PDA

View Full Version : Survey results are in...

monster330
14th Jul 2014, 15:50
Reuters, AAP agencies. 14 July, 2014

Hong Kong based airline, Cathay Pacific, today released results from an internal, company wide survey that is making waves across the global airline industry.

In May-June of this year, the Hong Kong flag carrier asked all of its employees to participate in a voluntary survey. Aimed primarily at discerning the level of job satisfaction amongst its 30,000+ employees, the survey questionnaire had both general questions answerable by all employee groups, and questions targeted to specific departments within the airline, such as catering, bathroom/janitorial and uniforms.

Whilst the results of the survey reveal some surprises, it's not all "plane sailing" for the Swire run carrier.

Cathay spokesperson Wepu Tui shared some insight: "The survey was aimed primarily at discerning the level of job satisfaction amongst our 30,000+ employees," but noted that "the results of the survey reveal some surprises, it's not all "plane sailing."

Tui made special mention of the results of the questionnaire filled out by the flight crew department of Cathay Pacific, but conceded that the relatively poor turnout was due in part to pilots flying and not having access to the internet.

"Many of our flight crew had to fly during the survey months, May and June, and we don't have inflight internet access as of yet, so that no doubt contributed to the relatively low pilot return on the surveys," he said.

Tui added that the management of Cathay were at the forefront in the airline industry in arresting this disheartening, but not unexpected return. "We're putting in place a policy of inflight web access for flight crew so that future surveys, company policy changes and Intraweb home page updates can be readily accessed by the crew. We're moving too towards a paperless cockpit, so crew are free to send a fax or paper report of how the paperless cockpit is working out. Letters of confirmation of receipt of paper reports about the paperless cockpit will be forwarded to crews individual mail boxes."

Asked about the general level of satisfaction amongst employee groups, and pilots in particular, Tui was effusive in his praise for the survey results.
"There were a few standouts," he proudly noted. "Fully 12% of the pilot group didn't strongly agree that their rosters were fatiguing and at times unworkable, so that's a great result for us. It shows our policies are working, our profit targets are in place and the general level of satisfaction with catering is at an all time high of 88%, matched dollar for dollar with our load factors."

Questioned on the correlation between the pilot rosters and catering, Tui noted that only if pilots were on duty and flying could they be eating the catering, supplied free of charge he added, so therefore the strong non-agreement with rosters reflected the commonly held management view that fuel policy was adequate and the circadian disruptions were in line with cargo uploads from the mainland and South East Asia.

"As a company we pride ourselves on supporting our staff to do their jobs. The flight ops personnel have almost unanimously agreed that flight crew operating manuals are on board the aircraft, a near perfect score. We're very happy with this result."

Claims that the piloting crew were dissatisfied with recent company and union negotiations on pay and rosters are unfounded, according to Mr Tui. "There weren't any questions in the survey on that, so it's not true. All our flight ops crew are happy and this shows in the ratio of flights that end in a landing. Again, a perfect score."

"It's a clear demonstration that our company car parking policies are sound, and our weather department is generally up to date. With summer set in and the weather warm, it's important that information be current and up to date. To mitigate any potential roster or pay issue with crew, we've employed an extra carpark attendant to ensure the summer runs smoothly."

Reuters/AAP press

fly123456
14th Jul 2014, 16:04
:D

fantastic!

BusyB
14th Jul 2014, 16:24
Monster,

You've missed your vocation. Brilliant:ok:

Kitsune
14th Jul 2014, 16:35
Excellent!! :D:D:D

AndontcallmeShirley
14th Jul 2014, 17:16
I just wanted to resurrect an old account to say well done: This is easily the best thing I've ever read on Fragrant Harbour :ok:

sony
14th Jul 2014, 20:16
That was brilliant!

Threethirty
14th Jul 2014, 21:41
Brilliant, well done.

SMOC
14th Jul 2014, 22:50
Broccoli :ok:

Bob Hawke
15th Jul 2014, 00:19
I missed the irony in it too, perhaps because I don't have a car park?

It does read like the spin doctors. Well done. :ok:

goathead
15th Jul 2014, 07:54
So very true ....and spot on the money .:ok:

oriental flyer
15th Jul 2014, 07:59
Claims that the piloting crew were dissatisfied with recent company and union negotiations on pay and rosters are unfounded, according to Mr Tui. "There weren't any questions in the survey on that, so it's not true. All our flight ops crew are happy and this shows in the ratio of flights that end in a landing. Again, a perfect score."

So because one of the burning issues didn't have a question everything is fantastic what a crock . A total disconnect from reality!

reminds me of Marie Antionette " No bread , well let them eat cake instead "

Apologies to Marie because apparently she never said that, but why let the truth get in the way of a good story. It was an insensitive remark made 100 years before by Marie Therese displaying ignorance or total lack of understanding, just like the one above

Liam Gallagher
15th Jul 2014, 08:46
All that stuff about Marie Antoinette is a bit intellectual for us.

Aren't you a bit too smart to be a pilot? :E

BusyB
15th Jul 2014, 12:30
There's a few people here I'd like to sell a used car to!!!:D

bufe01
15th Jul 2014, 15:26
Absolutely brilliant !
You pay attention, I am sure they will cut and pasteand use some of your lines.

