PDA

View Full Version : Manchester Excel Parking Update......

mondriver
24th May 2002, 14:02
haven't seen much about these crooks in the forum for a few weeks. Just wondered if you guys have managed any victories over their stupid outfit.

I know they are still clamping and ticketing, and now the summer is upon us there is no chance in hell of getting a space in Staff West if you get there in the middle of the day, are we all going to be ticketed for parking on the perimeter road which is double-yellowed but used commonly for extra much needed spaces.

I've had a couple of mates who have been ticketed and just not paid....they'd much prefer to go to court.
Anyone done the same with any result?

Also, I know of one guy, who was sent a notice fine 2 months after the alleged "offence" but hadn't had a ticket placed on his windscreen..!!!!!!

Is this legal or what????????!!!!!

This company just keeps getting better and better..........

TW*TS!

fueldump
24th May 2002, 14:06
Have you seen the blue Mini that has been clamped. It has been sat there for weeks. Has the owner just refused to pay the fine. If so good on him.
Power to the people

411A
26th May 2002, 20:02
Motor cars that park illegally should be impounded. If the owners should fail to pay the fine and impound fees, the auto should be sold at public auction....or chopped up into little pieces and sold for scrap.

The "offenders" can ride the train. OR, take a limo to work (flight crew)...no stress looking for a parking space....and as a side benefit...the car does not go to the shredder.

Quite simple really. Have often wondered why normally bright folks have never understood the idea of "no parking" signs. Could it be that "some" flight crew think that they are...above the law?:rolleyes:

ShotOne
26th May 2002, 21:23
.....the usual prattish comments from 411a.

Yes Excel ARE still up to their old tricks. I can back up the story about getting a notice through the post months after the event. They did that to me and in the end were not even able to tell me what I was supposed to have done. It was withdrawn after I complained to the airport (who in fact get half the cash!). I hven't yet heard of anyone actually being taken to court, although I know of a couple of guys whose "penalty charges" have got to around the £400 mark.

By the way, if anyone wants to tell them how much we approve of them them without paying a premium rate charge, their numbers are;

Tel: 0114 267 8008
Fax: 0114 267 8009

411A
26th May 2002, 22:58
Have done greatorex...are not these guys the same company that cart away cars from Tower Road in MAN...those that are improperly (illegially) parked by the terminal?
Lots of limo services available...BillTheCoach is a good one...are you'all too cheap?
Opps...forgot....this is the UK.
Case closed.

BillTheCoach
27th May 2002, 09:35
Morning All !

Please not that Tower Road should only be available for us to block up with coaches on hotacs or crew transfers and not for the abandonment of vehicles "willy nilly" !

Cars removed from Tower Road are done so by the Police - let's face it you have to be VERY stupid to leave your car unattended right on the main walking route from Terminal 1 to the Airport Police Station and not expect to get booked.

There is one car the clampers/MAPLC have missed - there is a "dirt coloured" BMW 3 series which has been on Level 6 T1 MSCP since September of last year and nothing has been done about it.

Now I say again, having watched Great Victoria Street Bus Station in Belfast being destroyed by car/van bombs so I can only reiterate again that abandoned cars at at international airport are a security threat - after all what does a car bomb look like. I know but do you know what to look for ?

Anyway for avid watchers, the Excel guys can be seen hiding and pouncing in the T1 short stay car park. A good ploy is to bring a girl in a low cup top and short skirt - they seem to be able to do anything without being clamped !

763 jock
27th May 2002, 11:43
All those abandoned cars are a threat to security. There must be several thousand parked in T1 at MAN at this very moment. All those airline passenger cars should be fully screened prior to being parked. Check in 12 hours prior to departure should be enough. :rolleyes: If MAN got some if its equipment such as baggage handling, moving walkways, airbridges etc etc to actually work instead of persecuting ALL staff then maybe it could be a more pleasant place to work.:mad:

jetset445
28th May 2002, 07:46
Excel Parking have been given notice that the conract to supervise the staff car parks and pay and display car parks at man will not be renewed when it expires in June. No announcment has been made yet as to if it is to return in house or given to another company.

BillTheCoach
28th May 2002, 08:54
It's all part of our great masterplan - we're buying Woodford from BAe and using it for remote parking and check-in. Passengers will then be able to check-in for our low frequency high priced high yield bus service to MAN with the usual array of on-board services that one would expect from Britain's lowest flying airline.

The bits of Woodford we don't need for parking will be developed into an exclusive golf and villa resort famous for its (bad)weather - this is to attract the "real" golfers not just the fair weather mob. Plans for the marina have been abandoned after Macc Council realised we would have to flood Wilmslow !

The Lancaster Club will be redeveloped as a major European theme park with a WWII slant and all will be completed by the Commonwealth Games.

(I think I will get up now and have my corn flakes.......)

P.S. Good news for all that Exel may be going !

Capt PPRuNe
28th May 2002, 09:03
There are a few of you who are obviously incapable of reading, digesting and comprehending the arguments being put forward here. To resort to personal abuse because you do not like the viewpoint of another poster, specifically 'one four sicks' petty abuse of '411a's simplistic comments will not be tolerated. By resorting to personal abuse you only show yourself to be incapable of reasoned argument and deserve to be treated like an unruly child and not an educated adult.

