PDA

View Full Version : China Southern Airlines

sjm
26th Jul 2014, 15:02
Anyone actually flying the 777/787 and based in Heathrow care to shed some light on roster and lifestyle on these fleets?
Such as days off/ away, routes and the training for NTR guys. Left seat.

Pm if you prefer.

Regards

ao767
27th Jul 2014, 07:01
I don't think you'll get a reply from anyone with this criteria. The first of the foreign pilots have just checked out on the 787 in the last few weeks after their 3 months of training turned into 8 months. All are commuting to China until a base opens.

sjm
27th Jul 2014, 08:59
Aoa767 thanks

torallin
18th Jul 2015, 20:59
The BASE they advertise is lies. No London base, just a Vancouver base after we waited for 18 months. Take all with a nip of salt.

framer
23rd Jul 2015, 10:53
Heh heh, seriously? Smoke filled cockpits in 2015?
I'm not doubting you but it just seems amazing. Even when I was flying around in Indonesia people rarely smoked in the flight deck and that was years ago. If you tried it here in Australia/ New Zealand that would be the end of your airline career I suspect.

outside limits
23rd Jul 2015, 15:42
Smoking in CSA occurs about 50% of flights for me. If the PIC allows smoking then as a second CPT if FO's want to smoke a 5 min toilet stop including a coffee covers it. I hate it but it is common still in China. Some crew can't even get airborne before lighting up during taxi.

doniedarko
23rd Jul 2015, 15:58
Training pay is 13K and goes to 18K after 6 months for non type rated and 3 months for type rated. Regardless where you are line trained or not !:ok:

mach85
23rd Jul 2015, 19:35
Thats not entirely correct now is it.....

Training pay is not 13K its 400USD per day so ranges from 11200-12400 actually.
The rest you mention is only if/when the new contract gets implemented. Bearing in mind its been going back and forth with CSA management since June, lets not hold our breath for it being implemented anytime soon.

Lets stick to the facts here 👍😄

The Crew
24th Jul 2015, 03:04
If applying for CSA, and you get invited to the assessment day, make sure that CSA is your choice of employer. Once you sit your sim check and medical assessment, these form your actual CAAS licence application. They are held by the airline, and will not be released to another employer. They can be done once only.

Therefore if you prefer to look at other airlines options, after completing a so called interview sim check and medical, I understand you cannot.

This is China.