PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! mail irritation

ExSp33db1rd
26th Jul 2014, 23:32
My ISP, a NZ Telecom company, allied itself to Yahoo ! sometime ago, and Yahoo! have now decided to group e-mails that are “replied” to into so-called “threads”, which I find helpful in some respects, but irritating in others.

I have spent the last few weeks away from home, and still am, reliant on my ISP webmail rather than Thunderbird – many public WiFi outlets won't allow 3rd party e-mail client programmes – and writing to, say ,Tom, Dick, Harry and Fred, all of whom have made comments which appear in chronological order in any particular thread, so far so good, I only have to open one e-mail to see the lot, but …."Harry" made some comments slightly unrelated to a thread subject that I know I may want to refer back to some time in the future, but as it doesn't appear as a stand alone e-mail received I will have to try to remember what that thread subject was about, and when, to be able to find his specific e-mail, rather than re-arrange my e-mail list alphabetically and scan through to his name to check just his old e-mails, as I'm used to doing, to pick out the one I want.

Why do THEY have keep CHANGING things !! Or am I missing something ?

ExGrunt
27th Jul 2014, 07:43
Hi,

I think there is an option to turn off threaded mail in Yahoo. If you look in the top right there is a drop down, one of which is mail options - In my case I switched to basic mail which removes most of the 'enhancements'.

HTH

EG

Capetonian
27th Jul 2014, 08:09
I also dislike 'threaded' email and have it on a couple of my accounts, but it is usually possible to revert to normal.

What I object to even more is others making decisions for me that I should like to make myself!

mad_jock
27th Jul 2014, 08:44
There is also an option to go to basic mail.

Its the dogs danglies, fast does what you want, and just works.

ExSp33db1rd
27th Jul 2014, 22:19
Thanks for the above, I'll investigate.

ExS.