PDA

View Full Version : Gleim ATP written test prep, wr to find in indonesia

jet-lover
13th Jul 2014, 21:30
hi all,

can anyone tell me where i can find Gleim ATP test prep, either the book of the soft copy, in Jakarta ?

i could have ordered online but the shipping takes time and i need to start studying asap.

thanks

BlueSkyLife
13th Jul 2014, 23:24
Go here and get prep online style.
https://www.gleim.com/products/productdetails.php/FAATP+ATP-_-FAA-Test-Prep-Online-Airline-Transport-Pilot

Dakotablue
14th Jul 2014, 00:48
Hey JL,

Are you trying to sit the written before 1st August by any chance?

If so I had the same idea. Called the FAA at Oaklohama City to confirm what are the requirements as I hold an EASA ATPL. They told me I needed a verification letter to proceed. Takes a minimum of two weeks to process on their side. Plus the UK CAA are pretty slow to process stuff. I've had to accept that I'm out of time and I'll have to sit the damn ground school course in the future! :ugh:

Hope you have better luck!

aviatorhi
14th Jul 2014, 01:04
That ground school course is going to end up costing a good 8-10K (US).

jetjockey696
14th Jul 2014, 04:01
If you can handle study from ebooks..try ASA products

ATP (http://www.asa2fly.com/ATP-C326.aspx)

good luck..

Never mail order anything from outside indonesia. the custom duty is a lot... some cases more than the book, mail charges.. and some more.... its robbery at its worst.

aviatorhi
14th Jul 2014, 05:05
Forgot to mention, the program from Gleim is available as a direct download.

MarkerInbound
14th Jul 2014, 05:35
Dakota, you're saying OKC said you need the license verification prior to the written? The regs only say you need a signoff if required which they further go on to say is not required for the ATP and ID. To do the checkride you have to have a commercial or ATP and if it is foreign it needs to be validated.

kwaiyai
14th Jul 2014, 06:24
The Problem probably for Dakota will be the UK CAA Verification of his License process time.

UK CAA now has a system that requires you to,
1) Fill out a form and send it to them giving permision for them to release
his License information to in this case the FAA.

2) yep it takes up to 14 working days. Personally for me twice now it was a month plus. The form has to be processed and then UK CAA will respond to an email request from OKC in this case for his LV info. At least dealing with FAA should be faster though.

3) as Usual they charge 44 GBP everytime you send the form. I'm lucky as already got an ATP so just transferring rating's over as fed up of this
system.

jet-lover
14th Jul 2014, 06:26
actually i m planning to sit for the exam around mid august. mine is ICAO CPL. i have email from US based training company which i guess might b very helpful in explaining all the process involved in detail. if u r interested, PM me ur email. will forward it.

thank u all for all the replies.

Flying Joe
14th Jul 2014, 07:04
Hi jet-lover,
I'm going trough the same your process; I had my written ATP test last January and now I'm arranging for check ride to get an unrestricted FAA ATPL.
Let me know if you need some informations, it will be pleasant to me to help you and share experiences.

Fly safe
Flying Joe

skywagondriver
14th Jul 2014, 07:21
You can go and sit the exam at any time - there is NO requirement for your foreign Licence to be validated to do so. The result is valid for two years.

As someone mentioned the ASA app is a gift.

As long as you pass the exam before the end of July you have two years to complete a check ride.

Gtr21
14th Jul 2014, 09:45
hey jet lover,
i did my faa written last month, gleim is a pain to study on.
i ordered the books online, and it cost me around 3 mill for the whole atp prep set.
gleim gives you about 1700 questions and it is quite time consuming so if you are looking to get it done asap, i would recommend the atp prep course.
you go there in the morning, do they prep which is questions of 600 and do the exam in the evening.
the validation is only required for when you wanna do your sim check, for written you dont need it.
also you need to get tsa clearence before your sim

justasmallfire
14th Jul 2014, 16:47
if your looking for a hard copy of the books there used to be a shop at the place where you do medicals in jakarta,and another just outside Halim airport.Though its been a while since I was out there.

aviatorhi
15th Jul 2014, 10:21
If you're going to attempt to take the exam after July 31, 2014 you will need to meet new requirements with additional ground training required prior to taking the exam. As I noted earlier this cost will most likely eclipse 8k USD.