PDA

View Full Version : 737 ng typed ... whats next?

femaleflyah
23rd Jul 2014, 08:14
hey all!

so i jus finished my type on the 737 ng on my FAA license. Not too high on time.. even though this is my third type rating :/ got the DGCA license current too but havent converted the 737 rating on that yet. What are the chances in the market? India or UAE ?

blue skies !

Wesker
23rd Jul 2014, 19:45
What was your plan before you started the training?

Greenlights
23rd Jul 2014, 19:52
do you have hours on type ? sorry but if not, you won't find a job.

TheBigD
23rd Jul 2014, 22:13
Maybe a 787 type? I'm sure the 4th one will be the charm.................

Capt Apache
24th Jul 2014, 10:01
Don't bother.If you don't go to Africa, they don't like you around here :p

gear up job
24th Jul 2014, 14:01
Get A350 TR. Plenty of work globally!

Iver
24th Jul 2014, 14:16
I thought Russia is now accepting expat pilots....

pfvspnf
24th Jul 2014, 15:34
haha! This is a joke right ? 3rd type rating ? No work ?

kycfi85
26th Jul 2014, 02:48
What exactly is "not too high on time"? How much TT?

SOPS
27th Jul 2014, 18:01
I can't believe what I have just read......:ugh:

Greenlights
27th Jul 2014, 19:42
troll alert guys.

femaleflyah
30th Jul 2014, 11:45
loll .. breathe guys!! this is no troll .

ive had a job before this and thats how got the types... finally self sponsored myself to a bigger jet... TT 500hrs. but now hunting for the airlines.

gearpins
3rd Aug 2014, 02:10
Not much of a chance in the Middle East.
Can try 737 operators in India. Spice jet for one....

AvEnthusiast
3rd Aug 2014, 04:16
No, let's go by numbers. 747, 757, 767, 777, 787 I also have 737 type rating & that's what I'm planning for.

TheBigD
3rd Aug 2014, 16:44
All right, so I will take the troll bait and bite and ask.
Which two type ratings did you get from your employer?

kycfi85
3rd Aug 2014, 16:53
Next step,

go rent an airplane and get some experience. 500TT is brand new to the game.

Metro man
4th Aug 2014, 00:50
Try Lion Air in Indonesia, the regulations constantly change regarding expats but you may get lucky.

femaleflyah
4th Aug 2014, 10:50
gearpins : yeah ive been looking at spice..need to convert my type for that

metroman : lion air is asking for 250hrs minimum on type... last i heard. hope that changes soon!

femaleflyah
4th Aug 2014, 10:56
does anyone know what r the latest requirements for lion air??

twotigers
4th Aug 2014, 11:13
Whats next is nothing.

You made a idiotic decision. You could have applied those ten's of thousands of dollars to building time and experience, flying from small airport to airport to meet with Chief Pilots, and impress them at being serious.

Your choice of buying a type rating with ZERO.. and anything under 1500hrs is ZERO, and under 3000hrs basic flying, has led you here. Poor decision making. I wouldn't hire you.

Took me nearly 5000 of flying pistons and turboprops till someone put me thru a jet course.. I was young.. 28 or so. Years later, I get paid enormous amounts to fly very large jets globally. There is no short cute.

Everyone knows who you are and what you did the second they see your CV.

:=

Capt Apache
4th Aug 2014, 12:29
Sorry I lost the plot :E. Who is the troll here :}

pilotchute
4th Aug 2014, 15:25
Your the troll Apache. How's hanging out at mum and dads going for you? Got an airline job yet?

Capt Apache
4th Aug 2014, 18:55
O yeah.Without having to wander off to distant continents :ouch:

@ female flyah

Spice Jet has been making huge losses.But at the same time they need pilots Only Spice pilots could tell you how many have quit in the last year.They will only take Indian FO's.
I don't know what kind of a bond these companies make you sign.Im sure it is a substantial amount....I had heard it is a huge bond at Lion air, or is it ?

I wouldn't give any money to Spice Jet.Their future looks uncertain.

de facto
4th Aug 2014, 20:45
There is no short cute.
Priceless:E

captseth
4th Aug 2014, 20:46
I know places where one might go with a self funded type and zero experience. But I won't tell you.

pilotchute
4th Aug 2014, 22:33
So you have a job now apache? With a jet or TP operator?

latetonite
5th Aug 2014, 06:12
Go for somewhere where they offer you a command.

Capt Apache
5th Aug 2014, 11:56
Hey femaleflyah,

I hope you are not taking all this to heart.If you choose to wander about like these fly boy vagabonds, you are going to turn up just as sarcastic and frustrated as them in a few years from now.:}

archit1
5th Aug 2014, 12:57
@ female flyah... Jobs are coming in near future for 737 Rated. Spice Jet and Air India should be flashing the ad soon. You need to have Jugaad for getting through the entire process.

pilotchute
5th Aug 2014, 18:10
Femaleflyah,

Apache isn't a pilot. He doesn't understand that nobody pays any attention to what he says.

Capt Apache
5th Aug 2014, 19:38
I am a pilot.The difference is that my job takes me places :cool: And you go to places for a job.:}

pilotchute
5th Aug 2014, 21:23
Apache you are a 200 hour wannabe living in his parents house somewhere in India.

flyboy_nz
6th Aug 2014, 06:38
Femaleflyah, send me $100 and I will tell you exactly how to get to the airlines from where you are :E

Capt Apache
6th Aug 2014, 08:17
:D Pilotchute .The truth is that you don't believe yourself. :p

pilotchute
6th Aug 2014, 11:44
Apache your a tool.

