PDA

View Full Version : Crop Dusting operators

Airmet
25th Jul 2014, 20:16
Hi,
Does anyone have any information on crop-dusting operators,
I know about the S African operators, but I am trying to find some in northern parts of Africa,
I know they are doing crop-dusting in : North western part like Cameroon , Morocco , Mauritania, Mali and also eastern side like Sudan, Egypt, Kenya and Tanzania.
Any info would be appreciated,
Cheers

airlopez
3rd Aug 2014, 16:35
I am also interested.
Nobody Knowns anything about it??

FLEXPWR
5th Aug 2014, 02:17
There used to be a crop-dusting company in Abidjan years ago, I don't know if they're still there. Mainly banana plantations.

Risky job that is, did it for a year, enjoyed the expeience, but I'm glad it's behind me.

rodmur
5th Aug 2014, 14:19
google them

Airmet
5th Aug 2014, 15:11
Not much info on google , or at least not in English language , there might be some in French but I don't speak it

Airmet
5th Aug 2014, 15:14
Flexpwr,
Do you have the name of the operator you worked for or of any operators ?

peterperfect
5th Aug 2014, 20:15
FLEXPWR
You are thinking of Afrique Helicopteres in Abidjan which then became International Aircraft Services (IAS). AKA Volta River Services in Ghana.
Run by the Moreau family. Le patron set the company up in the 50s I think with Bell47s and other ex-mil piston types doing herbi & pesticide work. Now also does offshore oil and gas passenger work along the Gulf of Guinea; his son Hugues Moreau is current MD.
They have resiliently toughed out the industry for many years and weathered coups and all the excitement and challenges Cote D'Ivoire poses.

Airmet, I suggest a google with the above info for current contact details, I think the onshore work is mainly spraying now, but my info is a few years old.

airlopez
14th Aug 2014, 17:14
Strange!!!!!
Anyone know even an operator across Africa? Could mean that there is a good business investment.

Katamarino
15th Aug 2014, 17:43
I met a guy in Khartoum who was looking for crop duster pilots. His airplanes looked a little dodgy though...

drag king
15th Aug 2014, 23:08
There used to be a crop-dusting company in Abidjan years ago, I don't know if they're still there. Mainly banana plantations.

They are still there, I saw them last Jan, parked next to us doing periodic mx. Aircraft looked in good conditions and cared about. I don't have contacts for them (French expats or investors, I guess) but the local flying club is literally on the other side of the hangar's wall. Give them a call.

Alternatively there is a local mx company that works on King Airs and Merlins but I don't remember the name...

Airmet
16th Aug 2014, 18:47
Thanks peterperfect for the info , International Aircraft Services (IAS) has a website , I need to call them and see if I can get some info from them,
That NW area around Ivory Cost might not be desirable at the moment do to the Ebola outbreak.

airlopez,
there are operators across Africa, they are just hard to find , you can search this forum for a list of S African operators, but the ones in the North are hard to find , it might be due to the language barrier .

Katamarino,
I know there are some operators in Sudan, Leena Air Agro Service LTD is one of them and there are one or two more , can't think of their names at the moment,
Do you know the name of the one you saw?

A word of caution, I have heard that there were some " getting paid issues " with one of the Sudanese operators, but don't know witch one.

Still haven't found any info for Morocco , or Cameron , I know that there used to be some French guys spraying in Morocco.

Keep the info coming please,