PDA

View Full Version : easyJet LIS/OPO/AMS

zumzum
24th Jul 2014, 13:25
HI guys,
as I've been contacted by a number of guys regarding the new easyJet bases in Portugal and Holland I would like to give you some facts that might help your decision making:

LIS/OPO (5 A/C - 2 A/C)
You will operate on a full FRV (Flexible roster) with 132 D/O per year.
In facts this translates on mostly 5 Days on, 2 Days Off (sometimes 3). There is no minimum D/O per month. That means, potentially you could work a lot in summer and less in winter. Nowadays easyJet tends to crew bases with the minimum number of pilots. In my experience, I've been working very hard all year around with no chance to commute.

Your sickness will be payed at 30% your basic salary.

You will be locked in base from 3 to 5 years depending on who you are (CPT; F/O Direct Entry or not etc...)

All the figures that easyJet gives you (are all potential numbers- will be taxed at 50% or more -my max has been 54%- between tax and social security)

CPT expect 6K
SFO expect 3.5K
All average.

The reason behind the fact that now they are accepting non TR pilots is because they are seriously struggling to crew the portuguese bases with easyJet pilots (nobody wants to go) and external A320 rated pilots (of those few that apply, a very little number passes the assessment).

Regarding AMS:
Conditions are similar to the money and roster we have in Portugal but I don't have official figures because the base has just been announced.
easyJet expects EZY dutch pilots will be attracted by the opportunity to go back home after years of commuting.
CPT (I've heard) total monthly salary, after taxes, about 6/6.5K.
But is just guesswork...

My take is: at the moment RYR offers better conditions: on same salary figures they offer a 5/4 roster to everyone.

Iver
24th Jul 2014, 14:14
The slide continues!

RAT 5
24th Jul 2014, 14:24
Surely ez would need to offer a competitive package to at least Corendon. EZ is a big player in the market place and needs to stand up to that status. Schiphol has only a few players and ez should not been seen as the poor relation. They are orange after all. It's taken them long enough to get there: don't be penny wise & pound foolish.
Are they still the 2nd largest user, by flights, after KLM? If so then even more the reason to stand tall.

cgwhitemonk11
24th Jul 2014, 18:54
Any idea how much the type rating costs and wether there is any chance to get a bond?

I applied under the 1500TT and 500hr multi crew bracket but I actually have a zero hours A320 TR in my back pocket and wondering if they could use it to quicken the process if I got through?

Arewerunning
25th Jul 2014, 04:47
If the numbers above are correct I 'd like the flexi contract pls...

Anybody knows If offered a ams base how long one must stay there?

DutchExpat
25th Jul 2014, 06:17
I would be very surprised if easy cannot fill the base with internal Dutch applicants. There is over 300 Dutch in the company I believe and only 3 A/C to staff.....

EPST
25th Jul 2014, 06:56
A little update with regards to the AMS T&C:

The base freeze for capt:
5 years for DEC
2 years for easyjet internal transfer
3 years for command upgrade

Base freeze for SO/FO/SFO:
3 years
2 years for easyjet internal transfer

The captain salary figure mentioned earlier 6/6.5k is a little optimistic.
Basic pay isn't really basic as the 8% holiday pay we get according Dutch law will be included in there, and so is the 5% pension contribution. Holiday pay and bonuses will be taxed at the highest rate you're paying on your normal salary so for us that will be 52%.

Average takehome will be:
Capt: E5500
SFO: E3500
FO: E3000
SO: E2500

Also remember it will be on a FRV132 roster so only 11 D/O a month. And it's basically a copy of the Portuguese contract although cost of living in NL is much higher. Besides the high taxes (which they also have in Portugal) all additional benefits will be taxed at 52%, schooling has to be paid for, we have expensive health insurance, road taxes are high, VAT just went up and cost in living in the western part of our little country is fairly high as well!

