PDA

View Full Version : ATPL Exam Validity - Request for help

DDunny
21st Jul 2014, 13:01
Apologies if this is the wrong firum:-

All,

Without going through the whole story again I am appealing to the CAA for an extension to the validity of my ATPL theory exams to allow me some time to complete the Instrument Rating. I recently wrote to my MEP and they have contacted the CAA on my behalf and I am now awaiting a further response.

In the meantime I was hoping to identify any other individuals, across Europe, who have been granted an extension under article 14 (4) of Regulation 216/2008 since EASA has taken over responsibility.

I would be grateful for some help in doing this particularly if any of you are able to post on additional forums such a PPL IR , Bristol Ground School or other similar forums.

I am trying to establish whether this exemption has been granted to any member state and under what circumstances.

If anyone is able to help it would be much appreciated.

BigGrecian
24th Jul 2014, 01:48
Never ever heard of an exemption.

I know several (probably over 5) who expired and had to start again.

BillieBob
24th Jul 2014, 09:07
National authorities do not have the right under EU law to grant exemptions in individual cases such as this.

The provisions of Article 14(4) are confined to cases of "unforeseen urgent operational circumstances or operational needs of a limited duration". The Agency has recently informed competent authorities that it will not permit any exemptions under Article 14(4) unless there is a clear safety case.

OhNoCB
24th Jul 2014, 10:12
About 2 years ago a club colleague was granted a 1 month extension for the PPL exams, I think he argued a horrendous period of bad weather (it was). 1 month turned out to be not enough and they lapsed.

Alex Whittingham
24th Jul 2014, 15:44
I'm afraid that what Billie Bob said ^^^ is correct.

DDunny
28th Jul 2014, 16:03
Thanks all.

I have appealed to EASA anyway but not expecting any joy.

Alex - I have just today sent Noush an email with regards to which ones I would need to redo, how much it would cost and how many exam sessions it can be split over.

I have my CPL now but not the IR.

Thanks

Dave