PDA

View Full Version : Air.Cdr. Colin Cruickshanks

Genghis the Engineer
29th Jul 2014, 22:36
From SETP; I know no more than is here - although it gives an unhappy clue as to his last few years. I'm sure however that I am far from the only person on Pprune to have worked with him. My recollection is of an excellent officer and technically able TP, and certainly he has died far too young.

The Society was saddened to learn that Colin Cruickshanks, Air Commodore AFC* FRAeS RAF (Ret) (M) took his last flight on 21 July 2014 at the age of 69. He is survived by his spouse Lesley and children Joanna and Ian.

A private cremation will be held on Friday, 1 August followed that afternoon by a Service of Thanksgiving at Amesbury Abbey Church at 1 p.m. Family flowers only but, if desired, donations to Parkinson's UK may be sent c/o IN Newman Ltd, 55 Winchester Street, Salisbury, SP1 1HL, 01722 413136.

G

lightningmate
30th Jul 2014, 12:19
Totally shocked to read earlier on the Lightning Pilots' Site of Colin's passing. Colin began his front-line flying on that mighty beast with 5 Sqn at Binbrook.

Hence, I knew him within the Lightning Force and subsequently in the Flight Test world.

We flew together only once and that was in a Jaguar for me to regain type currency. Of course, it was in a Jaguar that Colin had his tp moment when the thing went totally ape whilst completing a demanding test point. Martin Baker to the rescue for Colin and the just arrived OC A Sqn, who was in the back.

A sad loss indeed.

lm

CharlieJuliet
30th Jul 2014, 17:17
Very sad to hear of Colin's way too early passing. First met him on 5 in 67. Commiserations to Lesley and family

Wander00
1st Aug 2014, 18:24
Glass raised tonight to a fellow 88 Entry cadet at the Towers. Gone too soon.

W

DaveW
19th Aug 2014, 11:52
Coming to this late, but I too worked with CC at Boscombe. That's terribly sad news; 69 is no age these days. :(