To give you an indication the captain salaries (after tax) for the rest of the airlines in The Netherlands:
EZY: Estimated at E5500
Corendon: E7000
Arkefly: E6500
Transavia: E7500
KLM: I don't even go there :P

Just my 2 cents...

zumzum
25th Jul 2014, 09:42
Thanks EPST.

As I said I was just guessing...
easyJet is a slowly sinking ship regarding T&C...unfortunately...:mad:

INeedTheFull90
25th Jul 2014, 09:47
Remember "we're not Ryanair". Yet.

wind check
25th Jul 2014, 10:11
EZY: Estimated at E5500
Corendon: E7000
Arkefly: E6500
Transavia: E7500
KLM: I don't even go there :P

Yep and what about Airberlin, wizzair and vueling? :E

wind check
25th Jul 2014, 10:19
Please guys do not cry for your crappy conditions, you have let the CTC virus destroy the pilot jobs and conditions in easyJet, zero hour low paid cadets, flexicrew contracts, parc aviation contractors. It is now to late!!!

Remember, "if you are late, we wont wait". :E

safelife
25th Jul 2014, 13:52
Air Berlin? I take home like 6500. As FO.

wind check
25th Jul 2014, 16:30
For 900hrs a year and after german income tax? So you'll have to explain me why your A320 captains make 4500€/month after all german taxes and income tax!!!:D

EAM
25th Jul 2014, 20:16
If you are 15 years with Air Berlin and still have the old LTU contract, but then you would be CPT in any other company making a lot more. :}

iancud
25th Jul 2014, 20:30
A LIS base is something that would interest me, but seems to have disappeared on the EasyJet website. Only AMS, OPO and NAP are listed.

I'm non-TR (all my 4800 hours are on boeings), but it still specifies Type-rated only. Do you think this may change?

Thanks.

Leg
25th Jul 2014, 22:53
Rat 5, your first mistake is you are viewing T & C's from the recipients viewpoint :=

Easy beancounters will wear being 'bottom of the T & C's league table' as a badge of honour, but they would call it the top of the table as in best cost savings.

Easy boys n gals have brought all this on themselves anyway, Balpa :yuk:

Denti
26th Jul 2014, 11:36
@windcheck and EAM, your figures are very out of date for air berlin. The figure quoted from wind check would be true for a junior mainline captain flying 50% part time, a junior to middle sector Dash 8 captain or a senior Austrian captain. Or a medium term FO at the main line or an entry level FO in Switzerland.

However according both to our union and our company we shouldn't discuss exact figures in public.

Dct_Mopas
26th Jul 2014, 16:19
Easy boys n gals have brought all this on themselves anyway, Balpa

Hmmm, so EZY pilots and BALPA have brought about the contracts in OPO, AMS & NAP have they? A British based pilot union cannot have much of a say what so ever about the contracts offered in other countries, thats the issue with a European wide airline. The NAP contract is being dealt with by the Italian union (or attempting to) but AMS for example is a new contract applicable in Holland.

The only thing BALPA can honestly do is tell its British members not to sign up for a transfer, and EZY pilots can only follow this advice. The rest is actually down to the local unions in Holland and those DEP's who end up applying for the positions not filled internally.

It's quite easy to point fingers isn't it 'Leg', but at least back up your accusations.

EPST
26th Jul 2014, 18:43
Just a little update with regards to the NAP contract:

Our union (ANPAC) tried to negotiate T&C for the NAP base. This would mean same T&C, same pay but a different roster since 5454 isn't sustainable with only 3 a/c. However, ezy refused to negotiate anything or give anything in return.

After months our union simply said "well in that case we stop negotiating coz this doesn't bring us anywhere". EZY on their turn then said: "Okay so this is the contract. It's not according Italian CLA but we go ahead with what's on the table".

Very unfortunate....My guess is that ezy hopes a lot of the flexi guys will take it, or Alitalia pilots who are about to be sacked.....

