PDA

View Full Version : Germany Will Win The Worldcup In Brazil

hvogt
11th Jul 2014, 17:43
I couldn't be more indifferent about who will win the World Cup, but this made me laugh:

RLZUKqpXYzU

airship
11th Jul 2014, 18:07
Und the British don't want either Germany or Argentina to win. I do think some of them might have supported the French in their last match though. But I might be hallucinating... :p

OFSO
11th Jul 2014, 18:19
Screaming and shouting down the hill from our house whenever Germans are playing, and the Germans drive around with two little flagpoles on their cars flying ze German flag.

I foresee Sunday night being noisy.

500N
11th Jul 2014, 18:29
OFSO

Shoot, shoot :O

500N
11th Jul 2014, 18:32
OFSO

"Shoot, shoot" :O

Fat Magpie
11th Jul 2014, 19:47
I knew one day England could play as good as Brazil

500N
11th Jul 2014, 20:02

:D:D:D

Very good.

er340790
11th Jul 2014, 20:20
"Ja, Ja, Baby! Das ist Gut!!!" :}

radeng
11th Jul 2014, 20:40
my feeling is:

Who f***ing cares?

Total waste of time and money for my mind......;

Sir George Cayley
11th Jul 2014, 20:46
Perversely I want the Argies to win, just to further annoy the precious Brazilians.

And for Brazil to come 4th in the runners up.

Never mind it'll be alright for the Lympdicos.

SGC

goudie
11th Jul 2014, 21:21

What! Win the World Cup 5 times?. Dream on.

Seaeagle109
12th Jul 2014, 00:12
I didn't know that the Germans played Rugby and isn't the next World Cup in the UK next year?

Fat Magpie
12th Jul 2014, 06:23
I have often wondered about Rugby in Germany, I think they would love it.

cavortingcheetah
12th Jul 2014, 06:31
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wveW9Tw2JKE

Arch Stanton
12th Jul 2014, 06:59
"I didn't know that the Germans played Rugby and isn't the next World Cup in the UK next year?"

You can hardly call it the rugby "World Cup"

Remind me again how many countries actually play rugby and how many games they have to play to reach the finals?

Just for comparison in the real World Cup there are over two hundred countries attempting to qualify over a two year period.

Seaeagle109
12th Jul 2014, 07:15
103 ranked Rugby playing nations; Germany is actually 26(down from 25 last year; Germany didn't make the 20 nations to playoff in 2015)). Games to qualify, no definite number quoted that I can find but the process takes over 1 year and up to 2 years with playoffs between regions/ continents to whittle down the numbers; same as soccer.

B Fraser
12th Jul 2014, 07:18
For rugby, there's a team from every continent except Antarctica. That sounds "world" enough for me.

Just for comparison in the real World Cup there are over two hundred countries attempting to qualify over a two year period

The same can be said for the rights to host it. A fat wad of cash seems to do the trick though. I hear that when Russia hosts it, the act of throwing the ball back into play will be called "the Putin". Football can be a decent game but the sport needs an enema to flush out the turds that run the world cup.

Akrotiri71
12th Jul 2014, 08:09
Maybe The Cloggies can see the precious Brazil into 4th. However, Brazil having their noses rubbed in the dirt any further by an Argie win I couldn't stomach, (the Argie win that is).
C'mon The Teutons!

Tankertrashnav
12th Jul 2014, 09:09
For rugby, there's a team from every continent except Antarctica. That sounds "world" enough for me.

Unlike the "World Series" which is competed for by baseball teams from the USA and, er, oh yes ...Canada!

bosnich71
12th Jul 2014, 09:27
As someone said after the German demolition of Brazil,

"That's the best Germany have played since Poland in 1939".

pax britanica
12th Jul 2014, 11:43
Actually rugby is surprisingly widespread, my son played for a team in Germany while living there-some Brits but a lot of Germans in the club which had 4 fifteens . Went on a tour to Croatia to play Split Rugby club which even more unlikely sounding.Apparently rugby was quite popular in Germany in thirties but a certain mustached guy or one of his cohorts thought it was elitist and pretty much bannned it. Probable a good thing otherwise they would probably be winning the 'Seven nations ' every other year.

As for Sunday its a choice between Dont cry for me Argentina - or Deutschland uber Alles, Germany should do it but Argentina are even more accomplished spoilers than they are. Cannot see it being much of a game unless Germany score after about 20 Mind and force the Argies out of their defensive mindset.

Pinky the pilot
12th Jul 2014, 11:53
"That's the best Germany have played since Poland in 1939".

