PDA

View Full Version : 25 Years this August 24th

Captain Sherm
4th Aug 2014, 22:25
Good morning

Suffice it to say as a preface to this thread that many aspects of the industry we have now are in no small way the product of a disfunctionally arranged pilot fraternity. Disunity is perhaps the kindest word.

To avoid annoying those who might get annoyed I won't request or post details of gatherings to mark 25 years of history which comes up this August 24th.

However, please PM me if you would like to know what's on or to give details I could pass on off the pages here so we don't have this degenerate.

It may well be finally time for us to seriously consider unity as a working ideal. History provides the lessons. Are we willing students?

Sui generis

Captain Sherm

Wally Mk2
4th Aug 2014, 23:01
'Shermy' unity will never prevail in this industry as it's a totally different animal these days.
Different mentality ( pilots whom where barely children when WW3 was happening & whom are now in the industry), different future (if there is one), different Govt, different players & different union power, all makes for the way of the future right or wrong:-)

It's part of our history now & all that's left from it is things that can be learnt.

Wmk2

Ozdork
5th Aug 2014, 03:46
Good luck.

redned
5th Aug 2014, 06:11
And I will have a minutes silence for the people who were sent broke by the pilots actions in 1989.All the tourist operators who relied on aviation but weren't involved.

Anthill
5th Aug 2014, 10:41
Thanks Redned ( the horse in Midnight).

tail wheel
5th Aug 2014, 11:26
Everyone had their chance in THIS (http://www.pprune.org/pacific-general-aviation-questions/533644-25-years-gatherings-3.html) thread.

Regrettably, the subject is now CLOSED!