PDA

View Full Version : RIP 9M-MRD and last occupants

taufupok
18th Jul 2014, 00:24
Fellow Malaysians, I may be threading on thin ice with certain religious clerics who had admonished against wishing " R I P " for clearly mischievious reasons. However this MH17 tragedy should give us a chance to call out such boneheads.

I remembered 9M-MRD well, I had to endure some 33 T&Gs on it during one night marathon " endorsement training " with 5 trainees in Senai because crewing thought it was expedient to do so. That was some 17 years ago. Someone posted somewhere that her first flight was on 17th July 1997 and now her last flight was on 17 th July 2014...numerologically, it is the recurring 17s, yikes! More so the recurring 7s, the date 17th, the 7th month and after 17 years of highly productive service for this triple 7.:uhoh::ooh::sad:

perantau
18th Jul 2014, 02:14
2+0+1+4=7 too

aviatorhi
19th Jul 2014, 00:58
Also TWA800 was 18 years to the day (not suggesting it was shot down, only coincidence). As well as the TAM crash in Brazil in 2006.

Really bad year for the T7, after a virtually unblemished history it took 13 months to get 3 hull losses and a body count of over 500.

Further, in 1975, at the height of the Cold War, Apollo and Soyuz connected in orbit. Now in 2014, we are inching closer to the brink of shooting at each other.

Luke SkyToddler
19th Jul 2014, 03:27
Pardon my ignorance and not wishing to start a religious debate, but why on earth is it offensive to anyone to say RIP?

Geragau
19th Jul 2014, 06:52
Some Malay Muslim Ustaz had gone public chastising non Muslim Malaysians for using RIP in conveying condolences to Muslims. Now by law only Muslims can use the word Allah, some Arabic words and utterances cannot be uttered by non Muslims. Non Muslims are threatened with severe punishments if the fall foul of these " laws"

Some Malay Muslim clerics also want to ban the putting of flowers on graves! Many more quirky mind bongling " fatwas ":ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

greybeard
19th Jul 2014, 08:35
Greybeard and wife took MH 89 out of Narita, followed by 127 to Perth Friday 18th.

Cabin crew did a VERY professional job on both flights, ex Japan was after being woken by or waking up to the news, we were very impressed.

Cockpit crew not seen, usual Bi lingual PAs, delays well handled on both sectors.

Been a while, 2008 since we have used MH, will do again if the trips fit.

:ok:

ecureilx
23rd Jul 2014, 06:32
RIP is not for non Muslims as per 'their' law only Muslims can rest in peace ...

simple explanation for the warning ...

hifly787
23rd Jul 2014, 08:26
What absolute rubbish. Of course I will say RIP . Its for the passengers majority of them were Christians. No piece of metal (a 777) holds any sympathy for me.