Our union is okay with a random roster, but if you work people 26 days more a year (difference between frv132 and 5454) then there should at least be a financial compensation for the extra days worked. Union has a meeting about this matter 5th of august, and I know a lot of MXP/FCO guys are ready to strike on this one! If we let them get away with these T&C in NAP they will do the same thing in any other base in the future.

Leg
26th Jul 2014, 22:43
Mopas, it all had to start somewhere! I was actually responding to wind checks comment re CTC, that's where the rot set in and gave the beancounters cart blanche, comprehendi? :=

dirk85
29th Jul 2014, 11:43
PFO email just received from EZY for OPO base. Even quicker than expected.

About 2000 total, 1500 of which medium business jet, non type rated.

Good luck to all of those still in the game.

Leo45
29th Jul 2014, 13:44
Same for me! PFO, Non type-rated, with 8700 hours of which 1700 hours are PIC on medium bizjets.

Best of luck for those still in the race.

A400M
29th Jul 2014, 15:17
+1 same for me.
5000H TT
Non type rated

Maybe they don't need NTR pilots...

seven3
29th Jul 2014, 15:44
PFO email just received from EZY for OPO base. Even quicker than expected.

Did you receive the PFO mail from this address [email protected] ?

Seems strange isn't !?

dirk85
29th Jul 2014, 20:19
Yes, same address, but the email looks authentic.

Will check the application page just to be sure, but not holding my breath.

A400M
29th Jul 2014, 20:52
The mail is authentic. I have received the same (same email address) in the last recruitment process in 2013...

RAT 5
30th Jul 2014, 09:33
The NAP contract is being dealt with by the Italian union (or attempting to) but AMS for example is a new contract applicable in Holland.

The only thing BALPA can honestly do is tell its British members not to sign up for a transfer, and EZY pilots can only follow this advice. The rest is actually down to the local unions in Holland and those DEP's who end up applying for the positions not filled internally.

This might be a 'horse & cart' or 'chicken & egg' situation. I have difficulty deciding which to use. To join the Dutch VNV you might need to be operating for a Dutch company and then join the union. So to operate for ez AMS you need to accept the contract then you can join the union to complain about it. Or are you saying that the VNV could argue against the contract BEFORE it has any members employed on said contract: or can prospective pilots join VNV before being employed?

dboy
30th Jul 2014, 10:36
This HR team is very strange. I applied for 2 different positions. For 1 i got a pfo letter. For the other they invited me to do online test.:bored:

nicob
30th Jul 2014, 11:13
Pfo for one, online assessment for another as well

marghe83
30th Jul 2014, 11:27
are u guys type rated or not?

dboy
30th Jul 2014, 11:54
No not rated. 3200tt 2800h on bizz jet.

nicob
30th Jul 2014, 12:54
me neither.
went through online test last year, successful after interview in Luton but negative after sim ride....

3500 Turbo Prop, 2000 PIC

seven3
30th Jul 2014, 13:00
The mail is authentic. I have received the same (same email address) in the last recruitment process in 2013...
Ok.

Pfo for one, online assessment for another as well
Same here.
But I'm not sure this is the same HR team. The first position is OPO which is EJ UK, the second one is GVA which is EJ Swiss.

What is the online test like ? General Knowledge & type specific and ATPL questions ?

successful after interview in Luton but negative after sim ride....
What was the sim used ? A320 ?

Aquafina1
30th Jul 2014, 18:05
PFO for me for the NTR OPO FO position yesterday.

Invitation to online tests email received today for general NTR FO position I guess.

Did those tests in April 2013. Wasn't good enough for them then and won't be this time either I'm sure but I'll do them again none the less!

1500TT, 1250 P2 on turbo props <10,000kg, NTR.

Anunaki
30th Jul 2014, 18:55
I am sorry to go off a little bit and by asking a stupid question.

