PDA

View Full Version : ALT

Rim-job
31st Jul 2014, 17:42
Hey guys...

What's happens if your connecting flight (flight #1) onto your EK flight (flight #2) is delayed resulting in you missing your EK ALT flight back (flight #2) to Dubai?

And yes, both are firm seats. No standby tickets.

Are there any repercussions if it results in you not making back to work in time (i.e.: 2 local nights rest before ULR or 12 hours before non ULR)?

Obviously, standby would result in some trouble from Fleet. But if everything was a Firm ticket, am I covered should anything go wrong and delays are incurred?

falconeasydriver
31st Jul 2014, 19:04
Rimjob, as to your first question, I don't know, but regarding being acclimatized….
Feel free to send me a PM :ok:

The Guru
31st Jul 2014, 20:12
I'm almost certain that the 200AED 'no show' fine applies!

In fact, heard of a couple of people recently copping it from Staff Travel for a very similar reason.

Rim-job
1st Aug 2014, 01:21
I'm more curious with Fleets stance on this.

I don't see anywhere in the contract where it says I need to have "x" amount of flights which get me back in advance. As far as I'm concerned, should my Firm ticket plus my ALT get me back in time and it's legal, I should subsequently be ok should something happen and I'm delayed down route.

Just curious if anyone out there has run into any problems similar to this in the past. Or better yet, agree with how I see this. Or maybe I'm alone in thinking this.

irish777
1st Aug 2014, 08:59
I got it in writing from fleet a while back, so long as it's a confirmed ticket (CatC-not wait listed or better) then it's not your fault if you don't get back in time for a duty.

Rich8a10
1st Aug 2014, 10:28
It happened to me once, dont worry just send an email to the FDM explaining the sittuation, They will understand (most of them) that is not your fault.
They will remove your first flight from your roster and you will probably end with some AD or reserves.

Rim-job
1st Aug 2014, 14:10
Thanks Rich,

That was my gut feeling as to how the rules should be applied. Once again, it prob depends on who you get in the FDM office.

harry the cod
1st Aug 2014, 22:08
Unfortunately, one of the better ones is leaving! That person I shall not name, but I do wish her all the best. :sad:

Harry