PDA

View Full Version : Flight planning & Special Use Area. How to avoid? JetPlanner

leszczu
21st Jul 2014, 03:02
This is my first post so hello everybody! :)

During my training for FOO licence I'm taught how to plan a flight with JeppesenJetplanner. After completing planning and checking NOTAMs I see, that some Restricted Areas are restricted within FL window for my flight. But it is impossible to check in JetPlanner, where exactly this area(s) is/are. Is the only possibility to check as route is going and check every airspace? Can anyone explain me how to check if Special Use Area inflences my route? How does it look in practice?

Thanks for help!

plans123
21st Jul 2014, 14:23
Do you mean using the Restrictive Airspace function?
If so, when you build your polygon/circular avoid area, you have three options available to you:
Alert - This will create an airspace incursion alert within the body of the flightplan.
Restricted - Will attempt to optimise the route, avoiding the restricted airspace either laterally or vertically.
Unspecified - This will create the restricted airspace and allow flights to pass through it without creating alerts.

On the Route & Time tab you can also change the way Restrictive Airspace affects your flight by selecting one of the following:

Enable CCAA - This will attempt to optimise the route whilst avoiding the restricted airspace either laterally or vertically.

Enable CCAAN - This will create an airspace incursion alert in the flightplan.

Hope that is some help... :ok:

leszczu
26th Jul 2014, 13:02
Thanks! I will chceck CCAA and CCAAN function (didn't know that) :)

But what I meant, that, i.e I check the route NOTAM for FIR concerned by my flight. And for example I read, that certain Area is restricted from FL300 to FL660. It means, that my flight might go through this area, but I must check it visually. I tried to find a function in JetPlanner, how to find this area.

In Europe it is easy - if Your flight is validated, then everything is ok. But going from UK to Mexico there is no validator for part outside eurocontrol.

Maybe Im not clear enough, but in general, FOO must check if flight is going outside restricted area (and Im not sure, if JetPlanner for planning purposes omit those airspaces).

If You have any Idea how to solve it, I'll be glad :)

SU-GCM
27th Jul 2014, 05:07
As far as I know there is no such function in Jetplan unfortunately

Also does anybody know if there is an option to avoid a country NOT an FIR ?

leszczu
27th Jul 2014, 10:17
In Route&Time tab there is such an Option "Country avoid", You can choose: OFF, ON, Notify. I Chose ON, but nothing has happend. I was looking in help Topic for something more about this Option and I found this:

"Country avoid

Select from the following options. Full details on how to activate this functionality using the CCAA database can be found in the JetPlan User Guide which can be downloaded through JetPlan.com.
Country Avoid = ON -> Adds the GCAA option to the flight request inputs: This will attempt to optimize a route that avoids the country laterally.
Country Avoid = NOTIFY -> Adds the GCAN option to the flight request inputs: This will create a country incursion alert in the flight plan."

But I have no CCAA, GCAN, GCAA Option and I've never seen it. Hope that helped! :)

plans123
28th Jul 2014, 03:57
Leszczu, Has it been enabled on your account?

leszczu
28th Jul 2014, 05:00
I tried to find it and asked my colleagues and my trainer, they didn't heard about this Option (I mean CCAA and so on). So I guess it is not enabled.

plans123
29th Jul 2014, 11:57
Go into the Database tab and find the CCAA tab. It should be there.

SU-GCM
31st Jul 2014, 03:33
We only have CCAA Here

leszczu
6th Aug 2014, 06:15
Thank You Plans123, CCAA tab is there! Previously I haven't used that. I will check how to use in practice this option! :)

plans123
6th Aug 2014, 20:04
Anytime matey... Can I suggest that you might want to attend some formal JetPlanner training by Jepps. It will make your life easier in the long run if you intend on using JetPlanner.

leszczu
8th Aug 2014, 06:53
Yeah, it would be the best, but Im working with JetPlanner until my practice exam, then I will be trained for LIDO in my company :) So as much as I can I try to learn just for myself and grip general idea of JP. But as I mentioned, after exam I will be trained and will work on LIDO :)

plans123
8th Aug 2014, 10:31
Lido? :yuk: Oh well... no ones perfect :ok:

leszczu
11th Aug 2014, 05:26
Bad experience with that? I know that LIDO has a lot of bugs, but I heard good things about LIDO. But in few months I will have my own opinion ;)