On the add for EJ swiss,they state in the requirements;

First Officers with the following minimum requirements can apply :

ab-initio candidates from an approved easyJet training organisation
if not type rated on the Airbus A320
500 flight hours multi-crew aeroplane and a minimum of 1500 flight hours in total and current
if type rated on the Airbus A320 :
500 flight hours on the A320 and a minimum of 1000 flight hours in total and current

Now, am I the only one who's confused here? ab-initio with 500 flight hours multi-crew and 1500 total is not necessarily a ab-initio is it?is it me or they finally open up to many CPL holders out there not in tagged schemes?I would appreciate your views and comments on this matter :ok:

Skyjob
30th Jul 2014, 20:12
The first position is OPO which is EJ UK, the second one is GVA which is EJ Swiss

Having worked in Switzerland, I can say that if you are a family man, the Swiss taxman is very forgiving...
For instance you pay less tax the more children you support, just a thought should so apply

cgwhitemonk11
31st Jul 2014, 09:26
Just completed the online tests but there is nowhere to select 'Finished' or 'Completed'. Do I just accept that all 7 tests with a green tick beside them means easy-jet will receive the results?

Disregard above just got email confirmation that I completed the tests successfully, anyone looking for insight come on it is a competitive process so don't expect any hints but it is essentially the same as the Are Lingus tests last year. Expect to take around an hour to complete.

Also can anyone please shed any light on the TR costs, where it is carried out, pay during the training (if any?!) etc. and when they would expect you to come up with the cash? :{

Mile High Nutcase
31st Jul 2014, 10:47
Just curious to see if anyone has completed the online tests. what type of questions?, time limits?

bobbins
31st Jul 2014, 15:05
With regard to easyJet Swiss, does anybody know if different entry levels (SO/FO/SFO) are likely to be available in this recruitment, dependent on experience, or will everybody come in as Second Officer?

Also, how is time to command looking at the moment and into the foreseeable? Much expansion likely?

Cheers.

Griego
1st Aug 2014, 12:34
the test are already described in the thread back in 2013. I believe they are the same. 2 questionnaires, and the rest is time limited. With preparation included about 2 hours. 1 week to complete all. Probably again 1 chance at 100 to make it but better than no chance at all

speedrestriction
1st Aug 2014, 19:44
Last year approx 80 recruits from 4,000 applications. 1 in 50.

CW247
2nd Aug 2014, 07:16
What kind of an idiot designs a recruitment system where you have to perform THE SAME assessments 3 times for job opportunities at 3 different bases? This is exactly what I've been asked to do and easy HR being faceless does not respond to emails and is not contactable on the phone so I can explain this idiocy.

RAT 5
2nd Aug 2014, 08:48
Have you tried e-mailing direct to the horse's mouth; at the very top; the person ultimately responsible? Amazingly, as a pax, I did and received a very polite and reasoned reply from her.

Griego
2nd Aug 2014, 10:32
cw247, you slipped under the radar since I got an email about the same. Telling me that I will be assigned to only one of the 3 bases. The other 2 got rejected/removed. I am not happy with that assigned one they will give you chance to another one. That said, first you have to get to end of the selection anyway. Good luck to all

Superpilot
3rd Aug 2014, 08:48
I'm hearing your CV is only examined in detail if you pass the online assessment. Anyone know if that's true?

Griego
3rd Aug 2014, 10:14
"We are pleased to inform you that you have successfully completed the online assessment which is the first stage of the recruitment process. Your application and CV will now be screened for evidence of the competences that are critical to success in a pilot role."

It makes sense. The online test is automated, it safes them the time looking at cv s of guys they don t need. Rejection before looks
like they reached the numbers of applicants. Anyone to comment?

Griego
3rd Aug 2014, 14:49
yes, it is crap and yes last year I passed the assessment as well, got a nice (automated) email. Then 2 months later an other email :

"Thank you for your application for the position of First Officer at easyJet, and congratulations on reaching the second stage of the application process.

We have now reviewed the application that you completed and unfortunately your CV does not demonstrate the evidence of the minimum requirements for the position. This does not mean that you do not have the relevant skills that we are looking for, we were just not able to find the relevant evidence in the CV to support the to the standard required.

Thank you for your interest in easyJet."