411a may have a point of view on the situation but as many of us who work out of Manchester know, it is not the problem of parking on Tower Road but the overzealous application of some rules that are purely put in place to generate income from the staff by persecuting them when they park their cars in the staff car parks. To be clamped and fined because you have inadvertently parked your car slightly skewed or because you have taken your girlfriends car and do not have the appropriate sticker in the window is petty and rightly causes fury amongst those who have witnessed or experienced it.

Yes, if someone is silly enough to park on the double yellow lines on Tower Road then they only have themselves to blame but when someone uses the staff car park legitimately and then are hounded by a contracted in company whose morals are questionable, the type of company usually seen on TV programs like 'The Cook Report' then yes, we have a right to air our views here. Just because 411a feels like having a prod at the sensitivities of a few easily provoked individuals who have shown their susceptibility to falling for the bait does not give them the right to use personal abuse. It just shows that they have lost the argument.

411a has a tendency to have a view on anything and everything that concerns us a pilots and he has a right to air that point of view whether we like it or not as long as it is not abusive. Those of us who have been on here for a while will know that his point of view is more often than not in the minority and probably designed to provoke reaction in the first place. Most of us have learned to ignore his viewpoints and carry on with the main thrust of the topic but a few individuals are disappointingy unable carry on without a major 'throwing of toys out of the pram' and therefore just provide more ammunition for the likes of 411a.

Just realise that he sits far away and relies on old experience to promote his anti-pilot point of view. If you don't have the maturity and intelligence to ignore comments that you are unable to answer in an intelligent way then don't bother coming back here. If you just let him make his point and then move on you will find that he doesn't have any reason to reply. If you do want to draw him in to a debate then put forward a suitable counter argument or point of view. Insulting the person just shows you to be a loser.
:rolleyes:

greatorex
28th May 2002, 09:38
Capt P.,

I agree entirely with what you say - I too have fallen foul of 411's bait and have wrongly risen to it. However, I do feel that his xenophobic remarks such as "...are you'all too cheap? oops...forgot....this is the UK." are the real culprit here. I personally found that highly offensive - imagine, if you will, that that comment was: oops...forgot... that's because you are Black or Chinese or Arabic or Musilm or Jewish - there would rightly so be an outcry, but for some reason his comments are deemed acceptable.

On a happier note, I am glad that Excel's contract will not be renewed and I'm sure that it will make life much easier and happier for all of you guys up there in Manchester.

ShotOne
28th May 2002, 10:53
I'm sure 411 will be delighted at how successful his attention- seeking behaviour has been.

To come back to the point, is it certain that Excel are out?? If so, this is great news. Hundreds of flight crew have been stitched up with fines of at least £60.00 and in some cases much more. Many of these were for trivial or non-existent "offences". Good riddance Excel. Perhaps we should send a condolence card. Here's their non-PO Box address:

Excel Parking Services
356 Cemetary Rd,
Sheffield, S11 8FT

one four sick
28th May 2002, 16:38
shhhhhhh

unwiseowl
28th May 2002, 16:53
Danny, The Guvonr was also known for being an anti pilot wind-up merchant but at least he was well informed. 411a is just plain nasty. How about getting rid of him too? Shall we have a poll to see if he lives or dies? :D

Doctor Cruces
28th May 2002, 17:19
Sorry Folks,

I am also about to possibly upset some delicate flowers.

I have to agree with 411A on some points here.

I have politely pointed out on several occasions, especially in Tower Rd, "Excuse me, but you can not leave your car unattended here, and you are parked beneath a ruddy great sign that says so." Usually a member of the public will say "oops, sorry mate," and move.

HOWEVER,

A fair portion of the Bi-winged master race reply, "But I'm a pilot and I'm not going to be long!/just going in there"

Bringing in Bill The Coach's comments, what is the most likely disguise for a terrorist leaving a car bomb at an airport? Possibly a pilot who insists he is not going to be long.

Sorry and all that, but 411A does have a point this time and the vast majority of you who can honestly say they have never done that are forgetting the prattish minority who always ruin everone elses reputations.

I agree, Excel SUCK.

Doc C.

Deeko01
29th May 2002, 11:06
hmmm no reply from the man like 411A, do you think he gets the message!!!! :eek: :D ;) :rolleyes: :)

ShotOne
29th May 2002, 12:09
Dr Cruces, while I agree with what you have just posted, that isn't what we have been getting upset about.

The reason we want rid of Excel has nothing to do with enforcement of parking in Tower Rd. We are talking about £60.00 fines (plus massive "charges") for having a dirty windscreen, a permit faded by sunlight or not fully pushed into its holder.

Are they definitely out?

Doctor Cruces
29th May 2002, 14:10
Shot One,

Yaeh, I'd noted that but with the topic going off line as they usually do, I was answering something else that had come up.

Doc C.

greatorex
29th May 2002, 20:31
Anyone know if Excel have been given 'the order of the boot'?