PDA

View Full Version : Any reason for an EK Airbus captain not to take this job

JammedStab
14th Jul 2014, 21:47
Renewal not guaranteed is reason #1

Position: Captain A380
Assignment: Skymark Airlines Co., Ltd., Japan - (SKY) (BC)
Flight Base: Tokyo.
Length of Assignment: Three (3) years plus training for initial contract.
Renewal is expected, but not guaranteed.
Expected Start Date: May 2013 for Instructors Will transfer to line operations June 2014
Qualification Requirements:
1) Around 1500 hours total PIC time A380
2) Airline Transport Pilot License (“ATPL”) from ICAO recognized country.
3) 5000 hours minimum total Pilot flight time.
4) Captain Position in last Flight Experience. (most cases)
5) Max age: 60 or below at Class start for ICAO ATPL. 60+ may be considered for current JCAB ATPL holders.
6) Current or Recent Airline operational experience.
7) Last Flight Experience within last 1 ½ years.
8 ) First Class Medical Certificate. (ICAO)
9) Radio License issued by member of ITU.
10) ICAO English Proficiency Certificate. (Or equivalent)
11) Letter(s) of reference. (On Request)
Note: Special consideration may be made for pilots with a JCAB - ATPL License
Compensation: Approximate $175,000 + comprised of:
75Hour Guarantee: US$8,000 month (net)
(Note: Initial Training pay US$7,000 month net of taxes) Japanese income taxes are paid by Skymark.
Note: Airline may buy OFF days back as needed. Current rate is US$1,000/day!
Yen Adjustment: Yen adjustment payment,
(Yen to USD exchange rate - when below is 85 to $1USD.)
Please note: For any captains hired after April 1, 2014, a training bond will be implemented. This will require $500/month of base salary to be withheld until $10,000 is collected. This will be paid back to the captain upon completion of the full contract.
Contract Completion Bonus: US$9,000.00
Overtime Rate: $106.67/hour over 75 hours (Line Captain Rate)
Flight Per Diem: Japanese Yen 150,000/month flat rate Per Month.
Housing Allowance: Japanese Yen 250,000/month, upon successful completion of JCAB
Captain Line Check.
Japanese Taxes: All Japanese Taxes are paid by Skymark.
Loss of License Insurance: Optional LOL Policy.
Move-in/Furniture Allowance: Japanese Yen300,000 (one time allowance), upon successful completion of JCAB Captain Line Check.
Travel Assistance: One positive space round-trip airline ticket each month from assigned base to home of record. Or optional cash payment in-lieu of ticketing.
Vacation: 20 days per year. (24 days per year on second contract)
Sick Leave: 12 days per year.
Medical/Dental Insurance: Japanese National Medical Insurance provided by Skymark. Worldwide Group Medical plan coverage for Employee provided by IGL. Additional family coverage is also available.
Education Allowance: Optional Education Assistance is available. (Conditions apply)
Training: Initial training is normally conducted in Tokyo, Japan. Monthly training guarantee, hotel accommodations and a flat rate Per-diem allowance are all provided during initial training.
Route Structure: International Destinations
Schedule: 20 Days on and 10 days off and free from duty each month. (Off days assigned in Blocks to allow for Home travel)
Uniforms: To be provided by airline.
IASCO Global Pte. Ltd. (IGL)
333 North Bridge Road #08-00,
KH KEA Building, Singapore 188721
Apply online
http://iascoglobal.acquiretm.com/job_de ... otJobs.com
For more information please contact our Flight Crew Leasing Department.
[email protected]

Wizofoz
15th Jul 2014, 04:21
Sky Mark is a Japanese domestic operator whose main experience has been with B 737s.

They recently introduced the A 330 and it's been a disaster.

Exactley how they are going to operate the A 380 profitably is a mystery, so I would put significant lack of job security as a big factor.

I've worked in Japan, and it is vey different.

It usually takes a foreign pilot with experience on type about a year to qualify, after a harrowing series of checks and an " astronaught" style medical.

As the first operator of the A380 in the country, Imsimply can't imagine the kind of hoops the JCAB will expect the company and it's pilots to jump through.

