PDA

View Full Version : Biz Jet Baggage Reconciliatioj

hawkerjet
2nd Aug 2014, 03:12
Hi all,
As an AOC holder operating private jets, our governing authority ( to remain nameless) is requiring us to have a baggage reconciliation program. After 20 some years in the private jet field, I was taken aback initially but now am rolling up my sleeves to take on this project.

Does any private jet operator have such a program and would you be willing to steer me in the right direction as far as procedures and processes go?

For now, this is what I believe… Since ( our) private jets don't have overhead bins and all carry ons must be stowed for take off and landing, I consider that we don't have cabin baggage only what airlines call "hold" luggage. I am thinking of trying to get an exemption from this type of baggage reconciliation

any thoughts:confused:

mutt
2nd Aug 2014, 06:57
I doubt that our main passengers even know how many bags they have with them, after all, thats what butlers are for :)

Gulfstreamaviator
2nd Aug 2014, 07:06
YES SIR..........................

glf

hawkerjet
2nd Aug 2014, 21:57
baggage reconciliation, we don't need no stinking baggage reconciliation,
Oh wait, thats badges….

Desert Budgie
2nd Aug 2014, 22:05
Give the handler company baggage tags (or alternatively use the handlers' tags...they do have them!), have them write the Aircraft Tail Number, airport of departure and destination on each tag and tag each bag.

Alternatively if you're in a situation where you're at an airport where the folks drive straight to the plane from their palace, tag each bag as you haul them onboard.

Count each bag as they are loaded, take note and when you arrive at your destination you can say "20 bags were loaded in JED for this group, 20 were offloaded for the same group...Look, they have tags!"

That's what we do... Sometimes :-/ ...not perfect by any means but at least it looks like we are doing something.

It's a near impossible task in this industry, especially when the bags arrive at the airport ahead of the pax. You're never going to know who they belong to, nor are you ever as most of the passengers are just going to get irritated if you ask them to identify their bags.

In our security manual we have it written that if there is a chance that an extra or unidentified bag MAY have been loaded onto the aircraft, the bags will be offloaded onto the tarmac or onto trollies and each bag must identified by each passenger. That's the only time we state there is a requirement for the pax to identify their own bags.

Good Luck

DB

Salto
3rd Aug 2014, 08:45
That's what we do... Sometimes :-/ ...not perfect by any means but at least it looks like we are doing something.

I like that one. Very well said! Our perfectly regulated world...

hawkerjet
16th Aug 2014, 23:08
Thanks DB, thats a good start….:ok:

peterperfect
17th Aug 2014, 09:59
hawkerjet.
Do you include bags in your weight and balance calcs ?

Perhaps thats a methodology you can modify to include count in and out.

Tinstaafl
17th Aug 2014, 17:25
When the pax arrive:

"Are all these bags yours? Is this everything?"

"Yes"

"Ok!"

----------

After landing:

"Do you have all your bags & belongings? Is anything missing?"

"Yes, and no."

"Ok!"

<go look in aircraft to confirm>

HyFlyer
18th Aug 2014, 12:17
Sadly bureaucracy doesn't do 'simple'.....

They can only understand 'over-complicated' and 'ridiculously, needlessly complicated'.