PDA

View Full Version : my wifi network access is limited

billucci
5th Jul 2014, 17:02
hello everybody

I ve a STUCK issue with my house wifi network. when i try to connect with my phone while all my brothers are connected , i can't access and it shows that there is an ip address conflict . i tried to modify the ip adress , DNS . but still have the same problem . i checked the router configuration it seemed to me well set .

please i want your help ASAP

THANK YOU GUYS

Saab Dastard
5th Jul 2014, 18:03
If there's an IP address conflict then you need to identify all the devices that are connecting on the same subnet, and find out what IP addresses they are using.

The most likely reason for an IP address conflict is that some or all of the devices are using fixed IP addresses.

If you use DHCP and someone then assigns themselves a fixed IP address, then there'll be a clash. If you use fixed IP addresses without tight control over what device uses what address, then you're likely to get an IP address conflict.

Best to use DHCP with an address pool large enough to supply addresses to all devices on the subnet, and not use fixed addresses.

Another possibility is if you've got more than one router / wifi access point acting as a DHCP server on the same subnet. Carnage.

DNS has nothing to do with your problem.

SD

alexmartin11
17th Jul 2014, 06:20
You can try this and hope it helps.

If your router have a faulty DHCP server causing IP conflicts on the network, you may resolve this by upgrading the firmware of your router.

If you have fixed IP address, check and make sure each local host is configured with a unique IP address.

If you have a dynamic IP, try to release and renew your IP address and might fix IP address conflicts.

Booglebox
17th Jul 2014, 12:57
Start > Run > type "cmd" > press enter

Run these two commands:
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew