PDA

View Full Version : EU passport vs EU work permit

Cedarjet80
9th Aug 2014, 23:07
Hello mates,
I was wondering what European airlines do not state in their requirements, when hiring pilots,that the applicant has to hold an EU passport, and are only satisfied by an EU residency + work permit.
Any help?

Hagop
10th Aug 2014, 12:55
What I usually see in their requirements more likely looks like this: "must have the legal right to live and work in the EU"

I guess having the residency and work permit are enough to get considered for a flying job in Europe.

PS: Do you fly for MEA?

dera
10th Aug 2014, 13:04
And don't forget the difference between EU and Schengen, regarding immigration policies.
It might also depend on your "EU residency" status, is it temporary or permanent. I'm sure 2 year temporary resident/work permit is not what the airlines mean by having an EU passport. Permanent residency might be.

C-141Starlifter
10th Aug 2014, 16:09
I have permanent residency but i am ineligible for some EU carriers. This residency is due to marriage. Some countries require my wife, an EU passport holder, to move to the country of employment and me follow as trailing spouse. Only then will i be able to work...
This has been limiting for me. I am working on my EU passport now...

Cedarjet80
10th Aug 2014, 20:48
I have a permanant residency and work permit with the EU option, that actually makes things easier when it comes to moving between countries in Europe.
Hagop, no, I do not work for MEA :D

mad_jock
10th Aug 2014, 20:50
That won't work in some of the country's cedar. UK for example.

C-141Starlifter
12th Aug 2014, 17:03
Mad,

True statement. The UK is one country I am unable to work in unless my wife moves there first. Had job offer...
Until I get an EU passport, the UK is out for me!

kirungi1
12th Aug 2014, 18:32
Would that mean it's mandatory to have an EU passport for pilot requirement in the UK? I'll appreciate your specific commentary.

Tom!
30th Aug 2014, 12:19
Sorry but airlines will not sponsor you for an EU workpermit or visa. If you don't have the right to work in the EU you can forget about it, even with an EASA license.

mad_jock
30th Aug 2014, 13:42
Nope you don't need a EU passport you need a UK work permit.

How you get one of them I really don't know.

And some company's will sponsor you as long as you have a skill which they can't get from anywhere else.

First officers are like dog poo. You have no chance