CXtreme
16th Jul 2014, 04:54
Wel done monster, and then some fell for it. Maybe shows you can expect anything from this management.

The Management
19th Jul 2014, 03:41
I'm indignant!!!!!!!!

The Management.

Arfur Dent
19th Jul 2014, 07:05
Here's to your bonus matey! Someone's got your measure at last - quite brilliantly too.:ok:

crwkunt roll
20th Jul 2014, 01:38
I'd like to say how happy I am that we won another pointless, stupid waste of time and money "Award"..........

Soul planet
20th Jul 2014, 05:44
"The MH17 incident has naturally overshadowed everything else that happened this week, including the big news for Cathay Pacific – the winning of our fourth World’s Best Airline award from Skytrax." Quoted from icx

Awwww :{

Progress Wanchai
20th Jul 2014, 06:06
Oh my giddy aunt!!!
How did CX manage to fit both of those events into the one sentence???

Caring company?? Yeah, they care a lot about the lost airtime and free publicity.

A mature, caring and well lead company would tear down all the glitter and pomp at Cathay City and replace it with a message board in respect to our lost brothers and sisters at MAS and their passengers. A sociopath company will continue to take selfies in front of said glitter.

I wait with baited breath to see what sort of company Cx proves itself to be.

Steve the Pirate
20th Jul 2014, 07:01
If you read the first and last paragraphs of the update that SP's extract is taken from it will provide some context. The comments are sensitive and appropriate as opposed to SP's sensationalist, gutter press-like, out of context, reproduction of an in-house communique. If you have access, you can read it for yourself and decide for yourself. Personally, I think SP's post should be treated with the contempt that it deserves.

STP

Soul planet
20th Jul 2014, 07:11
Anyone can easily post their condolences as you have read all across the internet but to have the audacity to even mention how MH17 has overshadowed your puppet award, its shamefully a regret. What does this sentence mean? That without the incident in light, you would have had a glamorous show? If that even come across your mind how it impedes your celebration.... What does that say about an individual or company? :\

Imagine, your mother passed away. And in a public message to my mates i first give my condolences to you about how sorry your mother has died, and then i said, however the passing of your mother has overshadowed my dragonboating championship success. And i will celebrate my dragonboating success when your mother's passing news has fade.

Steve the Pirate
20th Jul 2014, 08:13
If you said, "The passing of Steve the Pirate's mother has naturally overshadowed everything else that happened this week, including my dragon boating championship success. I will celebrate my dragon boating success when the news of Steve the Pirate's mother's passing has faded", then that would demonstrate your sensitivity towards my loss and I would appreciate your propriety in delaying any celebration that might have otherwise taken place.

However, if one of your friends had then simply re-posted, out of context and because he thinks you're a bit of a tw@t, that you had only said, "The passing of Steve the Pirate's mother has naturally overshadowed everything else that happened this week, including my dragon boating championship success" and then gone on in a later post to imply that you don't really care about the passing of my mother, then he would have been wrong. In fact, his crassness and immaturity would, in my eyes, have overshadowed your concern for my loss.

STP

Pucka
20th Jul 2014, 08:53
FGS STP, all that SP is trying to point out..is the fact that CX as usual has to get the last word in...irrespective of the tragic gravity of the MH event!! They would have garnered significant respect, had they omitted any reference to that pathetic Skytrax award.

Steve the Pirate
20th Jul 2014, 09:46
In this case, SP has tried to get the last word because he has chosen to post on a public forum, in a ridiculous sized font, only part of the whole message in an attempt to manipulate the sentiment behind it. I think he was wrong to do so but that's just my opinion.

STP

Soul planet
20th Jul 2014, 10:25
Well i did not try to have the last word nor manipulate the context. Everyone here would have agreed how insensitive the company has phrased the situation by forcefully adding its oh-so-glorious title into the message. The reason it has been bolded and enlarged is to show my frustration towards the telex of this (insert pun & followed by a list of awards to have the last words) most caring company 2012, that has wonderfully won the world's best airline 2014, and recently won yahoo emotive brand award 2014 (for like 10 years straight but its a hk award who cares), with the best world's cabin crew 2013..(continue 10 other awards before ending the sentence.)

Yes, every sentence must end with the hundreds of awards we achieved so there is an impactful pun. :D and yes now sit back and enjoy the award winning 2014 signature cx drink and our used-to-be-award-winning business class seats 2012 while i pour a cup of kitty delight, aka award-winning-drink (i stress again) into my mug which has the best cabin crew 2013 mug lid. Thank you ladies and gentlemen for being part of our most caring company 2012.

Steve the Pirate
20th Jul 2014, 11:12
SP, avoid drinking and posting. Your last post makes even less sense than usual. Oh, and if you don't like the propaganda, why bother reading it?

STP

Soul planet
20th Jul 2014, 12:01
I guess kitty paid for your heavy metal amour and shield.

Even scarier when i am sober.

sorvad
20th Jul 2014, 12:54
Eloquent , intelligent and informed as always STP....you know that'll get you nowhere on this forum