PDA

View Full Version : DA42 Spain or Portugal or somewhere else

2nd Aug 2014, 17:01
I'm CPL(A) SEP IR-SE pilot.
I fly for pleasure.
I'd like to get a MEP class rating and an IR-ME on a DA42, preferably in Portugal or maybe Spain, or Greece or any other sunny place.
I want to train on a DA42 because I've not chosen yet my next aircraft, and the DA42 seems to be a good candidate.
I want a sunny place, and a nice school well organized for training, because as I fly for pleasure, I want the entire experience to be pleasant (training, accommodation, administration, etc.)

4th Aug 2014, 09:43
About Egnatia I've read here (http://www.pprune.org/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/279816-egnatia-aviation-greece-8.html) the following
The general attitude of the school to myself and everyone else I knew was that whenever you had serious issues such as not being scheduled to fly/ problems with your instructor/ ground school etc was one of disregard and a lack of respect. Instead of taking you seriously as a paying customer they would almost come across as if they were doing you a favor by even talking to you.
This goes especially for the Head of Training, Chief Flight Instructor and Chief Ground Instructor as well as the Board of Directors.
I'm not looking for a bargain price, I'm looking for a pleasant experience, as I only fly for pleasure.
Any other suggestion would be welcome.

zondaracer
4th Aug 2014, 15:18
Contact CESDA in Reus, Spain (next to Tarragona). August is holiday month so best to wait till September.

paulyp
10th Aug 2014, 11:23
I believe Diamond Aviation in Malta can offer both the MEP & MEIR on the DA42.

M-ONGO
13th Aug 2014, 09:10
Try Griffon Aviation in Cyprus. I believe they are about to receive MEP-IR approval. They operate a DA42 and DA40's.