TheBigD
6th Aug 2014, 14:50
For $100 flyboyNZ won't be able to offer you the advice you need to flourish in this industry.

For a one time offer and an awfully low price of $10,000 I can help you out female flyah. Tons of jobs available on 737 for low time pilots without any time on type. Don't miss out on the pilot shortage. $10,000 is a pittance compared to what you will be making a few years from now. Remember seniority is everything in this industry; so the sooner you start the better!!! My Nigerian bank representative, I mean flyboyNZ, will be standing by to take your account information. Again act now, time is limited.
p.s. flyboyNZ equitable split? 50/50?

squarecrow
6th Aug 2014, 15:09
Sorry I thought Tool's were useful

femaleflyah
6th Aug 2014, 16:29
haha.. its funny how some of you get so worked up about this stuff! RELAX TWOTIGERS! :ugh: this is a forum to discuss stuff... not get all hyper about someones lack of experience or choice. Youve clearly been too long in this scene so i think a holiday wil do you good. :ok:

Apache : nahh.. pessimism never bothers me. Im in this for the long run.

And for everyone whose so worried about how i got my two types..firstly thats not the point of this thread. Secondly , u dont know nothing about indian aviation so lets leave it at that. Make peace people, not war!

Lets all be civil here & help if we can okay :)

femaleflyah
6th Aug 2014, 16:39
archit : thankss! yeah im hoping something good turns out from those airlines!

BIGD : your advice is priceless ... u shld get paid for it!!:D

Capt Apache
6th Aug 2014, 17:23
Hate mail is their last resort and my final entertainment :E

New Lion Air Rishworth contract [Archive] - PPRuNe Forums (http://www.pprune.org/archive/index.php/t-523336.html)
Bond: The Airline requires a bond of US$30,000 to join the Program (the Bond). The Bond may either be in the form of a bank guarantee or cash. Cash amounts are held by Rishworth with any interest payable at listed bank rates. Bank guarantees are required to be from an approved bank and be made in favour of Rishworth Aviation. Further details will be provided as necessary.

The Bond (cash) will be refunded or bank guarantee obligations cancelled in favour of the candidate due to; 1. Completion of the assignment period, being 5 years starting from being cleared to fly line operations as Pilot in Command; or 2. The assignment period being terminated early by the Airline without cause, or the DGCA failing to renew license validations. The Bond will be forfeited by the candidate if; 1. The assignment period is terminated before expiry of the 5 years by the candidate; or 2. The candidate's assignment period is terminated by the Airline for reasons including (but not limited to) failure to keep home country license valid, disciplinary reasons, failure to maintain appropriate standards etc.

That's back from September last year.

TheBigD
6th Aug 2014, 17:29
haha.. its funny how some of you get so worked up about this stuff! RELAX TWOTIGERS! :ugh: this is a forum to discuss stuff... not get all hyper about someones lack of experience or choice. Youve clearly been too long in this scene so i think a holiday wil do you good. :ok:

Apache : nahh.. pessimism never bothers me. Im in this for the long run.

And for everyone whose so worried about how i got my two types..firstly thats not the point of this thread. Secondly , u dont know nothing about indian aviation so lets leave it at that. Make peace people, not war!

Lets all be civil here & help if we can okay :)

Female Flyah,
Here is some free advice; no need to pay me.....
1. I would avoid the text speak as in u, ur, cuz, shld, etc....It comes off as rather unprofessional and you come off as lazy spoiled brat because you can't be bothered to spend an extra second to type correctly.
2. TwoTigers has probably been in this industry for quite some time. He has seen the ups and downs with this industry, and the T&C go to shyte....So he knows what he is talking about...But I guess you with your 500 hrs TT and 3 type ratings know more than him.
3. A lot of us do understand Indian aviation, and the corruption and nepotism and the BS involved. We also understand there are 7000 unemployed fresh/new/wet CPL Indian pilots trying to find that elusive job. The desperation causes them to spend money on a TR only to realize that they need time on type. So they pretty much end up agreeing to any conditions to get that time (little to no pay, p2f, etc). So yes, it does degrade the industry. Not only does it diminish T&Cs but the deserving, hard working, intelligent, Indian CPL holder that should be in that 737 isn't because he was beat to the job by those that had the means to buy a TR, and then spend another $50-60K on a line training program. This is not only true of Indian "fresh" CPL holders but also of the Europeans fresh "frozen atpl" holders.
4. I think a lot of us would like to know about your two other types. Makes one wonder about your decision making skills or lack thereof. Please do tell. Were you furloughed from your past employer, or did you quit because you were to good to be flying for your past employer, or did the 100-200 hour line training program run out.
5. oh yeah, and BIH, AFAIC, ur welcome for da advice. But B4 i go, if u need any more advize, cuz ur such a BAC lemme know cuz i will try to help. B4N, AMBW. laters.:ugh::ugh::ugh:

Capt Apache
6th Aug 2014, 19:17
That's how Shakespeare felt when he first heard American slang :}

Just kidding.

TheBigD
7th Aug 2014, 02:40
No worries, no offense taken :)

flyboy_nz
7th Aug 2014, 06:11
p.s. flyboyNZ equitable split? 50/50?

Yes sounds good to me.

But I guess femaleflyah will probably opt for another rating instead or will she opt for line training? and on which aircraft? Or... she is really a he who is being a troll? The suspense is more intoxicating than an Indonesian soap opera.