View Full Version : Alitalia to become 'sexiest airline in Europe': Hogan

CaptainProp
11th Aug 2014, 15:28
"We are going to embrace the culture, we are going to embrace the team at Alitalia. We are very keen to rebuild the brand."

Oh dear.... I hope he knows what he's getting himself in to....

Alitalia to become..... (http://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/alitalia-to-become-39sexiest-airline-in-europe39-402548/)

Capetonian
11th Aug 2014, 15:54
One of my pet hates is the use of the word 'sexy' in a business context. It should be used in the context of ...... a woman.

A company I worked for once employed some w..... firm of consultants and we were given a presentation where the word sexy was bandied about with gay abandon, prompting me to ask if we were running a whorehouse.

BOAC
11th Aug 2014, 15:59
"Alitalia to become 'sexiest airline in Europe' " - that must be why Sr Berlusconi (bring me another one, this one's torn) is going to be CEO.

Denti
11th Aug 2014, 16:06
Wonder what "sexy" entails. Is it siniking billions of euros into it and still have it generating hundreds of millions of losses per year same as with Air Berlin?

BOAC
11th Aug 2014, 16:35
Well, it turns the Italians on.

Pace
11th Aug 2014, 16:46
Oh well maybe they are intending to use topless cabin crew female please :E

TCAS FAN
11th Aug 2014, 16:49
Pace

Bearing in mind their new shareholder, the girls will be - under their burkhas!!!

paully
11th Aug 2014, 17:29
They will be changing the name to Air Bunga-Bunga......:D

retrosgone
11th Aug 2014, 17:29
Well Mr Hogan wants them to focus on service. Given that, for the past 4 decades, Alitalia staff have had a laser like focus on serving only their own narrow self interest, he could face an uphill struggle. Still - someone had to take on the challenge of introducing them to the real world. Good luck!

jensdad
11th Aug 2014, 18:16
...for the past 4 decades, Alitalia staff have had a l@ser like focus on serving only their own narrow self interest,

Don't tar them all with a broad brush. I once had to get back from Rome to the UK urgently because of a family illness. This was in 1997 just a few days after the Umbria earthquake. All flights were full. guys on the Alitalia desk at Fiumicino pulled out all the stops to get me back at short notice.

Capetonian
11th Aug 2014, 18:30
I used to fly AZ a lot between JNB and NBO/ROM. Tatty old DC10s. Multiple landings ..... bounce bounce bounce .... great food, lousy service, and usually empty between NBO and JNB.

They wrecked a brand new Samsonite on a trip to ROM. I got the usual PIR and was sent to the sale office to claim for a new one. Point blank refusal, hostile reception. I asked to speak to the manager and said I'd be complaining on my return to their CPT sales manager, Mr. 'X', and as I was in the travel industry I'd make sure the word was spread.

"Ah, you know Franco ........ ees my frend ........." I was given a letter to go to a fancy store in Rome, buy any suitcase I wanted, bill to Alitalia, and upgrade to F on way home.

No wonder they've never made money, what a pathetic excuse for an airline. At one time they were operating about 5 different a/c types just on LIN-FCO.

Just a spotter
11th Aug 2014, 19:56
Alitalia to become 'sexiest airline in Europe'Hmmm ... hasn't that niche already been tried .... ?

Virgin Atlantic Still Red Hot after 25 Years - YouTube

Virgin Atlantic's Sexy New T.V. Add (James Bond Style) - YouTube

even the entry level has been covered off ...

Beds and blowjobs - YouTube

willy wombat
12th Aug 2014, 16:08
Thanks for the videos Mr (or Ms) Just a Spotter. You've made my afternoon.