PDA

View Full Version : Hah. Tiger + tug = oops

das Uber Soldat
17th Jul 2014, 12:21
http://www.imgur.com/hl8TRWm.jpeg

Tug was firmly jammed in the starboard engine. Nose wheel looked a little wonky. Someone's got some explaining to do methinks

004wercras
17th Jul 2014, 12:53
Is it just me or do these ground incidents seem to be increasing in number and severity in the past two years or so? JQ A330 nose wheel and assembly severely damaged during a tow, VA 737 colliding with JQ A320 while the VA a/c was being pushed? Now a TT 320 damaged during pushback I am guessing, judging by the angle of the nose wheel plus the pax disembarking?

Anyway, just food for thought. Could be just me reading into things a little too deeply?

falconx
17th Jul 2014, 13:37
Interestingly enough it was the engineers who lost it not "aero don't care"

aintsaying
17th Jul 2014, 22:29
What do you mean "engineers" falconx?

LeeJoyce
18th Jul 2014, 02:33
It appears what happened here was the shear pin broke

The dispatcher shat his pants and didn't tell the bus driver

Old el airbus'o with engines running idled it's way on and above is the result

Oops...

CAR42ZE
18th Jul 2014, 13:27
Wait... What?!

Are you saying:
The shear pin broke (plausable. I've broken more than my fair share in my early years);
The tug driver decided to keep his tug in front (or slightly to the side) of a running aircraft after the shear pin broke;
The tug and the 'idling' engine came together, no doubt with the driver still inside the tug? Never mind the headset guy having a moment of insanity - could you imagine the brown pants moment seeing a V2500 coming towards you as you sat in the tug?;
Or did old mate jump out of the tug, only to watch in horror with the headset guy as the aircraft approached the parked tug?

(this story doesn't add up)

LeeJoyce
18th Jul 2014, 14:03
I have since been informed the headset man has done the Usain Bolt

Apparently he "Ran off" after it broke

LOL

aintsaying
18th Jul 2014, 22:00
When an tow bar "shear pin" breaks, the tow bar does not seperate from the NLG. There is a much bigger pin still connecting the tow bar head to the tow bar body.
If the tow bar disconnected from the NLG, why then is the NLG lug attach point bent?
I'm still waiting for "falconx" to explain how the tiger engineers did this damage?

Prince Niccolo M
19th Jul 2014, 10:11
and from a front end perspective, I've never had a shear pin break under load that didn't sound like a gun going off under our feet... :eek:

Torqueman
20th Jul 2014, 05:01
Correct me if I'm wrong. Did this happen in Melbourne?
The photo is a bit blurry.

Can't help the pun!
"Cutting corners?" and didn't quite make it!

ASY68
20th Jul 2014, 11:52
Correct me if I'm wrong. Did this happen in Melbourne?

Yes, It was a pushback from G3A to TBDP Y3 which is located on Taxiway Y.

I have since been informed the headset man has done the Usain Bolt

Apparently he "Ran off" after it broke

LOL

LeeJoyce - Where is your source? I know for a fact this is :mad: on your behalf, so you might what to reconfirm your facts with the MEL refueller!

:ugh:

LeeJoyce
20th Jul 2014, 13:09
Engineering shift supervisor

One of our guys was a witness but I haven't asked him cos to be honest I couldn't care less

**** happens here all the time

I thought the story I was told was hilarious though

And basically it's the same as what happened to one of our guys but in a different scenario, he did the bolt, many laughs were had...

ruddman
20th Jul 2014, 20:30
Nice to see you take your job off handling multi million dollar pieces of equipment seriously, LeeJoyce.

I'm sure it was indeed 'hilarious'. :rolleyes: