PDA

View Full Version : Alternative to SIW

Tone
10th Aug 2014, 17:25
I was just about to load SIW onto a 'puter to do some ferreting only to find that gtopala have killed orf the free version. Are there any alternatives? Useful features would be
OS type & license no.
Installed applications & license numbers
Processor type & speed
Memory size & type
HDD size
MB type
.. that sort of stuff

Ant
10th Aug 2014, 21:48
Piriform (the nice people who brought you Ccleaner) do Speccy (https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download) which will do much of what you want.

jimtherev
10th Aug 2014, 21:48
Speccy gives most of this stuff and a whole lot more... and it is free

Avtrician
11th Aug 2014, 09:13
Belarc advisor may be what you are after.

It shows all software and licences,
Network connection devices,
Security update status and loads more

Oh,

and it is free...

lomapaseo
11th Aug 2014, 13:54
It shows all software and licences,

while I like Belarc, it didn't show me a license key for the card game Hand-n-Foot yesterday when I was trying to reload it. It simply showed that it was installed on the machine

Tone
11th Aug 2014, 18:34
Tried Belarc advisor and it did the job, thanks for all the replies. Apparently the 2011 (free) version of SIW is still around if you can find it.

Don't you just hate those sites which give you 27 'download' options, non of which are the one you want and most of which will cause untold naughtiness if clicked. Rant off.

Avtrician
12th Aug 2014, 10:30
:ok::ok::ok:

Cameronian
13th Aug 2014, 17:50
My uninformed opinion, based only upon having used it all every week for years, is that all of the Piriform stuff is great, provided one doesn't become too cavalier with the contents of one's registry.