So proof enough that Easyjet changed the order of application into minimum effort for HR by automation.

Superpilot, my attitude is not any happier this year than it was last year about this selection game.

A4
3rd Aug 2014, 15:17
If you get 4000 applications......are you going to read every single one before applying an automated filter? It comes down to practicalities. It's not like they've got to skim 10 applicants for 2 places.......

It may not be perfect but......

Binder
3rd Aug 2014, 15:37
The reality is that you are involved in a numbers game where the numbers aren't yet known.

ej don't know how many fo's will move to BA. Nor do they know how many internal pilot's will move to the new bases from their very good European contracts.

Advertising externally is also a lever for those who are undecided and ej know this. Especially so for newly qualified Commanders who may be offered a new base (with associated time freeze) and "if you don't seriously consider it blogs we have many DEC applicants ready to start"

There may also be pressure on numbers at individual bases where a/c are planned to be re deployed to the new bases.

Dumping somebody at an advanced stage in the selection may be a reflection of the shifting requirement. Sadly I doubt if those running the process give it a second thought.

turbine100
3rd Aug 2014, 21:13
Should you assume if you didnt get the automated email after taking test regarding passing. The automated recruitment workflow screened you out.

Superpilot
4th Aug 2014, 00:12
Thanks Griego. Good luck this time around.

dboy
4th Aug 2014, 09:39
Hi

Finally today i ve found the time to do my online test since i was on the road the whole week. My deadline is now wednesday.

So i logged in without any problem. Then i was redirected to the application and tried to log in with the exact same details. Guess what? The system said my username and pasword were not matching. Tried several times and always the same problem.

Someone else got the same issue?

aerocomp
4th Aug 2014, 13:58
Have got two mails telling me to do the online test,got one last wednesday and the other one on friday.
Did the test from one of these mails and got the answer that I have successfully sent in the test. But do I need to do the other test I received on the first mail as well?

nicob
4th Aug 2014, 14:07
To my mind unless you get their (positive or negative) answer by mail with in the next 10 15 minutes, there seems to be an issue....
Personnally i got the answer no longer than 10 mn later

Arewerunning
4th Aug 2014, 19:16
Hi guys,

Anybody care to post the one engine out procedures for MAN 05L/R 23L/R and LGW 08L/R 26L/R for easyjet?

Thank you

speedrestriction
5th Aug 2014, 08:13
Arewerunning,

Why?

Arewerunning
5th Aug 2014, 08:21
For the sim assessment...

nicob
5th Aug 2014, 08:23
they do give you everything you need for the sim ride, ....don't worry

dboy
5th Aug 2014, 08:24
Hi

I finally could the test. The verbal reasoning was :mad:.

But i got recently a second mail to do the test and i am able to do them again. All very strange.

And no, i did not get an email 15 min after doing these. Should i be worried?

THRILLSEEKER
5th Aug 2014, 10:10
MAN 05L

NON STD

D5 MCT left turn 270 D10 MCT left turn MCT

Hold MCT 233 left turns.

MAN 23L

STD

1700 left trun MCT

Hold MCT 053 Left turns

LGW I can't remember from memory but they are STD.

ie. 1500ft above the aerodrome L/R turn to the EO hold.

Arewerunning
5th Aug 2014, 13:12
@THRILLSEEKER
Thank you

dboy
5th Aug 2014, 13:13
How long did you guys have to wait for the email regarding the online assessment?

seven3
5th Aug 2014, 13:30
Apparently some guys had to wait 15' (those who did the test before receiving the second email) and a friend of mine had to wait 2 days.

REMAX11
7th Aug 2014, 10:31
I joined easy (with Parc, few month ago) fas DEC in Lis and I received an offer for cpt in Napoli with min 3yrs stay.

Even though, going back to Italy, is my top priority(MXP or FCO) Napoli is far from it....

I politely refused. My alternative offer was to go for 6th month and then move...

They said they'll think about it.

