
12th Jun 2002, 06:51
FlapsOne

Does it matter whether the guys at EZ like it or not? If necessary they will change it!

This is offensive too! A corporate fact.:rolleyes:

Denti has explained why it is ignorant and it is certainly arrogant!

aw ditor
13th Jun 2002, 20:58
If you are in the UK, get a copy of the latest CAP371 from "Cheltenham".:o