PDA

View Full Version : PPL reading material

Michael Jeffs
22nd Nov 2001, 02:41
I'm just about to embark on my PPL, is there any reading material I can buy or any ground/theory exams I can take before starting my course?

Thanks for all replies

emu
22nd Nov 2001, 04:11
Buy the Thom Books, Read them inside out. Pass exams. End.

PS Don't Forget - handy for ATPL. Buurp...

prob30
22nd Nov 2001, 14:24
Get the trevor thom books which will give you far more than you need to know. (this should be included by your school if you buy a package)

You also should get the ppl confuser. It is a book of questions which the exam will ask you.

You can, as did I, learn the answers and pass the exams...BUT!! I did this cos i wanted to know if this flying lark was for me. AFter 5 hours flying i was hooked and booked a place on an atpl course. I needed to get through it as quickly as possible. I didnt fly on my ppl liscence until i started atpl which obviously goes far deeper than ppl theory. If you are in this situation organise things a bit and give yourselfy mroe time to do really well at the ppl theory which will help a little for atpl.

If not, read the books well, and keep them for reference. Keep reading after you pass and you will be a better pilot. If it all goes guava shaped a bit of knowledge may save the day. Enjoy it!!

whydontugetalife
23rd Nov 2001, 23:40
I used AFE books and the confuser and passed all in 2 weeks from first opening the book to last exam. goodluck