Exceptionally poor taste bosnich71 but I still laughed!!:D

airship
12th Jul 2014, 11:54
Ach (or should that be ouch?!) bosnich71...

A little "below the belt" perhaps. But I guess it depends on whether you're a German with a good sense of humour and/or you're a "north of the south Pole" or a "south of the north Pole" if you're Polish. Wonder who the Polish generally will be cheering on...?!

Whatever, if Germany does win against Argentina this Sunday, somewhere, there must be someone who perhaps also quietly exclaims "That was also for the Admiral Graf Spee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_cruiser_Admiral_Graf_Spee)...!" ;)

Tankertrashnav
12th Jul 2014, 16:47
Perversely I want the Argies to win, just to further annoy the precious Brazilians.

I cant believe any true Brit can want the Argies to win. Never mind The Falklands, after the infamous 1986 "Hand of God" goal nothing would induce me to support them, even if they were playing North Korea.

I hope Germany stuffs them, if only to annoy that fat :mad: Maradonna!

500N
12th Jul 2014, 18:50
Tanker

Agree totally. I couln't believe i was reading a brit supporting the argies.

And apart from Maradona, that fat loud mouth bitch of a President.
Hope he has a heart attack on the operating table.

DevX
12th Jul 2014, 19:28
I hope the Argentinians get well and truly stuffed, if for no other reason than our Royal family have German blood coursing through their veins, albeit very diluted.

bosnich71, I think the Germans are more successful at football than most would like to admit.

The following is lifted off t'internet:
"Germany is one of the most successful national teams in international competitions, having won a total of three World Cups (1954, 1974, 1990) and three European Championships (1972, 1980, 1996). They have also been runners-up three times in the European Championships, four times in the World Cup, and have won a further four third places. East Germany won Olympic Gold in 1976 and Germany is the only nation to have won both the men's and women's World Cups. Germany are also the only European nation that has qualified for every FIFA World Cup they have been permitted to enter, the only other in the world being Brazil."

bosnich71
13th Jul 2014, 10:55
My little joke about Poland was just tongue in cheek. I hope the Erics give the Argies a right good thrashing tonight.
I admire the way the Budesleiga is organised... 51% plus of shares in the clubs must be owned by fans and not some Russian crook or whatever and is something that should happen in the Premier League but of course will not

ehwatezedoing
13th Jul 2014, 16:00
I cant believe any true Brit can want the Argies to win. Never mind The Falklands, after the infamous 1986 "Hand of God" goal nothing would induce me to support them, even if they were playing North Korea.

I hope Germany stuffs them, if only to annoy that fat :mad: Maradonna!

The German had their fair of getting away from cheating too during world cup.
VPTOnClKCJc
From Wiki
1982 World Cup incident[edit]
See also: West Germany vs France (1982)
Battiston is particularly remembered for the 1982 FIFA World Cup semi final in Seville, when France faced West Germany. He came off the bench in the second half, and after ten minutes of play, following a through ball by Platini, Battiston was clear through the German defence racing towards goal. The German goalkeeper, Harald Schumacher, raced towards Battiston as the Frenchman took the shot, missing the goal. Schumacher leapt into the air, twisting his body and colliding with Battiston. In the process Schumacher's hip hit the Frenchman's face. Battiston, clattered, fell to the ground unconscious, with damaged vertebrae and teeth knocked out, later slipping into a coma. Emergency medics had to administer oxygen on the pitch.[1] Michel Platini later said that he thought that Battiston was dead, because "he had no pulse and looked pale".[2]

The Dutch referee Charles Corver did not give a foul, let alone send Schumacher off. Schumacher then proceeded to take the goal-kick and play resumed. After winning the game, the goalkeeper caused more controversy when he was told that Battiston had lost three teeth, and replied: "If that's all that's wrong with him, I'll pay him the crowns."

Schumacher later apologised in person to Battiston, and the apology was accepted by Battiston. In his autobiography, Anpfiff, published a couple of years later, Schumacher said the reason he did not go over to check on Battiston's condition was because a number of French players were standing around Battiston and making threatening gestures in his direction.

chuks
13th Jul 2014, 16:06
Well, it's now four hours and four minutes to the start of play and the tension is palpable here in the village. Or not, as the case may be; it's just a quiet, rainy German summer Sunday late afternoon as far as I can tell, no tension there to be palpated, none at all.

Last night we watched the poor old Brazilians being handed another loss, from the Dutch this time. There were plenty of fouls from both sides during that match, with the referee seeming to be a bit stricter than what we had seen. Too, if he had listened to my German wife, one of those Dutch goals would not have counted, since someone was slightly off-sides, by about one lower leg as far as I could tell.

We are off to see the match at a rather cosmopolitan gathering, mostly Germans but also an Italian, a couple of Tanzanians and one American. We should eat first and then put the food away, so that no potato salad gets thrown at the big screen should the unthinkable happen.

In that case, It shall be "First the World Cup, then Las Malvinas!"

con-pilot
13th Jul 2014, 18:02
My money is on North Korea winning the Cup.

At least according to the North Korean media.

North Korea state TV announced that after NK vs Japan 7-0, NK vs USA 4-0, NK vs China 2-0, the WC final will be between NK and Portugal. Go NK.

World Cup 2014 final in North Korea TV : Portugal VS North Korea !! - YouTube

:E

Flap 5
13th Jul 2014, 18:02
Some may not want the germans to win because of a difference of opinion 70 years ago. I prefer to look back just 30 years to the Falklands and that one is still ongoing. Come on Germany! Mind you I quite like Messi. He seems a decent chap. Pity about his politicians.

Fat Magpie
13th Jul 2014, 18:28
Agree...it happened some odd 70 years ago, I doubt many posters on here were involved yet to some it happened only yesterday, move on.

If you wish to keep old prejudices alive you end up in the magical land of N Ireland and all the pleasures it enjoys annually.

Fareastdriver
13th Jul 2014, 21:04
End of normal time and it's still 0-0.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
13th Jul 2014, 21:37
A slight modification to the old truth

"Football is a game of 90 minutes, with extra time if necessary, at the end of which, Germany win."

Tankertrashnav
13th Jul 2014, 22:03
ehwatezedoing

The German had their fair of getting away from cheating too during world cup.

Yes but that was against the French, so it doesn't count ;)

Anyway, 1- 0 - well done the Erics :ok:

sprocky_ger
13th Jul 2014, 22:14
Con-pilot, that NK video has been proven to be a fake.

con-pilot
13th Jul 2014, 22:17
Con-pilot, that NK video has been proven to be a fake.

Really, say who, North Korea. :E

Doesn't matter now anyway, this thread is finished, no more World Cup for four more years, then hello Putin. :D

sprocky_ger
13th Jul 2014, 22:25
No, it was not made by NK. And that was not a statement of NK :p

con-pilot
13th Jul 2014, 22:49
No, it was not made by NK. And that was not a statement of NK

Man, this could get complicated. :p

bosnich71
13th Jul 2014, 23:24
..... it happened 70 years ago etc. ..... move on.
My Mother's house was bombed the night she was in hospital having me so when we arrived back home we had nowhere to live which meant we had to go to Scotland to live with my father who was stationed up there. Now that was traumatic .... living with the jocks for a year that is ..... so I've never really forgiven the Erics.
P.s. that was the worst display by Argentina since Port Stanley, 1982.

chuks
14th Jul 2014, 07:39
Congratulations to North Korea upon their historic victory in the World Cup! It's official, as confirmed right here, on the Military sub-site (Pictures don't lie!). We had already been told by KCNA about Kim Il Sung scoring multiple holes-in-one during his very first game of golf ever, so who should doubt this fresh report, of a crowd of Kim Jong Un's unknown kimche-munchers taking the World Cup?

Meanwhile, though, millions of deluded Germans are rejoicing, thinking themselves to be the new football world champions. I look forward to buying a new DFB tricot with four world championship stars on it instead of three, first chance I get.

Perhaps my friend Johann Hügel can get me the real thing in red, next time he's visiting Pyongyang, but this will just have to do for now.

Pinky the pilot
14th Jul 2014, 09:13
that was the worst display by Argentina since Port Stanley, 1982.

bosnich71 I laughed again.:D And I agree with you anyway!:ok:

And I realise the earlier comment was only a joke.;)

bosnich71
14th Jul 2014, 10:20
Major riots on the streets of Beunos Aires being reported on the news services........ normal behaviour there then.
I'm just hoping that the Erics don't get too excited and revert to previous form and go for holidays in Eastern Europe again.

Pinky the pilot
14th Jul 2014, 10:44
I'm just hoping that the Erics don't get too excited and revert to previous form and go for holidays in Eastern Europe again

If they did, I suspect that they would eventually find it a bit too cold!:uhoh:

Yeah, I laughed again!

Lonewolf_50
14th Jul 2014, 13:43
Two good teams fought it out, and the best team in the tournament won on a beautifully played goal.

A good result, a pity they had to get to extra time to close the deal.

Bravo to Messi for being awarded the golden ball: I think it was well deserved.

Low Flier
14th Jul 2014, 18:42
http://s29.postimg.org/arjnneb2v/uberalles.jpg