Cheers

turbine100
7th Aug 2014, 15:33
I passed the test, am type rated and today had the rejection email.

dboy
7th Aug 2014, 15:50
Turbine100

:eek: thats all i can say.

Im still waiting for my results of the test, but i guess it will be negative.

Tontito
7th Aug 2014, 18:05
I joined easy (with Parc, few month ago) fas DEC in Lis and I received an offer for cpt in Napoli with min 3yrs stay

You should have a base freeze in LIS as a DEC!
AMS/NAP/OPO will be offered for internal transfer and to all 300+ F/Os on the command upgrade list before it will be offered to DECs.
DECs in AMS/NAP very unlikely to happen. OPO maybe, depending on the number of LIS F/Os who are ready for upgrade and willing to move to OPO.
DEC recruitment is only carried out to push internal tranfers/upgrades to accept lower T&C's

Griego
9th Aug 2014, 08:52
Someone already got an invitation for interview? Or how long would the wait be?

dirk85
9th Aug 2014, 13:34
Applied like 10 days ago for Geneva FO not rated, but never got invitation for online test... :confused:

dboy
9th Aug 2014, 13:50
Dont worry, for most of us a waist of time.

Fiume
9th Aug 2014, 15:20
I applied for NAP and OPO(unintenionally), and i received asessment date in September for OPO. But i would only be willing to go to NAP, so im not sure what to do honestly....ill try to pass the screening and see later if i get it.

squeaker
12th Aug 2014, 05:23
Anyone know what the pay is for DEC in OPO?
Is it a contract or permanent?
Ta

zumzum
12th Aug 2014, 08:20
DEC:
5500Euros
Base freeze 5 years
Flexible roster
Portuguese permanent contract.

squeaker
12th Aug 2014, 11:36
Thanks Zumzum!

trancada
12th Aug 2014, 20:20
Permanent contracts in Portugal looks interesting.

squeaker
12th Aug 2014, 22:28
Sorry is that gross or nett?

melchiot
13th Aug 2014, 04:03
It is the net pay.

Superpilot
13th Aug 2014, 07:53
Performed the online tests around 3 weeks ago. Didn't even get an acknowledgement that I had completed them. Enquired myself, got a reply 5 days later to say results look good indicating I passed but I must wait for official confirmation as the test data appears to have some problems that need to be rectified. Finally, yesterday got the email to say I passed the tests and that now someone (with half a brain at least) will sit down to review the application and CV. Repeat of previous years. It's for a Swiss base which upon greater reflection I have no intention of accepting especially as I live within 1 hour of 3 big EZY bases and have a family to support.

Good luck

dirk85
13th Aug 2014, 12:57
I applied, but never been invited to do the online test... :sad:

Aquafina1
13th Aug 2014, 13:07
I did the online tests last week and got an email today stating I passed and someone would now review my CV etc.

One step better than last year, I didn't pass the tests then.

Not overly interested in a Swiss base either but I doubt I'll make it far enough to have to really consider it :}

dboy
13th Aug 2014, 13:31
:eek: i just also got the mail that i passed the test.

They must have put the benchmark really low.:E

seven3
13th Aug 2014, 13:54
:eek: i just also got the mail that i passed the test.

They must have put the benchmark really low.:E

Ahah =D :ok:

Everyone need a chance ;)

squeaker
13th Aug 2014, 18:19
Bloody online testing. What's wrong with interview/recommendations?

Tripple Click
17th Aug 2014, 20:17
The status of my application changed to "Successful Application" but I haven't received an email stating the same. Has anyone experienced the same?

Peter Pilot
21st Aug 2014, 20:32
Forgive me if I'm missing something but I have looked at the easy web site and it mentions these positions but when you click to search the jobs section nothing appears for pilot jobs. Anybody care to shed some light on this. Never done an online test and an interview for the last 25 years.

Tripple Click
16th Sep 2014, 09:13
Some days ago I have got an invitation for the assessment centre on 8th October. Anyone else here with the same or similar date?