Then there's the money- US 8000 for an A380 captain? That's about base for a first year EK FO, and that's AFTER you qualify.You won't score much over time unless you sell your days off.

Where will you travel to on your days off? I believe the choice is the absolute cheapest fare the company can get, regardless of travel,time, or $500 in lieu.

I have several friends flying the 737 with skid mark. It's an OK job with not every good pay, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to leave EK to go there.

The Chinese contracts beat it n almost every aspect.

yardman
15th Jul 2014, 06:30
They would have to more than double the package to make it financially equivalent to the Emirates package. I honestly don't believe that these people are serious. Who in their right mind would leave Emirates to go and work there? But then again, since you're asking the question maybe they're on to something that I just haven't got as yet.

dogsfatass
15th Jul 2014, 06:53
They are taking NTR's for this position and I would think that's all they'll get. You would have to be extremely unhappy in your current 380 job to move across to here.

Also having worked in Japan I can only imagine the impending disasters that will come getting this rig online.

Risky.

olster
15th Jul 2014, 12:17
way too little money for significant life disruption and hoop jumping - spectacularly and ridiculously underpaid imho.

JammedStab
16th Jul 2014, 20:34
Thanks. I based the question on their statement of "Compensation: Approximate $175,000 +". Maybe they mean over a 3 year time period which obviously would be different.

What to do on days off would be to do what so many pilots would like to do, be able to go to their home country. With back to back blocks of days off combined with vacation(if allowed) would result in 40 days on and 24 days off.

Dihedral1
17th Jul 2014, 00:23
Have a friend at Skymark.
If you look at the package 175K per annum is the min you can expect. Dont just focus on the 8K salary, they break up the compensation, rent allowance etc think you can expect about 13.5K.
Think the commuting is 20 on 10 off unless you sell your days off ($1000 per day ).
Read the CAPA report on the implementation of the A330/380,
Doesn't read as if they have thought the big bus business plan through, the losses have already started. Peach, Vanilla and others nipping at their heels and they don't have the mainline carriers networks.
Buyer beware.

allaru
17th Jul 2014, 03:50
Less than second officer pay, as a previous poster said basic needs to be doubled!!..bout time we started demanding what we are worth....bloody hell 20 years back 15k a month was standard for a widebody Captain, should be minimum 30k nowdays...especially in japan.

fatbus
17th Jul 2014, 06:46
Don't include housing , per Deim , education and what do you have ? Way too low.

Exascot
17th Jul 2014, 08:17
Expected Start Date: May 2013

Why the discussion? Surely you have missed the 'bus'.

Ethiopia
29th Jul 2014, 08:29
I guess this is a good reason too:

Airbus terminates purchase order with Skymark Airlines for A380s (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/asia/item/1282-airbus-terminates-purchase-order-with-skymark-airlines-for-a380s)

Payscale
29th Jul 2014, 09:07
I guess we will have new additional A380 showing up soon, if we can find people to fly them!

SOPS
29th Jul 2014, 09:33
I don't understand, did Skymark cancel the order, or did Airbus cancel the order?

Dropp the Pilot
29th Jul 2014, 09:40
Gee, I hope Emirates can get their hands on those reliable, fuel efficient, A380s before someone else does. They do so much for our bottom-line, I am sure there will be a long list of potential buyers.

Ethiopia
29th Jul 2014, 10:00
Airbus did...

Mister Geezer
29th Jul 2014, 10:27
These frames have RR on the cowling. This is perhaps one reason why EK would loathe to take these aircraft, especially if they found the RRs turned out to be more efficient than the GP7200. :}

Or perhaps EK might not want to touch the frames after they have been associated with a company, that obviously thinks it is completely acceptable to clothe their cabin crew in such a utterly disgraceful manner!!!! Aisle seats at the rear of the cabin would be interesting.

http://www.ausbt.com.au/photos/view/maxsize:467,260/53d6ebbc86b4415086816589767f2254-skymark-airbus-a380-1.jpg

halas
29th Jul 2014, 10:57
Ladyboyz :}

halas