PDA

View Full Version : Full marks to the Cabin Crew

GoldenGem
23rd Jul 2014, 17:33
Hi everyone, I've only joined to say a huge "thank you" to the First Class Cabin Crew and Chaperones of Virgin Atlantic.

My granddaughter aged 13 who lost her Daddy to cancer just three years ago had an invite off a former schoolfriend to visit and stay with her at Los Angeles. Nobody else in the family could afford to go with her but it would have been tragic to deny her the opportunity of such a holiday.

She flew out on VS007 yesterday and at the last minute was upgraded to First Class which she thought was wonderful. Needless to say she thoroughly enjoyed the experience and the Virgin staff looked after her all the way through until they handed her over to her friend's parents who came to collect her at LAX.

I realise cabin crew in all airlines are probably trained to do this but nevertheless I was so grateful to all concerned. Now all I have to do is sweat the flight home in two weeks time - I am terrified of flying. :)

So once again thank you all. :ok:

Mr Mac
23rd Jul 2014, 21:23
Good call to the CSD who perhaps would not know the background story. I assume the young lady was well behaved, and is a credit to her late father. Hope she has a good trip.

Mr Mac

fa2fi
23rd Jul 2014, 21:25
If you get a few minutes then send feedback to VS or even post on their wall. That way you're appreciation will hopefully be fed back to the crew and I'm sure that they would appreciate it :-). I only say that as I don't think there are many current VS crew on here these days and the chances of the operating crew seeing it are pretty slim.

It's a thankless job most of the time but getting some feedback from a happy punter really used to brighten my day.

average-punter
24th Jul 2014, 09:21
I would also take time to fill out the feedback form on the webpage or send in an email. When I was cabin crew this nearly always got fed back to us and they are great to receive and have on your record when going for promotion etc... :-)

GoldenGem
30th Jul 2014, 08:59
Thank you all and I have taken your advice and sent an e-mail to the Customer Relations people at Virgin. :ok: