PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair to recruit moroccan local pilots?

B-737
10th Jul 2014, 17:53
Hello

I heard that ryanair will recruit moroccan local pilots for it's bases in RAK and FEZ.

Anyone can confirm that?

Thank you

aerobat
11th Jul 2014, 07:29
The usual procedure is to employ a local pilot and then when line checked send him to the furthest, most inconvenient base base from his home. :)

B-737
11th Jul 2014, 08:07
Impossible in this case , moroccan pilots need a EU passport or right to live and work in europe so if they recruit moroccan pilots they can't send them away from home!!!

So if anyone know about this?

SlowAndSilly
12th Jul 2014, 17:29
hm...

Thought EI-planes were Irish/Catholic territory and the captains driving them were ambassadors/priests/popes? Working permit shouldn't be a problem as long as you work in "Ireland"?

maggot738
12th Jul 2014, 19:58
It's currently a requirement to have an EU passport or some form of EU right of abode for employment as a pilot with FR.

TypeIV
12th Jul 2014, 20:49
If there's a way around that which ultimately leads to increased profit, you can rest assured that that way will be used.

RAT 5
13th Jul 2014, 06:47
It is also a requirement to have an IA EASA licence. Morocco is outside EASA territory. It would be interesting to see how RYR could force those plots to obtain an IAA CPL/ATPL. Watch for Ryanair Morocco Express to be launched all on local T's & C's, licences, taxes etc. Surely the same will be true if they recruit local cabin crew and the EASA cabin crew licence is introduced.

B-737
13th Jul 2014, 08:25
There are moroccan pilots who have easa licences because they trained in europe. Do you find it normal that an irish company has 2 bases in morocco and no moroccan pilot is employed even those who have easa licences while they are taking European pilots with exactly the same licences to work in rak and fez bases just because they don't have a EU passport , but the aircrafts are based in morocco

maggot738
13th Jul 2014, 15:42
Actually, the Base Captain in Marrakech is Moroccan but also holds EU citizenship.

BluSdUp
13th Jul 2014, 17:50
Standard requirement is a Jaa lisence and the right to work in Europe.
Morocco is not standard. If You have Icao 6 english and 5000 hrs + B-737 and are local , I can see Ryr getting You a validation and a work permit to work in Dublin. Rak or Fez based.
American Russian and a load of Ex Varig pilots has gone this route.
Is it good news ! .? Weeeell !!?..

Ps .SlowAndSilly, :you got the perfect name for yourself,,,,,,!!

pudoc
14th Jul 2014, 01:25
It's for visa issues I think. So they will probably get based in Fez or Marrakech.

Still think most Morrocans will go to Royal Air Maroc.

Cliff Secord
14th Jul 2014, 01:35
There are moroccan pilots who have easa licences because they trained in europe. Do you find it normal that an irish company has 2 bases in morocco and no moroccan pilot is employed even those who have easa licences while they are taking European pilots with exactly the same licences to work in rak and fez bases just because they don't have a EU passport , but the aircrafts are based in morocco

Er, didn't stop FedEx in Paris. Fair few European FAA licenced guys with mad dog time but not open to them unless USA right to work.

BluSdUp
16th Jul 2014, 19:38
Gentlemen
The world of aviation is posibly changing,, why , we are beeing audited by the Irish Tax And Revenue Services,if that is what You can call it.
All 2000 of us tempo contracors in RF. BF And Sturm.

NOW do You understand why they need new local boys.?
I shure wish You all luck, learen French or Mandarin , its not that we did not warn You.

Ps . Remember we are all Gloryfied TaxiDrivers,,,,,,,,!!?

No Fly Zone
18th Jul 2014, 21:06
I read the question and the several replies with amusement. It seems that Ryan will spare no expense to base pilots for the airline's convenience, requires most of them to 'purchase' their own document collections, licenses (A not inconsiderable expense!) and continues to pay them a pittance and otherwise make their lives uncomfortable. As only an observer (non-participant) in the international permit and license games, I truly do not understand how Ryan Air gets away with it, somehow managing to find the steady string of (Ho-Hum) qualified pilots to fill their needs. I Do Not understand their pilot personnel policies . Why an otherwise qualified pilot wold want to work for them is beyond my understanding . Best wishes to those who pursue this course, and I hope that you do so with the blinders off . If not, that fellow will abuse you and you will soon wonder how you into such a mess Then what ?

wondering
22nd Jul 2014, 08:15
Why an otherwise qualified pilot wold want to work for them is beyond my understanding .

Thatīs because there arenīt that many other options for a fresh licence holder with ~200h to get on a shiny jet or any other plane for that matter.

B-737
22nd Jul 2014, 10:13
Exactly especially if you don't have a EU passport or right to live and work in Europe